in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,782 books
 New: 214 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

United Features Syndicate

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: United Features Syndicate  (Read 2829 times)

mr_goldenage

• VIP
message icon
United Features Syndicate
« on: November 26, 2012, 07:46:36 PM »

I was wondering other than the owner/syndicated strips, the non syndicated stuff like Mirrorman or the Triple Terror and the like, are they postable to this site? Sparkman would be a delight to see here. is USF non syndicate or non "leased/licences" stories/characters allowed? Let us all know. Thanks.

Mr Goldenage.
ip icon Logged

josemas

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
Re: United Features Syndicate
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2012, 11:56:26 PM »

I know that some of the United Features comic books are PD which would make the original material in them PD as well.  The reason why we haven't messed much with them so far is because they are also packed with quite a bit of comic strip reprints, some of which are still under copyright.

Here is Jon's tutorial to determine if a comic book is PD or not.

http://digitalcomicmuseum.com/forum/index.php/topic,2452.0.html

Conceivably if a UF comic book is found to be PD then a heavily edited version of that comic, showcasing just the original material (the characters Mirror Man and the Triple Terrors that you mentioned are good examples), could be uploaded. 

If anyone wants to go to all this trouble then we would be willing to carry any such edited versions of PD United Feature comics.

Best

Joe
ip icon Logged

mr_goldenage

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2012, 01:32:33 AM »

I probably have one Sparkman story and perhaps a handful of Mirrorman and Triple Terror stories. Neither ran for very long "in costume". I wouldn't mind being a gathering place for scans and such. Perhaps we could create an archive for each of the characters or one for all of them. Anyone game? I will obviously contribute what I have. Let me know. Email me off-board if need be.

Richard Boucher
Mr Goldenage
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2012, 03:47:46 AM »

YES YES YES to all those especially Sparkman
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.