in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,823 books
 New: 183 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Hi

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Hi  (Read 2791 times)

Rik Offenberger

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: Rik Offenberger
message icon
Hi
« on: December 22, 2008, 07:17:35 PM »

Hi, I am new here.

My name is Rik. I am the Public Relations Coordinator for Archie Comics. I have known Yoc for years. I can't remember where we met but it had some thing to do with the golden age MLJ Heroes. In any event I am glad to be here and thank Yoc for the invitation. 
ip icon Logged

OtherEric

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
Re: Hi
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2008, 07:39:51 PM »

Welcome!  Everybody is welcome here, a friend of Yoc's even more so!
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2008, 08:22:40 PM »

Hi, I am new here.

My name is Rik. I am the Public Relations Coordinator for Archie Comics. I have known Yoc for years. I can't remember where we met but it had some thing to do with the golden age MLJ Heroes. In any event I am glad to be here and thank Yoc for the invitation. 

Odd...I somehow thought you were already here!  ;D

Regardless (and even though we don't know each other) its good to see you here!

I hope the recent Alter Ego (#82) will benefit MLJ/Archie greatly, and spur another trade paperback similar to The Shield a few years back (which I bought).

B.  :D
ip icon Logged

darkmark

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2008, 02:54:11 AM »

Hey, Rik, glad to see you here!  Hope you can find a way to participate.  Take care, amigo.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2008, 03:22:51 AM »

Welcome Rik
I hope DC uses the MLJ characters better this time than last. It looks like they will be keeping the spirit of the characters and not just the names. I have been a huge fan of the Mighty Crusaders form the beginning through all their incarnations except DC. Also love Man from RIVERDALE and the superteens. As a child of the SA I can not get into new Archie stuff but have great memories of the SA.
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2008, 04:22:43 AM »

Hi Rik,
Welcome!!   ;D

Ok gang, Rik here shares a love for all things MLJ with me - and I mean he LOVES them!!
I met him on Goldcomics.com's message board back in, gee - 2003-04.  And soon found a link to his FANTASTIC site on all things Mighty Crusaders and MLJ.  The BEST, bar-none, site you will EVER find on the subject.
GO HERE to see the site.   :o

I've known Rik for longer than than GAC has been running and he's a generous, gracious guy as well as an excellent source of information on comics.  Note - he does his own web design on the site which blows my mind when you see how intricate it all is.  Go check it out.  There's stuff to download too for those collectors out there.

Welcome Rik, I hope you'll join in the fun and post on anything that catches your fancy.

-Yoc
« Last Edit: December 23, 2008, 04:35:33 AM by Yoc »
ip icon Logged

JonTheScanner

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2008, 06:58:57 AM »

Hello Rik,

Nice to meet you.  I was first started reading "Archie" comics way back with either early issues of the Fly (before he became Fly-Man) or Cosmo the Merry Martian.  I'm not sure which was earlier.  I learned of the old MLJ heroes through the Might Crusaders a few years later.  I've since read most of the early stories through sites like this.

Would love to find complete issues of:

Pep 51, 63, 64 (latter two missing part of the Katy Keene stories due to pinups I assume)
Shield-Wizard #13
Top Notch 38 39 42
Zip 36-37

which are incomplete here (and other places I've looked)

Jon

ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2008, 03:17:43 PM »

At nine years old I got one of the biggest treats in my young life. I thought that Mighty Crusaders #4 and 5 was one of the greatest things I had ever read. The wait between 4 and 5 was terrible and worse was that most of these colorful characters only appeared sporadically if at all after. I had become aware that DC and Marvel had GA characters but wow now I found that Archie had also. When we look at these books now with what, what we must admit, are poor art and writing we must evaluate them from the mind of a nine year old boy. I really did not like Reinman's art at all. As a matter of fact I thought that it stunk. But the corny camp writing of Joe Simon was funtastic. I put up with the art and loved the heck out of the High Camp Heroes. I still consider MC 4-5 as SA classics no matter what anyone else may think of them.
ip icon Logged

darkmark

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2008, 06:36:34 PM »

Jerry Siegel was the writer on Mighty Crusaders.
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.