in house dollar bill thumbnail
In-House Image
 Total: 42,782 books
 New: 214 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Rattling My Tin - The JVJ Postage Fund

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Rattling My Tin - The JVJ Postage Fund  (Read 4795 times)

MarkWarner

• Administrator
message icon
Rattling My Tin - The JVJ Postage Fund
« on: November 05, 2012, 08:08:34 AM »

Hi Everyone!

I guess you have all spotted the initials JVJ on a lot of our comic book titles. For those of you who don't know this indicates that they come from a massive archive of comics built up over the years by Jim.

To date he has loaned out 1700+ comics from his collection for scanning and sharing. Without his help this site would be a shadow of what it is today.

So, if you are enjoying these scans PLEASE consider donating to the JVJ Postage Fund. This fund as the name suggests exists purely to pay for the postage of comics  -  between Jim and the scanners.

You can donate to the Fund using Paypal https://www.paypal.com - account to credit is orders@bpib.com

It would be great, if members here could help top the fund up. Just a few bucks/pounds/euros each and that'll keep the fund ticking over for some time to come.

Regards,

Mark
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
Re: Rattling My Tin - The JVJ Postage Fund
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2012, 09:10:20 AM »

Love to help but I can't seem to figure out how to.  I sign into Yahoo and my mail comes up, not paypal.  what do I do now?
ip icon Logged

MarkWarner

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2012, 10:42:23 AM »

Stupid board made the email a link ... figured out how to stop it. I have now made Paypal a link (I personally don't click on links like that and choose to go directly myself). You do it through Paypal if you have an account. If not it is worthwhile getting one ...
ip icon Logged

Snard

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2012, 12:47:36 PM »

Stupid board made the email a link ... figured out how to stop it. I have now made Paypal a link (I personally don't click on links like that and choose to go directly myself). You do it through Paypal if you have an account. If not it is worthwhile getting one ...

On Paypal's website, there are instructions on how to make a "Donate" button that will allow people to make contributions to a particular account. However, it appears you have to be logged into the receiving account to create the button.

Perhaps JVJ could assist in creating the "Donate" button code, and it could be put somewhere on the site.
ip icon Logged

MarkWarner

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2012, 07:28:05 PM »

Hi Snard,

I thought of a donate button, but the general "business model" if you can call it that of this site is self-funding and I really don't want to add donate buttons even though none of the money is going to our site.

I was just hoping that as we never cadge for donations, people would put in the odd fiver or tenner until the fund was full enough to call it a day for 6 months or a year.

Basically even if just a few members put in $/
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
Thanks!
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2012, 03:16:49 AM »

Hi Mark,
Thanks very much for starting this topic here as well.  As you mention, it doesn't take much to make a big difference in the fund.  Between here, DCM and the DCM Facebook page I know Jim has gotten a few donations already.
And thanks especially for including a link.  I'll have to do the same on DCM.

-Yoc
ip icon Logged
Comic Book Plus In-House Image

MarkWarner

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2012, 11:27:40 AM »

Well if nothing else it made me put my hand in my pocket, something I have been meaning to do for ages.

I already feel a better person for it, the guilt has gone and there is a certain jauntiness in my step today

I thoroughly recommend doing it .. just a couple of clicks and it's all done. Quite painless.
ip icon Logged

Yoc

message icon
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2012, 03:13:47 PM »

ip icon Logged

MarkWarner

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2012, 12:47:08 PM »

A massive response means that there is enough money for about a years worth of postage.

It happened so quick and I was just getting my teeth stuck into it :( So at the moment the fund is back to a healthy state and the comic books will be zinging to and from the scanners! A big thanks to all the donators!
ip icon Logged

Bay575

message icon
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2012, 12:23:17 AM »

here's for next year then,
$5 and a topic bump ;)

thanks for all the funny books Mr.J
ip icon Logged

josemas

message icon
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2012, 12:59:28 AM »

Thanks Bay. 

It's folks like you that help keep the comics coming from our single best source of GA goodness- the fabulous JVJ.

Joe

ip icon Logged

tugolith

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: tugolith
message icon
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2012, 04:08:20 AM »

This is a worthy cause. I made a donation to keep the great comics coming. This is a terrific site!
ip icon Logged

josemas

message icon
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2012, 02:12:01 PM »

Thanks Tug,

All donations always welcome.

Best

Joe
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.