in house dollar bill thumbnail
In-House Image
 Total: 42,817 books
 New: 194 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Please help to re upload broken files! Next up - Fight Against the Guilty 022..

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Please help to re upload broken files! Next up - Fight Against the Guilty 022..  (Read 6847 times)

Yoc

• Past Member

Hi Gang,
I'm starting this thread as it's not unheard of for a broken file to show up on GAC.  We hate them.  You hate them.  If we are lucky one of us has the file to re upload but that's not always the case.
So, I'm starting this thread as a call for help when there's a book we can't find this is a broken link.

I'll be changing the title of the thread when a new book shows up that needs redoing.

Now Needed- Fight Against the Guilty 022 (Story)
Master Comics 094 (Fawcett)

Can someone please upload this book?

Thanks!
-Yoc
« Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 07:58:10 PM by Yoc »
ip icon Logged

JVJ

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
Re: Please help to re upload broken files! First up - BUSTER BROWN #29
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2008, 04:32:49 AM »

-Yoc

And might I add that Reed Crandall's 'Rumpus On Rex' (BB#29-32) has got to be a classic of Good Girl Art with a perfect name but what the heck is it doing in a shoe store giveaway???  These deserve to be collected into a single file!
Anyone got them all to upload as a collection?

I believe that "Rumpus on Rex" is the title only of the story in issue #30, Yoc. Each "episode" has its own title. These four sf stories are not just Reed Crandall but a wonderful combination of Crandall and Ray Willner - one of the greatest of the Great "Unknowns." He probably was inking Reed on these stories. Without taking anything away from Crandall, his work at Buster Brown with Willner is my very favorite.

Peace, Jim (|:{>
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2008, 07:46:08 AM »

Thanks Jim.
I still love the title even if it's only for a single story.
This is also my first look at a Buster Brown.  Thanks to Pappy's Blog for the post on the feature.  I'm sure I'd never have looked at an issue of BB otherwise.

Here's the link to Pappy's entry which also mentions Ray Willner in passing.
http://tinyurl.com/6wh45x
ip icon Logged

Geo (R.I.P.)

message icon
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2008, 09:32:49 AM »

Yoc I have a working version of #29, it is missing two pages, #15 and #16. It's in my folder for the taking if that helps any. I thought Jon did a re-do on the whole series though.

Geo
« Last Edit: December 20, 2008, 09:34:20 AM by Geo »
ip icon Logged

Aussie500

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: Aussie500
message icon
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2008, 03:52:26 PM »

Ontology scanned the original earlier this year so l would be able to get a complete copy from DC++, l will upload it tomorrow, well really later today its 2.37am
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2008, 05:48:15 PM »

Thanks Aussie!
:)
ip icon Logged

JVJ

message icon
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2008, 05:55:58 PM »

Thanks Jim.
I still love the title even if it's only for a single story.
This is also my first look at a Buster Brown.  Thanks to Pappy's Blog for the post on the feature.  I'm sure I'd never have looked at an issue of BB otherwise.

Here's the link to Pappy's entry which also mentions Ray Willner in passing.
http://tinyurl.com/6wh45x

There's a TON of great Willner art in Buster Brown. I hope you've explored them further. What I found MOST puzzling about Pappy's blog is that to this day noone but me seems to know the dates for Buster Brown Comics. I solved that problem 25 years ago and was certain that I'd cast the data out to the world. Apparently it fell on fallow ground because no one seems to have heard the news.

After breakfast on this brisk sunny California day I will share this info again. (Loved your pic of that snow stuff.)

Peace (and warmth), Jim (|:{>
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• Past Member

Hi Gang,
Great job on the Buster Brown book.  Next book that needs another upload is one that's long been on the site as broken but never found again.  It's one I myself would love to have IF it's actually the book it claimed to be.  I have my doubts.

Anyways, does anyone have a copy of the Super-Mystery Comics v02 003 scan they could reupload?

I'll mention Capt. Marvel Adventures #119 is also needed.

Thanks,
-Yoc
« Last Edit: December 22, 2008, 03:25:06 AM by Yoc »
ip icon Logged
Comic Book Plus In-House Image

narfstar

• Administrator

Found a copy of CM 119 currently uploading to ftp
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
Re: Please help to re upload broken files! Next up - MASTER COMICS 094
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2008, 06:25:38 AM »

Thanks to Narf we've gotten another off the list.

Next up Master Comics 094 and Marvel Family 49

Anyone?
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator

I am downloading a MF 49 from elsewhere right now. If it checks out I will upload here.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator

sorry false positive. Bad file
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator

Further down the page was a good copy of MF 49. Cover to cover fiche by darkmark. Now onsite

I guess i earned my big raise today. Got two Marvels as well as two JVJ's and put Michael's books onsite.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2008, 07:25:31 AM by narfstar »
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• Past Member

Thanks again Narf!  Nice work for sure.  :)
I've been going through the old posts in this section deleting any that were fixed and looking for those not.

More to come but another time.
-Yoc
ip icon Logged

darkmark

• VIP

Well, I uploaded my old file of MARVEL FAMILY #49 and a c2c version of the CAPTAIN MARVEL ADVENTURES to the FTP, but I don't seem to have the MASTER COMICS.  Does anybody else?
ip icon Logged

DennyWilson

• VIP

This there a way to automaticly check all the links and files?
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• Past Member

AFAIK there isn't DW, but I'm not an expert on these things.  So far we depend on members to inform us of any broken files.

Hi DM, I'll look into it when I can find some free time.  Real life has me running ragged at the moment.

-Yoc
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.