in house dollar bill thumbnail
In-House Image
 Total: 42,782 books
 New: 194 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Tastee-Freeze Comics

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Tastee-Freeze Comics  (Read 3663 times)

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
Tastee-Freeze Comics
« on: December 04, 2008, 01:17:29 AM »

#4 in my check for pd folder. Contains Sad Sack but are they PD or not. If they are not pd then I will remove them and still can upload the Tastee Freeze feature.
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
Re: Tastee-Freeze Comics
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2008, 01:37:00 AM »

Hi Narf,
Please PM JCOLAG with the question to be sure he sees it.

Thanks,
-yoc
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2008, 02:47:47 AM »

Hi Narf,
Please PM JCOLAG with the question to be sure he sees it.

I think most people do like I do. Click on unread. I will always notice that before anything that has been PM'ed.  I have started looking in that direction after missing my invite to moderate for awhile. I still have to make myself remember to look at my messages.
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2008, 03:09:47 AM »

Hi Narf,
If you check in your Profile you can turn on an option to have a message pop-up telling you when a new PM is waiting for you - AND it can even send you an email when one is waiting.  This is how I know when I've got one waiting.  The email feature means you don't even have to visit the site to know someone is looking for you.

-Yoc
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2008, 03:40:12 AM »

Thanks Yoc Now ya tell me after I have started looking and do not need it. I have the message board as my home page. It comes up I click unread and go to reading. I now make it a habit to look at My Messages also.
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2008, 03:59:06 AM »

:)
ip icon Logged

John C

message icon
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2008, 10:28:37 PM »

Not that this is critical, but does anybody beside me have trouble seeing "unread posts" if you've posted recently to the thread?  A couple of times, I've very nearly missed responses to my own questions because...well, I don't know why.  I guess I'd have to study Simple Machines to know.

As for how I generally work, I try to get at all the running threads first, then I hit the Personal Messages.  I don't know why I go in that order, because I then answer them in reverse.

Oh, and yeah, I checked what I could for the book.  Other than possible reprint status or administrative policy for Sad Sack, I don't see any problems.

(Noteworthy, though:  All the non-Sad Sack stories have explicit Harvey copyrights, in addition to the issue's copyright statement.  None of the Sad Sack material is annotated that way, though, except for the cover.  Weird.)
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2008, 11:49:23 PM »

Not that this is critical, but does anybody beside me have trouble seeing "unread posts" if you've posted recently to the thread?  A couple of times, I've very nearly missed responses to my own questions because...well, I don't know why.  I guess I'd have to study Simple Machines to know.

Yes this has happened to me on occasion
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.