in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,878 books
 New: 99 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Anyone having a problem accessing the site? Database Error?

Pages: 1 [2]

topic icon Author Topic: Anyone having a problem accessing the site? Database Error?  (Read 8218 times)

bbbrown

• VIP
message icon
Re: Anyone having a problem accessing the site? Database Error?
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2010, 08:35:07 PM »

Sorry to hear about the ankle, been there, done that.  Though for me steps are a challenge and a danger anytime
ip icon Logged

JVJ

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2010, 08:47:54 PM »

Sorry to hear about the ankle, been there, done that.  Though for me steps are a challenge and a danger anytime

Been there, too, bb, FOUR times so far and I really am trying to avoid a fifth surgery. Theoretically, the torn tendon can heal itself if I immobilize it for ten weeks. Sigh... Fortunately, the "cast" is actually a removable boot. It gives me the ability to bathe the foot and leg.

I don't mind stairs, usually. But unless there's a compelling reason to attempt them, I'm just going to postpone anything to do with comics unless I can talk Karen or one of my nephews into bringing the books down for me. I'm very seriously considering going to Paris for six weeks with the cast. Maybe I'm being foolhardy, but we've already got the tickets and I really wanna. Next weekend is WonderCon and it'll be a test of feasibility and stamina. We'll see...

Peace, Jim (|:{>
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2010, 02:54:09 PM »

I can't get on to the download side at all. Haven't been able to get on for a while now. Get the error message. Now I'm seeing a critical error message.  Thank goodness there are lots of people on here to chat with.  Thought somebody ought to know.
Got all the Tower superhero titles but not Undersea Agent.  Told you I don't like swimmy guys. A friend completed all the Towers about a year ago. Have all the MF issues except Brewster.  JVJ, you may know a hell of a lot more than I on the great comic book creators but I bought (or was bought, by my granny) my first comics in '55 or '56 and thereafter regularly used any pocket money I had to buy Marvelman or Ace Hart comics. You can't go wrong with that.
ip icon Logged

Astaldo711

message icon
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2010, 03:11:23 PM »

We all know about the site, paw. It's being worked on and as soon as it's working again we'll let everyone know.
ip icon Logged

JVJ

message icon
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2010, 06:18:39 PM »

JVJ, you may know a hell of a lot more than I on the great comic book creators but I bought (or was bought, by my granny) my first comics in '55 or '56 and thereafter regularly used any pocket money I had to buy Marvelman or Ace Hart comics. You can't go wrong with that.

I've never made a secret of my "late blooming", Paw. I did READ some comics as a kid. In 1955 or 56 I used to visit David Butler (my younger sister, Nancy's, "boyfriend") who had a stash of comics in his basement. There I read with relish Brothers of the Spear (in the back of Tarzan), Little Lulu, Mary Jane and Sniffles, and Uncle Scrooge. David had great taste - or my selection of a sub-set of his collection was tasteful - I'll never know.

But I never BOUGHT a comic book until 1966 - Spider-Man #33 to be exact.

Peace, Jim (|:{>
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2010, 09:54:39 AM »

Just for the time it took me to reply, I felt wee bit of satisfaction.  I need all the self bolstering I can generate faced with the great big wall of knowledge and experience as demonstrated by some of you guys.
A propos of not much, a lot of my really early exposure to comics (British ones that is) was at the barbers with my dad when he went for a haircut.  There was always a box with Beanos, Dandies and a few others.  So, I owe a huge debt to our barber for inadvertently helping me discover the wonders of D.C. Thomson, especially the work of Dudley D. Watkins and not only his funny strips (try to find his version of Kidnapped - a type of text strip - it's quite, quite excellent).  He is so important in British comics history and I wish he was better known in foreign countries.  This is why it's difficult for me to stay focussed all the time on American creators when there are or were so many non-American  class acts. But that is the nature of this site, I suppose, so you'll have to excuse my forays into stuff you know little about.
Keep it up, Jim.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2010, 02:34:59 PM »

It is more the nature of the British copyright than the nature of the site Paw. If someone is willing to search out life+ for various creators we would love to have more UK comics here.
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2010, 04:16:45 PM »

It's not a complaint, more of a wistful what if. A kind of, awww, wouldn't that be good. Not sure if I could take on that amount of work, though.
ip icon Logged

markpoe

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: markpoe
message icon
« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2010, 05:22:48 PM »

Here's the latest error message I've gotten just today:

mySQL query error: SELECT g.ID_GROUP, g.groupName,
                                                                                u.ID_MEMBER,u.memberName,u.ID_GROUP,u.ID_POST_GROUP,
                                                                                u.passwd, u.emailAddress
                                                               FROM `smf_members` u
                                                               LEFT JOIN `smf_membergroups` g ON (g.ID_GROUP=u.ID_GROUP)
                                                               WHERE u.memberName='markpoe'

mySQL error: Table 'talkinj1_download1.smf_members' doesn't exist

Proof of donation:

Date: Monday 29th 2010f March 2010 10:07:00 AM

ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2010, 02:15:26 AM »

Current donation link is at the bottom of my posts and Astaldo's. Janus is not asking for any specifically now you may wait until site is functional
ip icon Logged
Pages: 1 [2]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.