in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,820 books
 New: 185 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Getting more books from JVJ

Pages: 1 [2]

topic icon Author Topic: Getting more books from JVJ  (Read 10430 times)

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
Re: Getting more books from JVJ
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2009, 09:37:07 PM »

I think I already updated yours as well no?
Send me a PM with them if you see I missed them.

Thanks.
:)
ip icon Logged

JonTheScanner

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2009, 12:57:39 AM »

Not the newest set -- sending a PM

Jon
ip icon Logged

JVJ

message icon
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2009, 05:00:19 AM »

Ok, here's my list for the second batch:

Authentic Police Cases 4

Target Comics
v8: 9-12
v9: 1, 5, 8, 9, 11
v10: 1
(We have bchat doing 9-2; I have a coverless 9-6 and a complete 10-3 to scan.  So this accounts for all issues from 8-9 up except 9-3, 9-10, and 9-12)

Jingle Jangle:
1, 3, 7, 8, 11-16, 18

GI Joe
41 42 46 51

Big Three 6

Blue Beetle
5, 8, 11, 33

Fantastic
17 18 15 21 [see below - JVJ]

Eagle 4

Ghost Rider 2

Blue Bolt
v1:9
v2:5- 7, 9, 10, 12

Harvey - CHAMP(ION) #3,4,5,6,7; SPEED v#1,2-4,9

If you need absolutely need something else scanned, ask if JVJ will throw it in.  If I get it, I'll scan it.  But that looks like a nice mix of books; with enough variety that I won't burn out on any one title, but enough depth that we can make some real progress on some series.  Jim, if you need to fill up the box add in some more Jingle Jangles; we need everything from issue 20 up.

(Update:  just spotted a cheap target v9-3 and it's on the way, so that's one more off the need list)

Eric,
Today I mailed box #1 (postage = $20.00) with everything except the Jingle Jangle's and the note cards. This includes Weird #3 and with the following EXCEPTIONS:
FANTASTIC - my issues are generally coverless (try picking up an issue of this title for less than $40 any other way) and I spent some time to actually pin down the issue numbers. Those I have and am sending are 17, 18, 20, 22 (instead of the 15, 17, 18, 21 that you asked for). I apologize for any confusion.

The Jingle Jangle run includes these issues:
1, 3, 7, 8, 11-16, 18, 20-26, 28-32, 34, 35

It took some time to update (and in many cases, CREATE) the index cards for these. I think that the only card I didn't include was one for Weird #3. Sorry.

I'll list the postage cost just as soon as I get it packed and mailed. Happy scanning.

Peace, Jim (|:{>
« Last Edit: February 26, 2009, 05:33:16 AM by JVJ »
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2009, 06:20:35 AM »

Thanks for that exact update Jim. 
It'll go a long way to keeping things straight on both ends.
:)
ip icon Logged

OtherEric

message icon
« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2009, 07:21:32 AM »

Thank you, Jim.  Looking forward to seeing and scanning them!
ip icon Logged

comicsnorth

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2009, 04:28:44 PM »

Getting back to Fantoman, when you say the complete first and last story are missing, do you mean that both are missing completely (admittedly, the obvious interpretation), or that both stories are incomplete?  Red Blaze is one of those odd Centaur chara that I've been trying to get a bead on, and even a few pages of that might help (or might confuse me even farther).

-comicsnorth
ip icon Logged

bchat

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: bchat
message icon
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2009, 06:06:56 PM »

Getting back to Fantoman, when you say the complete first and last story are missing, do you mean that both are missing completely (admittedly, the obvious interpretation), or that both stories are incomplete?  Red Blaze is one of those odd Centaur chara that I've been trying to get a bead on, and even a few pages of that might help (or might confuse me even farther).

Both are incomplete.  I wasn't planning on including either in the file, but I'll throw-in Red Blaze (only four pages) since, as far as I know, this is his only appearance anywhere.
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2009, 06:10:03 PM »

Sounds good bchat.
Sometime Darkmark will have fiche of a book and can fill in missing pages so please do include everything you can even if it is incomplete.

Thanks again,
-Yoc
ip icon Logged

OtherEric

message icon
« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2009, 08:55:05 PM »

Package # 1 has arrived safely.
ip icon Logged

OtherEric

message icon
« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2009, 07:56:09 AM »

Package #2 and cards have arrived safely.
ip icon Logged
Pages: 1 [2]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.