in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,782 books
 New: 214 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

KIRBY LAND

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: KIRBY LAND  (Read 2191 times)

profh0011

• Global Moderator
message icon
KIRBY LAND
« on: February 28, 2014, 06:22:32 PM »

I finally took the advice someone gave me 6 months ago, and started my own Jack Kirby Facebook group.

I kinda had to.  This one TOTAL F****** A**H*** named Mark Gordon, a full-time sociopath and one of the 2 reasons I stopped contributiing to the GCD site 5 years ago, managed to fool one of the moderators at The Jack Kirby Fan Page group into making him a moderator. Within minutes, he kicked off the other moderators, kicked ME out of the group, made it a "private" group, began being rude, obnoxious & insulting to a large number of the members, and started kicking out anyone who disagreed with him.

A few people are looking into contacting Facebook to report the problem.

ANYWAY... at least 3 new Kirby groups have sprung up in the wake.  Glenn Fleming & John Bray have JACK KIRBY -- THE KING OF COMICS, their attempt to recreate the old group, only with ZERO tolerance for the kind of trouble-makers who'd been causing chaos there for months on end, while I started up KIRBY LAND, a Facebook version of my old Yahoo group.  Glenn & John's group is the "general", chaotic but fun group, while I'm posting my LONG-WINDED reviews at mine, as well as anything else I care to... just like I used to all the years I was in KLORDNY (LSH a.p.a.)

Join the fun!!

JACK KIRBY - THE KING OF COMICS
https://www.facebook.com/groups/598163730252745/

KIRBY LAND
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1420447508202699/

A friendly warning: anything excessively pro-Stan Lee (including photos of him) are not welcome and will not be tolerated.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 06:25:30 PM by profh0011 »
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
Re: KIRBY LAND
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2014, 08:00:14 PM »

Well, you see, I can't get access to your or the other guys group because I'm not on Facebook, nor do I want to be at the moment.  So you are censoring who can have a look.  I know from other correspondence on CB+ that the immediate answer will be, join up!  But many of us just don't trust Facebook, or are wary about our privacy.
Anyway, I'm not your ideal member for a Kirby site as, along with many others, I just don't get the hype.  Not to say I haven't enjoyed many of his comics over the years, I have and still do.  It's just this "King" thing.  Also, I follow other creators, whose art I prefer to look at.
Apart from that, congratulations on starting up a new appreciation group and I hope all goes well.
ip icon Logged

profh0011

• Global Moderator
message icon
Re: KIRBY LAND
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2014, 09:49:58 PM »

I guess it would have been the same with Yahoo Groups 6 months ago-- before Yahoo totally screwed over their entire Groups formatting.  I don't even go to my own groups there anymore!

I currently flip between 3 related groups.  I trend to view it as a health club, with the main group being the gymnasium,. my group being the swimming pool, and the 3rd group (the private one) being the bar.

Quite a lot of the conversation in the other 2 groups since Tuesday night, as you might imagine, involve bad-mouthing the ONE guy who caused the situation in the first place.  One guy has managed to remain a member of the original group, under "stealth", and has been posting screen-captures of some of the recent posts there, which are hilarious.  NOBODY is posting, except the moderator-- and he can't seem to understand why.  It's like he's having a complete mental breakdown onscreen.
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.