in house dollar bill thumbnail
In-House Image
 Total: 42,782 books
 New: 214 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Professor H's Wayback Machine

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 30

topic icon Author Topic: Professor H's Wayback Machine  (Read 159035 times)

profh0011

• Global Moderator
message icon
Re: Professor H's Wayback Machine
« Reply #50 on: May 04, 2013, 06:38:57 PM »

I finally got the 2nd DAREDEVIL #7 restoration done. This was MUCH bigger (2,048 pixels wide), with MUCH sharper linework, and much better color which needed comparitively little color adjustment.  It just had a HELL of a lot of damage that required repair!!!

As happens so often with skin tones, especially with Sub-Mariner (for whatever reason), I had to copy the skin tones to a 2nd layer to adjust them separately, so as not to lose the color intensity when I cleaned up everything else.  In addition, I copied the skin tone HIGHLIGHT onto a 3rd layer, so i could adjust it much more carefully, and subtly.  Rather than making it "bright white", it left most of the dirt in, so the 3-tone skin tones would be a lot more subtle.

BEFORE
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-80xrRWOkcKk/UXhsSWHvXYI/AAAAAAAAKt0/Vw_OVgGqM88/s1600/DD+007_cc_BCS_HK++B700.jpg

AFTER
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-L4coz8e3JtA/UYVQ5SNgNbI/AAAAAAAAK3M/elj_-a6bkuI/s1600/DD+007_cc_BCS_HK.jpg

Bring these up in 2 separate browsers, zoom in, and click from one browser to another to see exactly what was involved in cleaning this mess up!
ip icon Logged

profh0011

• Global Moderator
message icon
« Reply #51 on: May 05, 2013, 04:26:15 PM »

BIBLE Stories,  1981

http://professorhswaybackmachine.blogspot.com/2013/04/bible-stories-1981.html

The latest version of the story of "Samuel" (the 6th time the BOYS' LIFE series had covered the material) continues into the stories of "Saul" and "David".

A number of these latest versions seem to cover their familiar ground in more detail than done in past installments.  Oddly, the August & September episodes seem to be variations of the SAME events, and do not seem (to me) to make sense to BOTH be included. Did Saul change his mind NOT to kill David, TWICE?
ip icon Logged

profh0011

• Global Moderator
message icon
« Reply #52 on: May 05, 2013, 10:17:24 PM »

TIM HOLT #24  /  Jul'51

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-h3x1u_p_yF8/UYbUMHlQdeI/AAAAAAAAK4Q/DwomlDAO5ao/s1600/TH+24_cc_CBP_HK.jpg

Yep, I just did a restoration of a cover that's 61-1/2 years old!

I'd just polished off BIBLE STORIES, 1951 (all Frank Bolle art) when I got the urge to look over my TIM HOLT blog page.  There's a number of those I really wanna do upgrades of, and lots more I haven't even tackled yet.  Just for the heck of it, I did a Google search, and the biggest images that came up for #24 and #25 were both at the Comic Book Plus site (formerly Golden Age Comics site).  I wound up downloading both entire books-- first time since the site upgrade, and whatta ya know? NO TECHNICAL PROBLEMS anymore!  Wow.

The image was "only" 1061 pixels wide, but that was a HUGE improvement over the previous one which was only 337 pixels wide!!  As usual, after clean-up, I created a 700 pixels wide version for posting.
ip icon Logged

profh0011

• Global Moderator
message icon
« Reply #53 on: May 07, 2013, 01:15:09 AM »

TIM HOLT #25  /  Sep'51
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-9TY_RYIKzqI/UYhTo7Xub7I/AAAAAAAAK5M/nPHSJR4Ug3E/s1600/TH+25_cc_HA_HK.jpg

The debut of The Black Phantom, the wild west's "answer" to Catwoman!

I originally had a miserably-small image at only 396 pixels (cleaned up from whatever was posted at the GCD-- bleh!).  I then found a much bigger image at the Comic Book Plus site, at 1,055 pixels... but it was a dirty, horrific mess. Just before I got started on it, I did another search, and lo and behold, found one at Heritage Auctions (they didn't have one when I looked there before!). This one clocked in at 1,619 pixels!!  We had a winnner.  Now "all" I had to do was seriously adjust the color (mostly using "levels"), clean up the left edge, and "fill in" a lot of detail at the bottom edge (the whole thing was seriously OFF-rotation before I started).
ip icon Logged

profh0011

• Global Moderator
message icon
« Reply #54 on: May 07, 2013, 03:48:13 AM »

TIM HOLT #27  /  Jan'52

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-wXhfl8wJF04/UYmzw556qCI/AAAAAAAAK6s/n1GIL8qRuWw/s1600/TH+27_cd_HA_HK.jpg

A FIRST for me!  In the last year-and-a-half, I've done quite a few re-coloring jobs on old comics interior pages, or brand-new coloring jobs on "rejected" covers.  But in this case, I was frustrated by not being able to find a decent-size and quality image of the published color.  I had one at 501 pixels that was a composite image assembled from a Mile High scan (for the top half) and a GCD scan (for the bottom half).  More recently, I found a 551 pixels scan at Comic Book Plus.  But while the figure of Redmask was sharper, the figure of The Strawman was fuzzier!

However, I did have an 851 pixel scan of the ORIGINAL INK ART from Heritage Auction.  Although it required quite a bit of clean-up, and some of the linework on Redmask was quite faded, I realized I'd stand a better chance of cleaning this up and then RE-COLORING the piece from scratch, basing the brand-new color on the original published color.  I started out by doing what I did with the scan of the inks for the rejected cover of X-MEN #10-- cranking the size UP to 2,000 pixels wide-- and then spent about an hour-and-a-half cleaning it up before moving on to the coloring.  The result, as I hoped, was MUCH sharper than the previous images, and almost impossible to tell from the "real thing".
« Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 02:30:48 AM by profh0011 »
ip icon Logged

profh0011

• Global Moderator
message icon
« Reply #55 on: May 10, 2013, 11:25:27 PM »

TIM HOLT #32  /  Nov'52

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-y38A9OnWFS0/UY2D6rJdiDI/AAAAAAAALBc/mowMtBC0iys/s1600/TH+32_cc_HA_HK.jpg

The entire left edge required reconstruction on this one.  Also, there was a lot of "glare", especially on the villain's jacket, due to this being photographed inside a plastic case.  (Don't you hate that sort of thing?)  MUCH better now!
« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 11:34:46 PM by profh0011 »
ip icon Logged

profh0011

• Global Moderator
message icon
« Reply #56 on: May 11, 2013, 10:06:04 PM »

TIM HOLT #1  /  1948
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-oPeZacJ3ri8/UY6uPoKptPI/AAAAAAAALIA/9bvAEYFg2wg/s1600/TH+01_cc_CBP_HK.jpg

This took a couple of hours.  Fairly "easy" for one of these, yet managed to be a HUGE upgrade from what I started with.

Now... can anyone identify the artist???

YES-- I did take this from the Comic Book Plus site!!!    :)
ip icon Logged

profh0011

• Global Moderator
message icon
« Reply #57 on: May 12, 2013, 11:23:59 AM »

Just got the following from Bill Black, the publisher of AC Comics whose reprints introduced me to so many western characters...

Frank Bolle drew every TIM HOLT and REDMASK (and BLACK PHANTOM) story at ME. Only exception were the couple Frazetta covers. He always signed his work except for TH NO. 1.

Sounds definitive to me!
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #58 on: May 12, 2013, 04:21:41 PM »

Yes it does. I would go with that.
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
« Reply #59 on: May 13, 2013, 09:20:42 PM »

Love the cover reworking you've done Professor!
:)
ip icon Logged

profh0011

• Global Moderator
message icon
« Reply #60 on: May 14, 2013, 12:40:03 AM »

BIBLE STORIES, 1982
http://professorhswaybackmachine.blogspot.com/2013/05/bible-stories-1982.html

The latest version of the story of "David" (the 6th time the BOYS' LIFE series had covered the material, and thus far apparently the most detailed) concludes.  The stories of "Solomon", "Rehoboam", "Jeroboam", and "Elijah" follow.
ip icon Logged

profh0011

• Global Moderator
message icon
« Reply #61 on: May 14, 2013, 06:36:48 PM »

BIBLE STORIES,  1983
http://professorhswaybackmachine.blogspot.com/2013/05/bible-stories-1983.html

The latest version of the story of "Elijah" (which was first covered in the BOYS' LIFE series back in 1955) wound up beng covered in far LESS detail this time than before.  "Elijah" was also covered in 1962 and, in the most detail to date, in 1971, where it took up 7 installments. As it concludes, it naturally leads into the story of "Elisha".

The stories of "Isaiah & King Hezekiah" and "King Josiah" follow.
ip icon Logged
Comic Book Plus In-House Image

profh0011

• Global Moderator
message icon
« Reply #62 on: May 16, 2013, 02:00:58 AM »

TIM HOLT #1  /  1948
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-PQFKUZVkV2s/UZQ7oI15h6I/AAAAAAAALM0/0QUr8CP-Iu8/s1600/TH+01_cc_HA_HK.jpg

I hate doing the same job twice, but... 4 days after doing this one (from a scan found at the Comic Book Plus site), I found a MUCH larger (and cleaner!!) image at Heritage Auction.  I don't know why or how it didn't turn up before...  Anyway, the previous one was 957 pixels wide; the new one is 2,050 pixels wide!!  (More than DOUBLE the previous version!!!)  The biggest difference one might see in this is, the dust clouds at the bottom are more blue (less purple-ish "dirt" on the left edge), and, the faces of the 2 cowboys, the linework is MUCH sharper.  I couldn't NOT redo this tonight!
ip icon Logged

profh0011

• Global Moderator
message icon
« Reply #63 on: May 16, 2013, 03:31:11 PM »

BIBLE STORIES,  1984
http://professorhswaybackmachine.blogspot.com/2013/05/bible-stories-1984.html

The story of "King Josiah" is followed by the most detailed retelling of the story of "Daniel" to date.  This was the 4th time the material was covered in the BOYS' LIFE series, having been previously touched on in 1956, 1962-1963 and 1972.

After this, we have a new version of the story of "Jonah", again, by far the most detailed to date.  This was the 3rd time the story had been covered, having been previously been done in Feb 1963 and Jan 1973.  Note that in each case, it was covered in a single episode, while this time, the same events take up 3 whole installments, with a further 2 covering what happened after Jonah actually reached the city of Ninevah.  One could say longtime BOYS' LIFE readers "only" had to wait 21 YEARS to read the outcome of this story!

Jonah strikes me as being a rather poor prophet.  Not only does he try to shirk his duty, putting other people's lives in danger as a result, but after he actually succeeds in the mission he was called to do, he resents the outcome!  (Nice guy.)

As twice before, the appearance of "Jonah" in the series signals that we're about to start over from the beginning-- AGAIN!  (Those stories that take place after Jonah's time-- including The Maccabees-- and even the life of JESUS-- don't seem to be very popular with the BOYS' LIFE Bible Stories series.)
ip icon Logged

profh0011

• Global Moderator
message icon
« Reply #64 on: May 17, 2013, 02:46:02 AM »

BIBLE STORIES,  1985
http://professorhswaybackmachine.blogspot.com/2013/05/bible-stories-1985.html

For the 7th time since the BIBLE STORIES began in BOYS' LIFE in 1952, the series "starts over" from THE BEGINNING.  What I find interesting about this version is that artist Frank Bolle has included dinosaurs as part of "The Creation".  Clearly, those were very, very long "days".  (And, it's obvious Bolle has no problem reconciling "evolution" as PART of "The Creation".)

Oddly enough, this time around, things jump straight from "The Garden Of Eden" to "Noah", skipping "Cain And Abel".  Similarly, "The Tower Of Babel" is also skipped this time, the series jumping straight into "Abraham". One thing I appreciate about this new version is the inclusion of a MAP detailing the actual journey of Abraham, his nephew Lot, and his father Terah (who has never been mentioned in any of these before).  It reminds me of all those maps of "The Hyborean World" that Roy Thomas liked to include with CONAN THE BARBARIAN.

Frank Bolle's signature appears more regularly this year, turning up (that I can see) in the February, March, April, May, July, October, November & December installments.
ip icon Logged

profh0011

• Global Moderator
message icon
« Reply #65 on: May 17, 2013, 06:29:41 PM »

"Pappy" just sent me the following...

"Henry, I notice Bolle used the Twentieth-Century American model for his pictures
of Adam and Eve. I wrote this a couple of years ago about a book, Bible Firsts,
that also used that look."

http://paranoiastrikesdeep.blogspot.com/2011/07/sanitized-bible.html

Check it out, it's hilarious!

I remember back in 1966 thinking that most TV or movie or "storybook" depictions of the past had a clean look about them...  and then my Mom took me to see THE BIBLE: IN THE BEGINNING.  Now this was something else!!  This did not look like anything I'd seen on TV, or in any Catholic School Catechism book.  This was as if someone had found a working time machine, and actually gone back to the dim, distant, SAVAGE, BRUTAL past, and filmed the thing on location, as it really happened!

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-lnXW_m3kQ3Q/UVkKQAb6erI/AAAAAAAAKUQ/ekOhsrpbiGw/s1600/1966++Bible++001D++A700.jpg

When I looked back on it decades later, I remember comparing it to CONAN THE BARBARIAN.  If I'm not mistaken, Dino DeLaurentis was involved with that film, too!

One of the most interesting parts of the film is the brief, 10-minute "Sodom And Gomorrah" sequence, right smack in the middle of the long, painful-to-watch, bordering-on-boring "Abraham" sequence (honestly, the movie with Richard Harris was so much better done than the episode with George C. Scott).  The way it's shot, you don't actually see anything... you have to fill in with your imagination.  But the ending, you'd swear it looks like an atom bomb went off.

I find this rather amusing, as just yesterday, I was thinking (and not for the first time) it might be (ahem) "fun" to do a "sci-fi" version of THE BIBLE.  I feel inspired by Lob & Picard's version of ULYSSES.

http://www.heavymetal.com/shm/product_info.php?products_id=4608
ip icon Logged

profh0011

• Global Moderator
message icon
« Reply #66 on: May 18, 2013, 02:39:23 AM »

TIM HOLT #34  /  Mar'53

All 4 edges needed fixing on this, especially the left edge, which was really ratty.  But overall, it only took a couple hours.  Not bad!

BEFORE
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-WpkD7NLyF38/UZZbDSy2KoI/AAAAAAAALQ8/kwdAl-2AEdA/s1600/TH+34_cc_HA_HK++B4.jpg

AFTER
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-X0MwBF2oidI/UZbmx_Dk3ZI/AAAAAAAALRM/A2eHJ1sc3pc/s1600/TH+34_cc_HA_HK.jpg
ip icon Logged

josemas

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
« Reply #67 on: May 18, 2013, 01:32:31 PM »

Frank Bolle also took over the Winnie Winkle comic strip from Joe Kubert about the same time as he was doing these Bible Stories strips in Boy's Life.   Some sources also have him already doing The Heart of Juliet Jones strip too.

Busy guy.

Best

Joe
ip icon Logged

profh0011

• Global Moderator
message icon
« Reply #68 on: May 18, 2013, 05:47:14 PM »

http://professorhswaybackmachine.blogspot.com/2013/05/bible-stories-1986.html

The story of "Abraham" concludes. This time around, we get details about Sarah's burial (it almost reads like a look into the cemetery business).  As before, this is followed by Abraham finding his son a wife, Rebecca.  I keep trying to figure out based on who was related to who if any incest was involved.  Next are the stories of "Isaac", "Jacob and Esau".  It's noted this time that Esau seemed to care little for his "birthrite", but I still don't think that excuses the behavior of either Jacob, or their mother, Rebecca.

"The House Of God" is unusual, as it's the first time they've told this story without the illustrations showing "Jacob's Ladder".  I had to re-read "Jacob Meets Rachel" twice before I figured out that-- yes-- he married his 1st cousin. Is it just me, or does it strike anyone else that in "Jacob's Descendants", Joseph is just ASKING for trouble when he tells all his brothers-- who he must know by then hate him-- his dream?  I notice in the last 3 episodes this year, Frank Bolle makes a point of showing Reuben as, first, not taking Joseph seriously, then, clearly exhibiting dismay at the rest of his brothers' actions.  (I guess he was out-numbered... and considering he was surrounded by 10 brothers, all with murder in their heart, he was probably wise not to do anything to get on their "list".)

In addition... in the previous version of this story, something added that was not brought up before was that Joseph's brothers did NOT sell hm to the Ishmaelites, but rather, while they were argueing about what to do, some Midianites came along, grabbed him, and THEY sold him to the Ishmaelites.  Then when the brothers went back to look in the hole, Joseph was gone.  I admit, I haven't read The Bible in depth, but this almost seems like a way "out", to show that, yes, while they wanted to kill him, or at least, sell him into slavery ("Let us do him no harm"-- ARE THEY KIDDING???), they didn't... because someone else came along and did it behind their backs.

However, this version has a new wrinkle. It says (and I quote), "Midianite merchants sold Joseph to the Ishmaelites".  But, later in the same installment, it also says, "Meanwhile The Midianites had sold Joseph in Egypt to Pontiphar, the Captain of the Guard in Pharaoh's Court."  Well, WAIT a minute! How could the Midianites do this, when they had already sold him to the Ishmaelites?  Is this a slip-up? Wasn't the writer paying attention to his own work?

And further...in 34 years of this series (so far), it's notable they have never once mentioned that Abraham had 2 sons, not 1.  Impatient, and apparently not trusting The Lord, his wife urged him to have a baby with her servant girl.  But after Ishmael was born, Sarah finally got pregnant with Isaac.  And to prevent conflict, Ishmael and his mother were tossed out into the desert to fend for themselves!  While it would be poetic justice to have Isaac's youngest grandson in the hands of his disenfranchised relatives, it doesn't seem like enough time has gone by for the story to be so casually referring to "an Ishmaelite caravan".  (Unless of course, it consisted of all the Ishmaelites there are in the entire world at that time.)

Finally, I'd like to know what was going on behind-the-scenes at this point.  Once again, the artist's signatures have vanished. I could only find Frank Bolle's signature ("FWB") on 2 episodes, the ones for January and May 1986.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 05:51:56 PM by profh0011 »
ip icon Logged

profh0011

• Global Moderator
message icon
« Reply #69 on: May 19, 2013, 04:08:53 PM »

TIM HOLT #35  /  May'53

The biggest image I could find was 972 pixels wide (at the Comic Book Plus site).  It was VERY dirty, and the left edge was a ragged mess.  But I've worked with worse before!

I wound up replacing the entire background with a series of subtle "blends", cleaned up most of the yellow areas, fixed the entire upper-left corner box, filled in the cliff area in the bottom-left (and bottom edge), and lightened up some of the greens, the dark blue, the dark red, and the skin tone on the girl's right arm.  Not bad!

BEFORE
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-2jwECNE35mk/UZj2BPLNOBI/AAAAAAAALTk/CtD_Q3UEhjA/s1600/TH+35_cc_CBP_HK++B4.jpg

AFTER
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-IIAtSpherk8/UZj2IITtbrI/AAAAAAAALTs/ukBd3ujTKMk/s1600/TH+35_cc_CBP_HK.jpg
ip icon Logged

profh0011

• Global Moderator
message icon
« Reply #70 on: May 21, 2013, 03:27:04 AM »

TIM HOLT #36  /  Jul'53

971 pixels wide from the Comic Book Plus site.  I had to do some very complex "fill-in" down the left and right edges, plus fix some creases along the bottom edge, and, replace the entire sky background with airbrush and some subtle "blends".  There was also some serious "glare" on the foreground figure which also required airbrush darkening up of the shadows.  Not bad!

BEFORE
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-MybtZyab-jo/UZrmgCWZtZI/AAAAAAAALUM/U01gPUsgq08/s1600/TH+36_cc_CBP_HK++B4.jpg

AFTER
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-byI4_GdKgH0/UZrmnc7r5XI/AAAAAAAALUU/CTG_TSTpWgE/s1600/TH+36_cc_CBP_HK.jpg

By the way, I found out that Holt pretty much retired from movies by 1952, which no doubt explains why the "RKO'S WESTERN STAR" banner disappeared from the 1953 issues of his comic-book.
ip icon Logged

profh0011

• Global Moderator
message icon
« Reply #71 on: May 22, 2013, 10:48:32 AM »

BIBLE STORIES, 1987
http://professorhswaybackmachine.blogspot.com/2013/05/bible-stories-1987.html

The latest retelling of the story of "Joseph" continues.  This time around, they skipped the reason Joseph wound up in an Egyptian prison (his master's wife had a thing for him, he turned her down, and she lied to her husband about him).

I find it interesting that while Reuben was the one who didn't want to kill Joseph earlier, it was Benjamin that their father Jacob wanted kept safe.  Meanwhile, I wonder, did any of them worry about Simeon, who was arrested and held captive-- possibly for MONTHS-- while, back home, they ate all they had bought? (Maybe Jacob didn't care that much about Simeon?)  What a family.

Once again, the story of "Joseph" leads into the story of "Moses". This marked the 7th time the BOYS' LIFE series would cover this material.

Frank Bolle's only signature appears 3 times this year-- February, March & September.
ip icon Logged

profh0011

• Global Moderator
message icon
« Reply #72 on: May 22, 2013, 08:26:57 PM »

TIM HOLT #37  /  Sep'53

958 pixels wide from the Comic Book Plus site.  This was REALLY dark before I applied "levels".  Afterward, it was still REALLY dirty.  I had to airbrush the entire yellow background!  In addition, as you can see, the entire left edge was really ratty, and the bottom edge was also quite a mess.  A combination of airbrush and "copy-and-paste-into" put that right. I also cleaned up the logo area, part of Redmask's costume, and a simple application of "contrast" brought up Frank Bolle's signature a lot better.  This took about 3-4 hours. MUCH better now!

BEFORE
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-yg72GD9K1NA/UZz0DlSD9gI/AAAAAAAALWY/1kKN1CJ-88Q/s1600/TH+37_cc_CBP_HK++B4.jpg

AFTER
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-XubjAF9SIL4/UZ0nrLlf2lI/AAAAAAAALWw/W9xRHJ5EuGQ/s1600/TH+37_cc_CBP_HK.jpg

I love how the villain is obviously just a normal human wearing a "man from space" costume to scare folks.  This is maybe a DECADE before Marvel's breed of western heroes faced the same kind of thing!
ip icon Logged

profh0011

• Global Moderator
message icon
« Reply #73 on: May 25, 2013, 05:29:20 PM »

BIBLE STORIES, 1988
http://professorhswaybackmachine.blogspot.com/2013/05/bible-stories-1988.html

The latest retelling of the story of "Moses" continues.  This marked the 7th time the BOYS' LIFE series would cover this material.

I may be imagining things, but it seems to me Frank Bolle was putting more line detail into the strips this year.  Sadly, I couldn't find one Frank Bolle signature this entire year.  What is wrong with editors?

After nearly 10 years (assuming he started with the April 1979 episode), Frank Bolle finally tackles some of the most dramatic sequences in the entire Bible-- The Burning Bush, Passover, The Red Sea, and, of course, THE TEN COMMANDMENTS.  Every time I look over them lately, I'm reminded that there's still important ideas in there that are being far too sorely neglected by too many in our society TODAY.  Especially those in charge, or who think they are.   

"Honor your mother and father."  "You shall not murder."  "You shall not steal."  "You shall not give false witness against your neighbor."  And the real kicker-- "You shall not covet your neighbor's house nor anything that belongs to him."

Any society that thinks it can live without these concepts is bound to COLLAPSE under its own corruption.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #74 on: May 25, 2013, 05:47:30 PM »

Too true
ip icon Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 30

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.