in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,782 books
 New: 213 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

French site with excellent cartoons and magazines.

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: French site with excellent cartoons and magazines.  (Read 4505 times)

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
French site with excellent cartoons and magazines.
« on: March 09, 2011, 10:22:50 AM »

http://bdpif.com/topic450.html
Found this section of bdpif and, even though I'm nowhere near getting through all the material on here, I thought it would interest some of you. The Rowlandson section is very good but the Austrian magazine, " Die Muskete" just looks great.
Not sure if this should be here or in the ref. section.
ip icon Logged

Crocodilian

message icon
Re: French site with excellent cartoons and magazines.
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2011, 10:08:38 AM »

great stuff!  Merci beaucoups!
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2011, 08:43:16 AM »

De rien.  Je suis certain q' il y en a des autres que nous n'avons pas encore decouvert. Des que je les trouve, je mettrai le link ici.  Pourriez-vous faire la meme? 
Anyone know if I can access a French keyboard on my computer?  This looks a bit daft without the accents.
ip icon Logged

JVJ

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2011, 09:13:20 PM »

I get confused enough with an American keyboard, paw,
and when I try to type on a local one here the "A" and "M" or some other keys always seem to be in unusual or awkward places. It's painfully slow, but I use the Thunderbird "Insert / Characters and Symbols" system to get my accents. Just in case you hadn't thought of it.

Peace, Jim (|:{>
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2011, 04:12:41 PM »

Here we are again.  Thanks for the suggestion, JVJ, not only hadn't I thought of it, I didn't even know of it. I'll try to see if I can work that out - I'm a bit useless with computers.  You're right about the keys.  On the few occasions I've tried to use a keyboard in France, I've found it a bit awkward.  But the site on the link is rather good, isn't it?
I've been getting some help with a '50's British strip which was confusing me a bit and some of the good people at:-
http://www.comicsuk.co.uk/Forum/index.php
in this section:-
http://www.comicsuk.co.uk/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=278&start=1275
came up with the goods. Both responders have excellent comic blogs.
I posted a link to the main forum on GAC but at the risk of boring you, you might want to take a wee look.  Worth it for some of the links.  A whole new world of comics will open up for you. So different. Or, you'll take one look and think, bugger that for a bag o' jorries.  Either way, go on, you know it makes sense. 
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.