in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,782 books
 New: 213 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Hi people

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Hi people  (Read 1597 times)

Isaura Luiza Paramysio

message icon
Hi people
« on: April 18, 2014, 08:03:12 PM »

Hello guys,
I'm Thiago - O Rato (The Rat), from Brazil.
I don't write in english very well. Pardon my poor english.
I'm happy to find here, because is possible to i have access to interesting materials that are part of the History of Comics, and has very interesting characters in gold and silver age for i see.
Besides having a great reason to learn English here.

Thanks.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
Re: Hi people
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2014, 02:32:41 AM »

Enjoy all the fun and learning
ip icon Logged

Isaura Luiza Paramysio

message icon
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2014, 05:53:49 AM »

Thanks.
ip icon Logged

73042helloworld

message icon
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2014, 07:04:21 AM »

Hi,
Welcome.  I don't reply much because my fingers have arthritis and I make a lot of mistakes and have to correct them which takes a lot more time than it used to.  Since you are from Brazil, I would love to see posts of the EBALseries EDICAO MARAVILHOSA (the ones that adapted stories by Brazilian authors like Jose de Alancar (spelling may be wrong).  Other in the series may were reprints of CLASSICS ILLUSTRATED, MONDIAL AVENTURES, A CLASSIC IN PICTURES, FAMOUS AUTHORS ILLUSTRATED, and other books from around the world.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2014, 08:59:19 AM »

We would love to have more books from Brazil. We can not house the Classic Illustrated reprints as they are not Public Domain. The others would have to be public domain and we would love to have more of those that are public domain
ip icon Logged

Isaura Luiza Paramysio

message icon
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2014, 02:46:36 PM »

About brazilian Public Domain comics.

It's very hard to know what 's in public domain or not.
Material with more than 70 years very difficult to find.
Have material that is in a gray area, because the owners went bankrupt and comic artitst died or missed. So magazines like Publisher Graphipar, and Vecchi Edrel can even find the scans easily, but I fear make upload for fear of hurting the public domain law.

ip icon Logged

mr_goldenage

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2014, 07:24:03 PM »

Hi, well if you cannot host them here I'd be interested in seeing if something could be worked out for Brazilian comics with some sort of an arrangement that would benefit both of us. Let me know.

Richard
AKA
MR_Goldenage
ip icon Logged

Isaura Luiza Paramysio

message icon
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2014, 02:38:24 PM »

Mr. Goldenage, i send a personal message for you.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2014, 02:34:02 AM »

I have some Portuguese Flash Gordon and Jerry Lewis comics.
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.