in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,782 books
 New: 213 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Site Is being resistant

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Site Is being resistant  (Read 3692 times)

SD

message icon
Site Is being resistant
« on: May 01, 2015, 03:45:44 AM »

Greetings. I am signing in, using my user name and password, and then after signing in am seeing that the site tells me "in order to download you must register or sign in" even though I have just done so.
Obviously I am signed in NOW as I am posting this but when I go to the book postings I get the prompt telling me I need to sign in, WHICH I HAVE ALREADY DONE.
Any clue as to what's wrong with this picture?
Thanks in advance...
ip icon Logged

MarkWarner

• Administrator
message icon
Re: Site Is being resistant
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2015, 05:34:05 AM »

I guess a cookies problem.

Try this and PLEASE report back! https://comicbookplus.com/forum/index.php/topic,7508.0.html
ip icon Logged

SD

message icon
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2015, 01:03:19 AM »

Thanks for the rapid reply... link brought up a startlingly exact duplicate of the site, with the exact same results as reported previously. No change. I'm using Firefox, by the way, and up until a week or so ago had no troubles with the site whatsoever.
ip icon Logged

SD

message icon
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2015, 01:12:15 AM »

And by the way, in response to your comment I completely purged my cache, with no change in this condition.
Deep sigh.
ip icon Logged

SuperScrounge

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2015, 05:53:48 AM »

I'm seeing the same message and signing in only signs me in for the forum.

Although years ago when I signed up for either this site or the DCM I discovered that the comic site & the forum had different logins, so you could be signed in for one, but not the other. If it was CB+ that had that situation, maybe that's the fault?
ip icon Logged

MarkWarner

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2015, 06:57:59 AM »

Did you press the delete cookies buttons on this https://comicbookplus.com/diagnostics/ and then have to sign back on again?

This really should work and tinkerer that I am I haven't touched the log on section for ages!
ip icon Logged

SuperScrounge

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2015, 11:48:58 PM »

Yeah, that worked.
ip icon Logged

SD

message icon
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2015, 07:35:36 PM »

Wow, worked like a charm. Now it remains to be seen if I'll need to do that again every time I log on. (And why didn't I have to do it before? Or were all those cookies finally spilling out of the overflowing cookie jar?)
Thanks for your insight, and of course for your wonderful site.
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.