in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,782 books
 New: 213 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

How Many Comics?

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: How Many Comics?  (Read 4544 times)

doccomix

message icon
How Many Comics?
« on: June 10, 2011, 05:13:15 AM »

I've been downloading comics from this great site for a number of years now and have amassed quite a collection (almost 3T's worth!). But I was wondering if anyone has actually counted how many comics are on this site? I'm guessing 50,000 or so?
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
Re: How Many Comics?
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2011, 05:39:25 AM »

I've been downloading comics from this great site for a number of years now and have amassed quite a collection (almost 3T's worth!). But I was wondering if anyone has actually counted how many comics are on this site? I'm guessing 50,000 or so?

Narf might know how to find the number...but I'd bet that it is a lot...one day I will take a long vacation just to read.  ;D
ip icon Logged

josemas

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2011, 02:19:58 PM »

Our sister site DCM recently did a count of comics on their site that had them clocking in at 10,600 comics.  I would have said that before the attack on GAC last Fall we were a bit ahead of them in numbers but since the attack we have not yet rebuilt everything on the site so we are somewhat under their current numbers now, clocking in currently at about 8,900, by my count.

Best

Joe
ip icon Logged

doccomix

message icon
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2011, 03:25:42 AM »

That's pretty impressive! Especially, considering that these are almost all Golden Age comics. Add that to the stuff on the K-L site, and you've got a lot of great comics to read! I shudder to think how much it would cost to buy all these comics.

George Lucas could afford them and a few oil magnates, but that's about it! ;)
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2011, 04:27:57 AM »

I have one of each
NOT but sure wish
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2012, 10:10:51 PM »

Old question but for the currently on DCM -
Total Comics: 11989

I'd guess CB+ is a few behind that at the moment.
-Yoc
ip icon Logged

MarkWarner

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2012, 06:16:21 AM »

A bit less .. but not by much :)
ip icon Logged

macsnafu

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2012, 05:25:32 PM »

Well, I sure don't know how many comics are on the site, but one thing I do know, I've found my "lasting stack of comic books"!  Lots of good reading.

ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2012, 07:43:31 PM »

We hope to keep you busy and coming back for a long time macsnafu
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.