in house dollar bill thumbnail
In-House Image
 Total: 42,782 books
 New: 214 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Creating a digital comic? Disregard!

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Creating a digital comic? Disregard!  (Read 2441 times)

captblitzdawg

message icon
Creating a digital comic? Disregard!
« on: January 28, 2014, 06:13:21 PM »

I should learn to read through all the posts- especially the ones at the top, before asking questions. sorry. If i get stuck after reading those posts, THEN I'll ask, "I am a total technology moron, so how would I go about turning an original comic story into a cbr or pdf book that others could download? "
« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 06:17:06 PM by captblitzdawg »
ip icon Logged

jimmm kelly

• VIP
message icon
Re: Creating a digital comic? Disregard!
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2014, 06:43:43 PM »

Most of us here are technology morons. It's often a case of the blind leading the blind.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2014, 12:44:48 AM »

If you know how to make a zip file you can make a comic file. Make a zip file of the scans you have. Change the file extension from .zip to .cbz and it is done. If you do not know how to change the extension upload the zip and Mark will take care of it here.
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2014, 03:00:37 PM »

Exactly as narfstar says.  And to create a zip file I use a programme called 7zip.  It's free and it works.
Technology morons is right.  When I started trying to do all this stuff, folk were very kind and tried to explain how to do things.  As I'm a very slow learner, I don't know how they had the patience!
ip icon Logged

captblitzdawg

message icon
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2014, 05:03:55 PM »

Thanks, everyone. I am going to give it the old college try sometime next week, and hopefully have one of my old "self-made" comics ready to post as a trial run.
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.