in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,782 books
 New: 213 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Paw's profferings

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 37

topic icon Author Topic: Paw's profferings  (Read 163255 times)

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
Re: Paw's profferings
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2012, 07:35:21 PM »

Slick Fun Album is now up. (Well, as soon as Mark sorts out my mistakes). Please have a look at what some British annuals were like back then.  Swan's stuff was a bit different and is nowadays very obscure.  Apart from humour strips, they also featured detective, s.f., adventure and costumed hero strips.
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2012, 04:20:19 PM »

Absolutely a pile of The Champion story paper, now that Mark has them separated out form the original upload - ta muchly, featuring breathtaking tales of Colwyn Dane, Detctive; Rockfist Rogan and more.
A couple of issues of The Thriller, weekly "pulp but in tabloid format and with excellent, moody, threat laden illos.  Still a couple more to sort out.  5 Romance Series prose pocket size from 1945/6.
ip icon Logged

MarkWarner

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2012, 07:30:24 PM »

My pleasure, just a few rough edges for me to smooth on them, but Paw just keep them coming!
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2012, 09:04:14 AM »

I hope this next lot will be ok.  5 Spanish romance titles; a small pile of Rayo Kit - a landscape Spanish western series; an odd American piccolino that I've never before come across and some other lilliputs.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2012, 11:39:12 AM »

thanks again paw
ip icon Logged

josemas

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2012, 12:08:18 AM »

Narf, Paw is really giving you a run for the money in bringing those obscure titles to the site!

Keep 'em coming, guys.

Best

Joe
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2012, 12:27:27 AM »

Is that a challenge?
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2012, 03:46:48 PM »

Not being very competitive, I worry about challenges.  It's just that I'm incredibly curious about all the comics that lie behind the known stuff such as Spidey. Batman et. al. and love turning up those wee gems and the other dross.  But if I find them online, it means that someone else also knows about them, is prepared to share and so we all keep it going and available.
It's like mining or drilling for oil, except our gold isn't black, it's 4 coloured (or b&w in my case)
I was at a comic mart in Glasgow today.  Good fun - coffee was drunk, rolls were eaten and comics were bought.  Lots of good patter and I turned up, amongst other stuff, a copy of Adventure (the British one) with part of an illustrated serial of The Outlaw, a masked man story. All in all a good day.
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #33 on: June 10, 2012, 04:09:26 PM »

OK, I own up, I got that last entry wrong and said Adventure when I should have said Hotspur.
Today, when I should have been packing my case, I uploaded AKA#10 to fanzines.  Bill Hamilton had knocked his pan out after yesterday's mart when he rushed home to dig the mag. out. Then scanned it and e-mailed it to me.  After all his hard work, I felt I should upload it ASAP.
An Alan Davis back cover, letters from weel kent faces, interesting articles make it a good read.  But then, I'm biased as I wrote some of it.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2012, 08:03:41 PM »

These great fanzines are one of the things that makes CB+ so much a plus
ip icon Logged

Yoc

message icon
« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2012, 11:31:43 PM »

Thanks very much Paw!
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #36 on: June 24, 2012, 04:33:33 PM »

15 issues of Aventuras del FBI.  Published in Spain by Editorial Rollan, Madrid.  Very tasty they are too.
Also a couple more issues of AKA. 
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #37 on: June 29, 2012, 07:08:07 PM »

Tit-Bits SF comics #1 - a rarity indeed.  Features art by Ron Turner - great spaceships and James Holdaway.
And Super Detective Library - Invaders from Space.  Art by a guy I'm always going on about, Bill Lacey.
So good to be able to share these here.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #38 on: June 29, 2012, 09:37:51 PM »

The name alone has increase it over the usual downloads
ip icon Logged

josemas

message icon
« Reply #39 on: June 30, 2012, 02:44:24 PM »

Some really lovely art in those, Paw.

Thanks

Joe
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #40 on: July 09, 2012, 03:30:00 PM »

I slowed down to a crawl on uploads because I got stuck with some conversions from pdf to jpeg and couldn't get the conversion to complete.  Had to give up on the those ones for a while till I figure it out.
I'll get there.
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #41 on: July 10, 2012, 07:08:42 PM »

Today, some issues of Cliper whch features the masked Mexican hero, El Coyote (not to be confused with the Italian Il Coyote) also in one of the issues, an El Encapuchado 4 pager and a Radar strip.  Plus some issues of a Spanish lilliput, El Gavilan, another masked western hero.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #42 on: July 10, 2012, 08:11:08 PM »

Since so much of the American odd stuff has already been here, I love this other stuff and you have become my favorite uploader Paw
ip icon Logged

Underwaterone

message icon
« Reply #43 on: July 10, 2012, 10:14:50 PM »

El Coyote - is fantastic. The draftsmanship and brush work are vigorous and exquisite. What fun stuff to discover.  I am gonna have to buck up on my Spanish again.
Thanks Paw.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #44 on: July 10, 2012, 11:12:22 PM »

Oh no, you may discover some underwater cover comics that you never knew of. You may end up driving yourself crazy trying to find originals  :o
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #45 on: July 15, 2012, 08:23:21 PM »

A couple of days ago, a selection of a Chilean anthology comic, El Peneca with a mix of prose, articles and text strips, some of which are nicely illustrated.  Tonight, a selection of Cuatro Capitanes and Piluchi which are Spanish landscape titles.  Still having some trouble with converting pdf's - it's just such slow going.  Found a lovely selection of Nelson Lee Libraries from W.W.1.  Need time but don't have it.  Great fun.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #46 on: July 16, 2012, 12:26:49 AM »

Man I can't keep up with ya paw
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #47 on: July 19, 2012, 12:36:38 PM »

2 Sexton Blake  issues from the pocket library series and if anyone fancies seeing Blake on film, try this :-
http://archive.org/details/Sexton_Blake_and_Hooded_Terror_1938
Schoolgirls' Own #66 from 1925 and Collins boys annual from mid '50's.
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #48 on: July 23, 2012, 04:49:44 PM »

A couple of days ago, umpteen issues of a terrific Spanish title, Platillos Volantes (Flying Saucers) and part of a western series, Mendoza Colt.  Today, at long last,  a Spanish superhero title I've been looking for for years, Aguilla Negra - issue #1 plus a collection of his stories with covers on the last page. Also, Aladino from Santiago de Chile with the Invisible Man and a text story of Super Condor.
Now if only I can track down, El Misterioso X, (big guy, cape, wings.)  Something that has eluded me for years.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #49 on: July 23, 2012, 09:09:25 PM »

I can't keep up with your goodies. You put on my favorite stuff right now Paw. I noticed Colt gets pretty good downloads. It seems that most of our visitors are more viewers than downloaders. Colt is more pages and seems to get more downloads.
ip icon Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 37

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.