in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,817 books
 New: 191 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Dell 4c Public domain?

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Dell 4c Public domain?  (Read 2987 times)

scifier2

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: scifier2
message icon
Dell 4c Public domain?
« on: December 03, 2006, 05:12:52 PM »

Just wonderin if the dell 4c are public domain as well as lassie, rin tin tin. or how about gold key. i know dark horse got some of gold keys rights how about some of the obscure ones. how do we find out?
ip icon Logged

Aussie500

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: Aussie500
message icon
Re: Dell 4c Public domain?
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2006, 04:18:37 AM »

At this point l would be assuming they would not be public domain, many of them were printed under licence from other copyright holders such as Disney, and l have so far not been able to track down the records for them. l would need concrete proof that they were public domain before allowing any 4C titles on the site. Apart from that all the TV related comics would most likely still be under the protection of the original copyright, no renewal would have been necessary for comics printed from the 1950's onwards. The copyright on any Disney comic, whether it be Dell, Gold Key, Whitman or whatever would be owned by Gemstone, Disney is highly protective of their property and would have been sure to renew everything :(
« Last Edit: December 04, 2006, 04:30:56 AM by aussie500 »
ip icon Logged

BiGGyG

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: BiGGyG
message icon
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2007, 05:02:08 PM »

I have posted this here and in several other locations as well.

Aussie

I have excellent Dell 4C spreadsheet with all issues I will be posting on our domain name Dell4C.com. I do beleive that a lot of the Dell 4C are PD but have not had a chance to check them myself. I do have about 90% of them in scanned form.

Edited by aussie500
Please do not cross post the same message in multiple locations, once is enough
« Last Edit: March 13, 2007, 03:31:29 PM by aussie500 »
ip icon Logged

Aussie500

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: Aussie500
message icon
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2007, 03:37:07 PM »

Thanks BiGGyG, l do have a list of them although not a spread sheet, have never worked out how to do one, although somewhere in the next 3 odd months l will get around to doing a spread sheet of the issues, most likely once they are all scanned, or nearly all scanned depending on how far Dell4C gets with his scanning project
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.