in house dollar bill thumbnail
In-House Image
 Total: 42,782 books
 New: 214 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Golden Age History Help

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Golden Age History Help  (Read 3201 times)

comicisart

message icon
Golden Age History Help
« on: September 29, 2010, 12:54:29 PM »

Hi
I am currently at College doing my second year, the last time I was in education was 30 years ago.

In this final year it is about web design and hardware and software. I am new to the comic world, but I will be putting forward my paper on comics. Reason is that I find the art work exciting. The only problem I have is I do not know anything about the comics of the period and the artists.

If someone could guide me in the right direction to find this information I would really appreciate it. All I am misssing is the content for my paper.

Many Thanks

Dave
ip icon Logged

builderboy

• VIP
message icon
Re: Golden Age History Help
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2010, 02:51:23 PM »

Dave,

Without benefit of what you know of the requirements of the paper, a good place to start is Wikipedia, which has a section on comics in general, and Golden Age comics more specifically.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comic_book

While you will not get any points for citing Wikipedia as a reference, the article there does give you some other references which may get you on the road.

Best of luck,

-builderboy
ip icon Logged

comicisart

message icon
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2010, 03:23:40 PM »

Thanks Buiderboy

I will look at at the site and try and get some information.

I looked at the site the site before, but I was not sure that the information was correct in detail.

The paper has to have a links to home page, about us etc.

Many Thanks

Dave 
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2010, 12:50:28 AM »

There is so much information out there. Jim Amash's new book on Carmine Infantino just came out with some inside info on DC. Blake Bell's Fire and Water book about Bill Everett and Marvel comics has just come out. Both great books. It is a lot cheaper than a text book, if I were you I would go to twomorrows.com and download all the digital copies of Alter Ego they have and order some of the paper copies. They also have the Carmine Infantino book. Alter Ego has a world of information on comics history. There are also several websites that you have probably already visited.
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.