in house dollar bill thumbnail
In-House Image
 Total: 42,823 books
 New: 183 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Re: Space Detective 1

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Re: Space Detective 1  (Read 95 times)

Andrew999

message icon
Re: Space Detective 1
« on: February 29, 2020, 08:00:02 PM »

Thanks to Swan Maiden for bringing this to my attention. Great name for a super hero, by the way, Swan Maiden – perhaps with a twin called Snow Maiden – and as the series unfolds, other members of the flock could be introduced – Show Maiden, Dusk Maiden, Glow Maiden, Beau Maiden (a trans character for inclusivity), Bow Maiden, Sew Maiden (a fairly limited superpower, that one). Some scripts are already racing through my head…..

Space Detective I liked – especially the dame in lilac on the front cover! Sublime art from Wally on Bandits of the Stairways – why can’t I be that good!? I think Teena’s a great name for a sidekick (Tracy, Emily and Sharon too) – but I suspect a hint of rivalry there – “This is a job for the Avenger!” “And Teena! (cross look on face which Avenger pretends to ignore)”.

Like Swan Maiden (well-known Head Girl of the Maidens of Quark – the title of the first script in my head, by the way), I loved Serra Venta – great outfit, great name (actually, it’s Latin for ‘stage name’ – very appropriate as Serra is an actress in the story. As a character, she’s too good to lose – I can think of three ways she can come back from the dead – how about you?

Lucky Dale, Girl Detective, was a pleasant surprise. Warren Kremer’s pencils were well up to standard with some nice angles and it was great to see the blonde in the red dress fighting back and taking command. More please!

Link to the book: Space Detective 1
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.