in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,879 books
 New: 98 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Can Anyone List Title Characters & Story Titles of These 2 1940s ACG Books?

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Can Anyone List Title Characters & Story Titles of These 2 1940s ACG Books?  (Read 447 times)

Robb_K

• VIP

I have been waiting to see complete copies of two ACG/Creston-produced 1940s funny animal comic books that still have not been scanned and uploaded on CB+ or DCM:  the 1945 ACG-produced, La Salle Publishing issued, "Funnybone Comics #1" 130 page Giant comic:

and Canada's Rotary Litho 1st issue of that country's 1947-48 "Merry-Go-Round" bi-monthly series:

Ideally, it would be nice if CB+ could receive scans of both these books, so ACG's funny animal books can be very close to completed.  But, if people owning these books are not willing to scan them for us, it would still help us to know what stories they contain, because most, if not all may have been reprinted, and in the case of the Canadian issue, may have been originally printed in a former book and/or reprinted in Giggle or Ha Ha Comics.  I have access to from 40 to 50% of the pages both books in the form of scans from book sales advertising, comic book blog websites, and story reprints or original printings reprinted in "Merry-Go-Round".  If I learn which stories are missing, I can, through research using GCD, and searching through the complete CB+ Giggle, Ha Ha, Funny Films, and all ACG Giant funny animal issues., fill in enough of the stories in those books, to upload "placeholder scanned versions" containing reprinted stories, to this website, for informational purposes, so they can be enjoyed by members and visitors until we can get the intact, original books uploaded.  And, in addition, we can get these 2 books indexed on GCD.

Thanks for any help.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2021, 07:18:23 AM by Robb_K »
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.