in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,782 books
 New: 213 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Comic Book Related Movie Links

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Comic Book Related Movie Links  (Read 27456 times)

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
Comic Book Related Movie Links
« on: December 21, 2012, 11:21:09 AM »

Characters from Batman to the Blackhawks were made into movies or movie serials. Many of these are public domain. Some are carried on Youtube or at Archive.org we will place links to the public domain works for your enjoyment.

ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
ip icon Logged

josemas

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
Re: Comic Book Related Movie Links
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2012, 12:16:57 PM »

thanks for the tips, Narf.

Joe
ip icon Logged

josemas

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2012, 12:26:41 PM »

Btw, here's a link to the City Beneath the Sea and the Secret Beneath the Sea serials on DVD.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/City-Secret-Beneath-Sea-Complete/dp/B005MJFUMC/ref=pd_sim_d_h__1

Best

Joe
ip icon Logged

mr_goldenage

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2012, 02:29:00 PM »

If you are looking for old movie serials here is a place where I bought most of mine, westerns mostly (which I do not buy) but they have a large selection, both batmans, both spiders, both green hornets, ect. lots of stuff. I bought every masked man they had. The masked marvel the black commando, copperhead and so on. Here is the link:

http://www.cometwesterns.com/

Richard
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2012, 07:41:21 PM »

ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2012, 07:49:02 PM »

Richard, you've probably found these already.  If not, click the links for Leopard of Lime Street and Billy the Cat.
https://comicbookplus.com/forum/index.php/topic,5673.0.html
ip icon Logged

mr_goldenage

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2012, 07:30:58 PM »

Thanks for the links Paw.

RB
ip icon Logged

fate man

message icon
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2013, 02:22:30 AM »

If you are looking for old movie serials here is a place where I bought most of mine, westerns mostly (which I do not buy) but they have a large selection, both batmans, both spiders, both green hornets, ect. lots of stuff. I bought every masked man they had. The masked marvel the black commando, copperhead and so on. Here is the link:

http://www.cometwesterns.com/

Richard

Yeah,thanks,richard,i checked it out.
I already have spy smasher,batman and robin,the green hornet strikes again,buck rogers,and both superman movie serials.
You truly are the man.
ip icon Logged

hasan459

message icon
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2018, 09:57:16 AM »

there has no japanies comic related movie
ip icon Logged

The Australian Panther

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2018, 01:16:06 PM »

hasan469,
If I understand correctly, you are stating that there have been no Japanese comic related movies?
I'm no expert, but that is not so. Maybe not movies of Western comic characters but definitely movies of Japanese comics (Manga). Some that come to mind immediately are 'Initial D' 'Appleseed'  and 'Astro Boy' all of which had high quality movies made from them. Then again there are Japanese properties that inspired comics, and yes, I am referring to Godzilla. (Transformers?)
Here is a long list of Japanese comic inspired movies.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_films_based_on_manga   
Cheers.
ip icon Logged

positronic1

message icon
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2019, 10:41:22 PM »

Admittedly, some may not even consider the animated films, and relatively few of the Japanese-produced live-action films get much notice outside of Japan.

Still, there's been a growing wave of American (or international) live-action films based on manga properties. From THE GUYVER, to DEATH NOTE, to GHOST IN THE SHELL, to the quite recent BATTLE ANGEL ALITA, and I would have thought those wouldn't have escaped people's notice. A live-action AKIRA is now in production, as well. The Spielberg-directed (based on an unfinished Stanley Kubrick production) film A.I. is virtually a live-action adaptation (uncredited) of Astro Boy, too.

There have been plenty of Japanese-made live-action, box-office bombs too, from DEVILMAN, to CAPTAIN HARLOCK, to GATCHAMAN. I kind of liked TETSUJIN 28 and CUTEY HONEY (at least the first half of it), though.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2019, 10:45:56 PM by positronic1 »
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.