in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,782 books
 New: 214 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

The Phantom in United Kingdom

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: The Phantom in United Kingdom  (Read 4470 times)

delboj

message icon
The Phantom in United Kingdom
« on: June 04, 2010, 07:14:40 PM »

Does anyone can help in this project
Code: [Select]
http://www.schapter.org/wiki/The_Phantom_publications_in_the_United_Kingdom

It should be added more articles and covers.

Some informations are available on
Code: [Select]
http://deepwoods.org/britain.html

But not all, for example about Four Aces (in that magazine was published story D 4 - Little Toma (1954)).
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
Re: The Phantom in United Kingdom
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2010, 07:24:18 PM »

Looks interesting...hopefully some folks will join in and help out.

B.
ip icon Logged

delboj

message icon
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2010, 07:46:14 PM »

It would be nice.

Of course, it would be helpfull if someone has Phantom issues from some other countries.
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2010, 09:12:39 AM »

Hi delboj and sorry to be so long getting onto this.  Actually, you've helped me with some cover illos I didn't have and solved the mystery of where those 2 compilation albums came from.  I have them and as there is no indicia or price anywhere in or on them, I was very confused. Thank you.  As to British phans getting their phix, there were also Frew comics which turnd up in the UK. fairly often, on newsagents counters, usually in a pile of other Aussie comics which had presumably been shipped as ballast.  The benefits of having the Commonwealth.  You couldn't count on finding each issue in order, but there was an irregular supply.  That's what started me as a phan, finding a Frew Phantom in a newsagent in Fife when I was a wee boy.
Never looked back.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2010, 12:50:19 PM »

There are a lot of Indrajal Phantom scans online elsewhere
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2010, 02:08:17 PM »

Narfstar, your mention of the Indrajal scans reminds me that there are also a lot of Spanish Phantoms available online.  I've been overdosing on them for a while now.  Links to them are available on Chronicle Chamber at:- http://chronicleforum.50.forumer.com/index.php
Have a look about and you're sure to find them.  Sorry but can't quite recall where they are.
ip icon Logged

delboj

message icon
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2010, 08:34:57 AM »

I have all available Spanish scans and informations are here http://www.schapter.org/wiki/Category:Spanish_issues

I know for Indrajal, it will be something more added in future.

But it would be nice if someone can help about British issues.
ip icon Logged

delboj

message icon
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2011, 07:20:13 AM »

Does anyone know anything about series "Splat" published ca 1985 by Ocean? The Phantom has appeared in this series.

ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.