in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,782 books
 New: 214 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Greetings from New Zealand

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Greetings from New Zealand  (Read 1333 times)

worldofmouth

message icon
Greetings from New Zealand
« on: March 29, 2015, 02:21:34 AM »

Well, this is exciting. My name is Glen, currently living in Christchurch New Zealand. You may recall 4 years ago, our city was hit by a huge earthquake which resulted in 80% of the central buildings being destroyed or subsequently demolished. I must say, experiencing over 10,000 main/aftershocks jangles the nerves somewhat, so finding this site has been a boon. I love particularly the UK comics section, having been born in the UK nearly 58 years ago, very nostalgic indeed. Thanks guys!  :)
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
Re: Greetings from New Zealand
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2015, 09:15:46 PM »

Welcome glad you survived the earthquake. Did you suffer much loss. I am 58 years old and also love comics. enjoy
ip icon Logged

extraskater

message icon
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2015, 08:15:53 PM »

Kia ora, Glen!
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2015, 08:41:23 AM »

Hello Glen.  Welcome to CB+.  Glad we can help soothe your jangled nerves with some good comics to read. 
extraskater says kia ora and you might remember an orange drink we used to see advertised in the pictures in the UK called Kia Ora.
ip icon Logged

worldofmouth

message icon
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2015, 03:49:57 AM »

How nice to get such friendly comments - thank you.

No, I didn't suffer much personal loss during the shakes, thankfully, but the experience was a catalyst for a change of career, moving from managing hotels to doing care work looking after people who suffered extreme stress through loss of houses and in many cases the very sad loss of family members.

Yes... I certainly do remember Kia-ora - the orange juice drink that was served up to us UK kiddies in the 1960s at Saturday cinema sessions (Roy Rogers, Robin Hood, Lassie etc. etc.)

Wow, maybe that subliminal advertising affected my choice of travels outside the UK? Hmmm... not sure though what made me decide to manage an insurance company in Botswana for 6 years? Maybe I will find the answer in one of the many splendid comics you have here.

Anyway, a great site, well run and full of friendly people.

Kudos!

Glen   :D
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.