in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,813 books
 New: 194 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

bchat's upload

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

topic icon Author Topic: bchat's upload  (Read 26459 times)

bchat

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: bchat
message icon
bchat's upload
« on: December 11, 2008, 09:14:59 PM »

Uploaded Blue Bolt volume 2 number 4 -  I only uploaded the missing stories from this issue [Dick Cole, White Rider, Sgt Spook, etc], plus the fc and ifc.  I included a text file which lists ALL of the stories for the issue in order, so if someone already had the file with Twister, Blue Bolt and Sub-Zero [which I mark as "Not Included"], they can put everything in the right sequence.  If there's any problems with the file let me know and I'll try uploading again.

Scanning this issue really drove home the point of a site like Golden Age Comics and why it's important to share what we have while we still have it.  This book came to me in poor condition, totally seperated from the cover and each "wrap" completely split apart.  It was literally falling apart in my hands as little paper pieces fell all over the place while I scanned the stories.  Luckily, the wide margins Novelty used meant that the artwork was undamaged, but it was pretty darn close on some pages.
ip icon Logged

phabox

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
Re: bchat's upload
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2008, 09:56:21 PM »

I've had a couple of books like this myself before now, I guess its MORE important to get these scanned as unlike high-grade books these are the ones that are fast coming to the end of their life.

Thanks for your effort with this book.

-Nigel
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2008, 11:04:19 PM »

I have scanned several books like this. My Amazing man books are really rough.
ip icon Logged

citaltras

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2008, 11:12:40 PM »

Thank you. By scanning and sharing it, your dying book will live forever.

ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2008, 12:07:20 AM »

The compiled book is now available to enjoy.
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2008, 02:48:03 PM »

Many many thanks for the sacrifice you made bchat!  It's a lovely book to look at.
And my thanks to Narf for combining the contents.

-Yoc
ip icon Logged

bchat

• Past Member
message icon
Re: bchat's upload - Thrilling Comics 5
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2008, 12:03:14 AM »

Just uploaded Thilling Comics 5 from Nedor/Better/Standard to the FTP.  It was a partial issue, so the first and last stories are missing (Doc Strange and Young Smiley West).

As always, if there's any problems with the file, just give a yell and I'll try again.
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2008, 12:18:46 AM »

Thanks again for the scans and uploads bchat!

Going up shortly gang.
-Yoc
« Last Edit: December 18, 2008, 12:22:06 AM by Yoc »
ip icon Logged

darkmark

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2008, 02:40:10 AM »

I've got the original in fiche, so if nobody objects I could complete it.
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2008, 04:17:20 AM »

Sounds good to me, thanks DM!
ip icon Logged

JVJ

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
Re: bchat's upload - Thrilling Comics 5
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2008, 12:30:22 AM »

Just uploaded Thilling Comics 5 from Nedor/Better/Standard to the FTP.  It was a partial issue, so the first and last stories are missing (Doc Strange and Young Smiley West).

As always, if there's any problems with the file, just give a yell and I'll try again.

I THINK I have a coverless copy of this issue, guys (unless I can't read my own handwriting...). It's not on the list I sent because it was acquired after that file was last updated. If you want to wait for the next round, somebody could request it in their next batch.
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2008, 04:46:16 AM »

Sure Jim.
Please feel free to update you list anytime you like.  I can integrate it into the big lists later.

Say, for future reference if we are only short two or three pages any chance you could do the scan and we could add it to the incomplete book?  I wouldn't want to make it a habit of course.

-Yoc
ip icon Logged
Comic Book Plus In-House Image

bchat

• Past Member
message icon
Fantoman # 4
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2009, 07:31:56 PM »

I uploaded Fantoman # 4 to the FTP.  It's a coverless copy that's also missing the first four and last four pages of the interior.  Let me know if there's any problems with the file.

I'll probably upload another book this week (have to get some other stuff done first), maybe 4 Most volume 3 number 3 or Blue Beetle 44 (minus the Bronze Man story that's already available).
ip icon Logged

krankyboy

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2009, 09:49:10 PM »

I'd vote for the Blue Beetle #44 issue, but either one would be much appreciated.  :)
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2009, 01:24:26 AM »

Much great thanks and appreciations for the Fantoman now onsite
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2009, 07:00:34 AM »

Thanks bchat!!
:)

I think you must have only saved the smallest version of that cover I uploaded for you.
Once the new page open in ImageShack if you keep clicking on the actual image it will increase in size until it is 100% the same as the upload.  My upload was huge culled from Heritage Auctions.

Still a great book to scan - thanks again for sharing it!
« Last Edit: March 03, 2009, 08:08:05 AM by Yoc »
ip icon Logged

bchat

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2009, 12:17:14 AM »

I think you must have only saved the smallest version of that cover I uploaded for you.
Once the new page open in ImageShack if you keep clicking on the actual image it will increase in size until it is 100% the same as the upload.

I couldn't get the image to appear at all, so I just copied one from either comics.org or comicbookdb (both seem to have the same image and I've had it on my pc for ages, so I forget which site I took it from).  Feel free to add your cover to the file, though, because you're right, the image I have is kind of small and the quality isn't very good at all.  I tried searching the net for a better picture and came-up empty-handed.
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2009, 02:54:47 AM »

Hi B,
All you should have to have done is click on the thumbnail and a new page should pop open from ImageShack.
Java would have to be working and no pop-up blockers going too.
Next time I'll just post you a direct link to the Hertage cover you need.
Heritage is a great resource for cover and back covers but you have to let them have a credit card number to get at them.  I was reluctant but I've never had a problem since I listed them.
I've never bought from them but they've been a great help for missing covers, movie posters, etc.

Thanks again for the scans!
Let me know if you need any other covers down the road, take care,
-Yoc
ip icon Logged

John C

message icon
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2009, 03:56:20 PM »

It's a little out of date, but you might want to take a look through this article, if you're in the market to replace ImageShack.

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/free-image-hosting-services/

Nothing against the service, but it always feels like I spend far too much time clicking to get at an image, what with the preview, resize, advertisement popup, and whatever else I'm forgetting.  Too error-prone for anything productive, in my eyes.  Oh, and don't forget the comments, which have bunches of other possibilities.

(I'd have better advice, but pictures aren't really my thing.  Add that I've always had web space up somewhere, and I have never had use of any of the services beyond downloading.)
ip icon Logged

bchat

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2009, 04:38:49 PM »

All you should have to have done is click on the thumbnail and a new page should pop open from ImageShack.
Java would have to be working and no pop-up blockers going too.

I have a pop-up blocker on, so that's probably what kept me from seeing the picture.  I don't turn it off because I despise pop-up windows.  I'll definitely let you know if I need another cover for something, although the rest of the books I have left to scan/upload at the moment are all complete.
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2009, 05:24:07 PM »

Thanks JC
I'll check it out.
I've stuck with ImageShack as I like the upload widget that allows multiple uploads without much trouble.  I haven't needed it in a while but it's easy to use.
I'm on Firefox so I haven't noticed the popup problems you've mentioned but yes, the need to keep clicking on an image to see it 100% is annoying.

-Yoc
ip icon Logged

bchat

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2009, 03:34:15 PM »

Howdy!

I just uploaded "4 Most volume 3 number 3" to the FTP.  Any problems ... blah blah blah ...

Blue Beetle 44 should be ready to go soon, and I'm hoping to get some time to scan Target vol9 n2, Heroic Comics 28 (half done) and 4 Most vol 6 n5.
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2009, 02:17:49 AM »

Thanks B!
Now up gang.
ip icon Logged

bchat

• Past Member
message icon
Re: bchat's upload - Blue Beetle 44
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2009, 04:32:07 PM »

Uploaded to the FTP:  Blue Beetle 44.  When combined with the Bronze Man story already here (which follows the Johnny Earthquake tale) we have a complete cover-to-cover book.

Coming Soon:  Target Comics vol 9 num 2 (about half-way done scanning), Heroic Comics 28 (about half-way done scanning), 4 Most Comics vol 6 num 5 (need to scan), Blue Beetle 36 (just arrived & need to scan - missing centerfold but all 3 BB stories are complete), The Beyond 14 from Ace (still waiting for it to arrive) and 4 Most vol 5 num 1 (still waiting for it to arrive - GAC already has Target story).  With any luck, I'll get some time to scan this week (at least one day if not two) and finish Target & Heroic and get started with 4 Most & Blue Beetle 36.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2009, 07:44:32 PM »

And I just got the IW Human Fly which reprints Blue Beetle 44. Well now I do not need to scan it
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.