in house dollar bill thumbnail
In-House Image
 Total: 42,782 books
 New: 214 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

The American Eagle

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: The American Eagle  (Read 1864 times)

jarrodmon

message icon
The American Eagle
« on: July 02, 2014, 05:34:01 AM »

My newest short story is The Return of the American Eagle!

From approximately Wednesday 3:00 am Eastern time through Sunday it will be a free download. It is intended to be in the same spirit of the World War II adventures the character had in America's Best Comics and others. I really hope the folks at my new favorite website enjoy. Many other Golden Age heroes are name checked in the story. Below is the link:

http://www.amazon.com/Return-American-Eagle-J-Cline-ebook/dp/B00LFHMOLU/ref=zg_bs_8624172011_72
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
Re: The American Eagle
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2014, 09:13:23 PM »

Thank you very much. I now have it on my phone to read. I will start it when I finish the book I am reading now. Second book I have read by Lisa Harris and a sequel very good
ip icon Logged

jarrodmon

message icon
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2014, 05:09:43 AM »

Thank you! I hope to update some of the other Golden Age heroes that time seems to have forgotten. If it gets some folks interested in looking up the characters, then they can enjoy these classic stories as well.
ip icon Logged

mr_goldenage

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2014, 07:46:14 AM »

Nice......went Amazon and looked @ the sample.....Once the kindle/Ipad thingie comes home from Texas with my wife I think I will get it. Just a few thoughts.....Love the Nedor charcters.....Do we find out what happened to Eaglet? I know................read....really ....some die? sigh....No golden age chaacter should ever "die" let alone morph into something unrecognizable just to be up-to-date. Sorry just my 2 cents. Like them or not at least Dynamite made the majority of their G.A. superpowers immune to death to a degree. Good move I say....again just my 2 cents....

RB @ Home
ip icon Logged

jarrodmon

message icon
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2014, 08:28:06 AM »

Thanks for the comments, I appreciate the input.

The ones who 'passed away' from age just died because it is 70 years later, but they aren't anyone we know. They would be what Monty Python would call "Sir Not Appearing In The Comic Books.'

Eaglet is still around. And the other characters are only 'assumed' dead by the other characters. I don't doubt that some of those thought dead will turn up later. The way the story is written, no one really knows for certain. They are just 'gone.'

The plan is to resurrect another for Veterans Day and another for Christmas. I am working on other things, but this is a series of revivals that will continue.

To be honest, it is all leading up to a big Nedor team up, probably for next July 4th. Even if just to entertain myself and a few others. I'd like to think if someone was looking them up 20 years from now, they would see that their stories didn't end long ago. Next up is probably The Black Terror or Fighting Yank.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 08:46:19 AM by jarrodmon »
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2014, 11:53:42 AM »

I just finished the story and it was a lot of fun. It could use an editor/proof reader but what the heck. It looks like the following stories will give more info on the other heroes. That part I did not care for what happened and how it was all done. I would suggest that you compile stories before offering them for sale. The page count for a buck is not a good deal or comparable to the work of best selling authors. Digital has lowered the price considerably. I did enjoy it overall and it had some nice touches and GA feel and fun.
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.