in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,813 books
 New: 194 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

bchat's upload

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

topic icon Author Topic: bchat's upload  (Read 26462 times)

krankyboy

• VIP
message icon
Re: bchat's upload
« Reply #50 on: June 08, 2009, 12:21:20 AM »

Definitely looking forward to the Black Terror 15 and Clue Comics 5 issues, BC. Thanks for all the scanning on those.  :)
ip icon Logged

bchat

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: bchat
message icon
« Reply #51 on: June 12, 2009, 05:34:55 PM »

Uploaded to the FTP: Black Terror 15 (paper)

Still to Come: Clue Comics 5 [about halfway done scanning], Blue Bolt Comics vol 3 num 12 [about halfway done scanning], Blue Beetle 38 [about halfway done scanning], Target Comics vol 8 num 6, 4 Most Comics vol 6 num 5, 4 Most Comics vol 5 num 1,

If Clue Comics 5 didn't smell like a cat box I'ld be done by now [I'm allergic to cats].
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #52 on: June 12, 2009, 05:38:30 PM »

Wow, great work BC!
Going up asap.  Please check your Message area in about 10mins.  Thanks.
:)
ip icon Logged

bchat

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #53 on: August 13, 2009, 03:52:35 PM »

Uploaded to the FTP: Blue Beetle 38 cover-to-cover from Fox
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #54 on: August 13, 2009, 07:29:50 PM »

Thanks bchat.
Not to sound like I'm complaining, we love the books you've been sharing but I'm looking at this one now and I see the scans are smaller than your others.  I can add this as-is but if you had larger I think they would be welcomed.

I like to scan pages at 200% and shrink them so a page is 1000 pixels x whatever for sharing at a jpg.

Let me know what to do (there's a hanging curveball for somebody),
-Yoc
« Last Edit: August 13, 2009, 08:27:45 PM by Yoc »
ip icon Logged

John C

message icon
« Reply #55 on: August 13, 2009, 07:53:04 PM »

That reminds me (non-seasonally, alas) of the not-for-mixed-company story of how the angel ended up atop the Christmas tree.  It involves an overworked Santa and said angel asking a very similar question.
ip icon Logged

bchat

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #56 on: August 14, 2009, 05:17:04 PM »

Yoc - You're right.  Looking at it again, I goofed and resized the pages smaller than I usually do.  I could re-edit & re-upload, but that's going to take time I just don't have right now.  It takes me over an hour via dial-up to upload a comic, and that's before taking the time to resize the scans.  I can do it BUT I can't guarantee when that would happen.  I am usually, quite literally, doing about three things at the same time most days, are there are other "projects" I'm working on/planning to do/need to get done.  So maybe you could just add it "as is" and we can replace the file at a later date.
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #57 on: August 14, 2009, 07:12:50 PM »

Being stuck on dial-up... I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy.
Certainly I'll add the book right now.

You deserve some karma for scanning and sharing this way!
Thanks!
ip icon Logged

krankyboy

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #58 on: August 14, 2009, 11:30:21 PM »

I think that Archiver said he had the complete run of Blue Beetle. So he might be able to help out with larger scans of #38 if he gets to that issue down the road.

Looking forward to the scanned Clue Comics #5, bchat! (sorry it smells like a cat box though)
ip icon Logged

bchat

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #59 on: October 08, 2009, 11:45:33 PM »

RE-Uploaded to the FTP: Blue Beetle 38 cover-to-cover from Fox (again).  This time, the pages are the size I normally use (about 730x1000 or thereabouts).

Regarding Clue Comics 5:  I have the Zippo, Micro-Face, Twilight and text stories completely scanned.  The next time I handle the book (not sure when but I'ld like to get to it soon) I plan on finishing-up the Jackie Law and Stupid Manny stories.  All of that work would replace the fiche scans, leaving only the Boy King & Twilight stories for me to replace.  MY QUESTION:  Would you guys prefer I wait until everything is done (including BK & Twilight), or just upload my paper scans once I'm done with JL & SM, adding the others whenever I get them scanned?
ip icon Logged

krankyboy

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #60 on: October 09, 2009, 12:34:59 AM »

RE-Uploaded to the FTP: Blue Beetle 38 cover-to-cover from Fox (again).  This time, the pages are the size I normally use (about 730x1000 or thereabouts).

Regarding Clue Comics 5:  I have the Zippo, Micro-Face, Twilight and text stories completely scanned.  The next time I handle the book (not sure when but I'ld like to get to it soon) I plan on finishing-up the Jackie Law and Stupid Manny stories.  All of that work would replace the fiche scans, leaving only the Boy King & Twilight stories for me to replace.  MY QUESTION:  Would you guys prefer I wait until everything is done (including BK & Twilight), or just upload my paper scans once I'm done with JL & SM, adding the others whenever I get them scanned?

Personally, I'd prefer that you waited until everything was complete. By the way, there's a Nightmare and Sleepy story in this issue, isn't there? (my favorite strip in the book)  :)
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #61 on: October 09, 2009, 05:25:03 AM »

Hi BChat,
whatever you decide is fine though there is some logic in waiting until you are complete done.
ip icon Logged
Comic Book Plus In-House Image

bchat

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #62 on: October 09, 2009, 07:05:26 PM »

Whoops!  I meant to type that I've scanned Zippo, Micro-Face, the text story and NIGHTMARE ("The Crooked Nine and The diamond Robberies"), not Twilight.

And yeah, I figured most people would prefer I'ld wait until completely done, but as much as I'ld like Clue Comics to have been finished three months ago, dealing with the smell is simply a huge turn-off.  Every time I've been scanning stuff over the last few weeks (nothing GAC related) I think about trying to finish Clue but then remember how much of a pain it is dealing with the allergic reaction I get.  I want to keep my handling time to a minimum so I'm that not torturing myself, which means it'll be a while before it's completely done.
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #63 on: October 10, 2009, 05:36:45 AM »

Wow, that must be one nasty smelling book!
It's worth the wait though BC.

Thanks for persevering for us.  :)
-Yoc
ip icon Logged

bchat

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #64 on: October 14, 2009, 04:51:07 PM »

Uploaded to the FTP:  Golden Lad 4 (no ifc,ibc, or bc).  Also, I noticed that Blue Beetle 38 with larger scans hasn't been moved yet.
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #65 on: October 14, 2009, 04:59:59 PM »

Thanks very much bchat!
Both were renamed to match the site name scheme for each (always nice when you can match ours but fixeable by mods when not) and now up on the site!

ip icon Logged

bchat

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #66 on: November 20, 2009, 06:51:42 PM »

Uploaded to the FTP:  Finally done Clue Comics 5 (c2c)
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #67 on: November 21, 2009, 03:28:19 AM »

Thanks very much bchat.
And I must say this is a superior comic gang.  Some solid artwork throughout!
Expect it up on the site soon.

Great job bchat!  +1 karma
« Last Edit: November 21, 2009, 05:23:53 AM by Yoc »
ip icon Logged

krankyboy

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #68 on: November 21, 2009, 05:22:38 AM »

Hands down, this is my favorite issue of Clue Comics. Thanks so much for scanning and uploading it, bchat.  :)
ip icon Logged

bchat

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #69 on: November 21, 2009, 04:31:36 PM »

Uploaded to the FTP:  Blue Bolt Comics volume 3 number 12.
ip icon Logged

bchat

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #70 on: November 21, 2009, 05:07:14 PM »

Hands down, this is my favorite issue of Clue Comics. Thanks so much for scanning and uploading it, bchat.  :)

Happy to do it!  I was glad that it didn't cost me an arm & a leg to get my hands on it, and the personal benefit is that I never have to handle it again.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #71 on: November 22, 2009, 02:00:38 AM »

Blue Bolt is now ready thanks B
« Last Edit: November 22, 2009, 04:52:30 AM by Yoc »
ip icon Logged

bchat

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #72 on: January 24, 2010, 10:11:22 PM »

Uploaded to FTP:  Phantom Lady 17 - incomplete.  File only contains "The Stinging Whip" plus a cover image taken from Heritage.  This isn't my scan but something I stumbled upon while surfing the 'net.  Image quality is kind of poor but it's better than nothing.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #73 on: January 25, 2010, 01:37:24 AM »

Thanks bchat any PL is welcome now available for all.
ip icon Logged

bchat

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #74 on: February 02, 2010, 10:25:25 PM »

Uploaded to FTP:   Phantom Lady 4 from Ajax, incomplete (one story only).  Another "not my scans" that I found online with a cover added from somewhere else.

I've also opened a "4shared" account containing most of the files I've uploaded to GAC (http://www.4shared.com/dir/30094199/25578b8e/sharing.html) just in case the site goes down again and someone wants to download some stuff.
ip icon Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.