in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,782 books
 New: 213 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

The Rocket - 1950's British comic

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: The Rocket - 1950's British comic  (Read 1996 times)

senlac

message icon
The Rocket - 1950's British comic
« on: August 10, 2014, 11:36:59 AM »

Does any one remember this? It was a glossy publication, very well produced, with serial stories as well as picture strips (nearly all in colour).  It came out a year or two after The Eagle appeared and had an all too brief a life. I bought both comics and was throughly miffed when it failed and was taken over by either The Lion or Tiger. I think that Douglas Bader either edited it or wrote for it.
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
Re: The Rocket - 1950's British comic
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2014, 02:37:05 PM »

You're bang on.  It ran from Apr. '56 - Nov. '56 and was published by The News of The World.  Bader was credited as editor, although his name might have been used because of his popularity as a hero. 
We can't host it on CB+ because of the non pd strips in it.
I'm sending you a pm with a couple of questions.
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.