in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,782 books
 New: 213 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

problems downloading on nexus 7

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: problems downloading on nexus 7  (Read 4857 times)

andreasn

message icon
problems downloading on nexus 7
« on: November 20, 2013, 05:33:03 PM »

I can't download anything from this site on my nexus 7, it just says download unsuccessful in my notification bar. I can download everything just fine on my computer.
ip icon Logged

andreasn

message icon
Re: problems downloading on nexus 7
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2013, 01:31:47 PM »

never mind, I fixed it by using the Firefox browser.
ip icon Logged

Choronzon

message icon
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2014, 09:55:35 PM »

Same here on my fonepad 7 - the god-awful slow Firefox is the only Android browser that can actually download stuff from this site. Obviously there's something with this website not being able to 'cope' with anything other than desktop downloads.

ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2014, 12:01:06 AM »

Now gents, that's not quite correct and I think you will find that Opera works well, and quickly, on CB+.  I can share this with you as that is what I use on my Samsung tablet
Give it a try and get back to us.
ip icon Logged

giggle-ite

message icon
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2014, 01:53:41 AM »

Yes Andreasn, I had the same problem using Chrome, but was encouraged by another here to try Opera, which I also have, and it works just great! Use Cdisplayex download.
ip icon Logged

Choronzon

message icon
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2014, 05:17:51 AM »

Asus Fonepad 7 - stock browser, Puffin, Chrome, Angel, Baidu, Boat....NONE DOWNLOAD PROPERLY.  Files are downloaded, but only 78kb for each file. Clearly there's a problem with this site!  I suggest you pull your finger out and do something about it. It's damn crass to suggest that we use Opera - I don't want to install Opera merely to download the occasional comic. Find the cause of this idiotic and absurd issue... and fix it.

Meanwhile, I simply pop over to DCM and download stuff there.

ps UC Browser doesn't download either... so that's seven browsers and counting.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2014, 06:04:21 AM by Choronzon »
ip icon Logged

MarkWarner

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2014, 06:10:03 AM »

O dear you do seem to be having problems ... Well I have found a simple solution I have banned you.
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2014, 09:09:36 AM »

Well done Mark.  Sometimes trying to help, politely, just is not appreciated.  Everyone is out of step but him, it seems.
ip icon Logged

MarkWarner

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2014, 10:54:33 AM »

Well we can't be having rudeness ... it's just not nice
ip icon Logged

Small comic website owner

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: Small comic website owner
message icon
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2014, 08:10:05 PM »

So you ban choronzon (not only from the forum, but effectively from the whole site) for drawing attention (as others have done) to your faulty downloads? 

Hardly rudeness, old chap... either you lead an incredibly sheltered life, or you
ip icon Logged

MarkWarner

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2014, 08:33:23 PM »

Actually I have banned you as well ... and do you want to know why?

Well I made a mistake and forgot to check the IP address on my list ... 82.132.216.162
basically it is you again JASON!

Whoops sorry let your name slip there...  first three letters of your surname are "Pot" first three letters of your site are "lor".

O also see you like to listen to cricket!

So please
1) Go away
2) Learn some manners
3) Grow up
4) Don't be so naive

OR I PROMISE I WILL SHAME YOU FURTHER!

Best regards and bye,

Mark
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2014, 08:44:15 PM »

Mark and anyone else concerned about these recent posts, I was writing while you were banning. I thought, "oh, that'll do it", but on consideration, I'd like to post what I wrote in response to the insult I received.
Feel free to remove my comments, it just gets it off my chest.

Never been called a sycophant .  Not sure why agreeing that rudeness and insulting language qualifies for that appellation.   It's odd that there seem to be a couple of people who are the only ones in step.  This site is run by volunteers. There is a lot of talent here, and then the rest of us who just give our time for the hobby. Even if you are having problems downloading with an android device, as I had prior to working out the best way to do it, it's no cause to use insulting language.  I realise your time is valuable but till you sort out, what appears to be, a problem your end, why not download to your p.c. and transfer.  I and many others do it all the time. In fact, if your device is as full as mine you're going to have to take stuff off to replace with new reading material anyway, or change to another micro s.d.
Next, please do not insult me again.
Does the "Small" refer to you or your website? Are you a stand-up?  Just curious.
You will note that exchanges, on my part, can be conducted in a reasonably civilised manner. That's the way I'd like to keep it.

Most annoying as I'm trying to watch, again, one of Richards Turkish Phantom films.  I know, no taste. Sad isn't it.
ip icon Logged

MarkWarner

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2014, 09:19:13 PM »

Well exactly ... just not a nice way to behave ... and also a world first for me being accused of having a sycophant ... I wish ... :)
O BTW he's a Brit

I have been thinking Jason will probably come back a few times. Looks he's an attention seeker. so i just propose deleting ANY future posts and not bothering to reply to any of them and we just concentrate on um ... well what ever we were concentrating on before ...lol
ip icon Logged

giggle-ite

message icon
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2014, 09:58:33 PM »

Thank you MarkWarner and paw broon for handling that matter so professional and clear. Anyone reading your discussions with this set of 'twins' can see who is on the 'good' side.
  Honorably handled; and thanks for saving people from wasting anymore of their time with this fella.
  (Still, though, what's wrong with Opera? It's a great browser!)
ip icon Logged

mr_goldenage

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2014, 07:38:33 PM »

"Most annoying as I'm trying to watch, again, one of Richards Turkish Phantom films.  I know, no taste. Sad isn't it."

Really now.....No taste? Well a matter of opinion. They are um so bad they are good? Or.....no bad taste left in your mouth. No? Well come on then, at least they are fun to watch you have to admit! I'm just ribbing you, you do know that right? Hey....I could have sent 30 hours of Mexican Super Hero Masked Wrestling movies you know.......hehehehe

RB @ Work...sad isn't it?
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.