in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,820 books
 New: 187 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

CMO #2

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: CMO #2  (Read 1531 times)

comicsnorth

• VIP
message icon
CMO #2
« on: December 26, 2008, 04:52:20 PM »

My original scans of CMO #2 were too large, and the friend that uploaded it here for me (because of my creaky old dial-up making such a thing problematic) had to reduce them.  I could try again, if you'd like.  And on a semi-related note, I managed to get a coverless copy of Centaur's Stars & Stripes #4 not long ago, but my scanner died around that same time--should I scan the whole thing, and you can choose what you need, or should I just scan the pages that you currently only have as fiche?  Mind you, it may be a while yet before I can get to either of these things, as End of the Year Inventory is looming large on my horizon at the moment.

-comicsnorth
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
Re: CMO #2
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2008, 03:14:39 AM »

Hi CN,
Yes, we'd love to see your larger scans of CMO #2.
And if you feel your copy of Stars & Stripes #4 looks better than the paper scans in the current version on the site please feel free to scan all of your book.  But we would be happy to replace the fiche pages with yours if that's all you felt was needed.  Beggars can't be choosers right?  ;)

GL with the inventory,
-Yoc
ip icon Logged

comicsnorth

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2008, 06:03:49 PM »

I never got around to downloading the version of Stars & Stripes #4 that's here, largely due to that same creaky dial-up problem--I usually don't download partial issues, preferring to wait for a future completed one, and then download it only once.  In this case, by the time the fiche fills had been posted here, I already had a line on the coverless paper copy, and didn't feel the need to download something that I would soon have an original of.  Therefore, I don't know for sure which stories of the posted version are fiche and which are paper, so I had figured I'd just scan them all and let someone else sort them out, but if you could let me know which ones are fiche, I could just scan those and save us all some time.  My copy is in pretty nice shape for coverless, altho there are some noteworthy stains on the first couple pages of the Stars & Stripes origin story.

Thanks,
Comicsnorth
ip icon Logged

JonTheScanner

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2008, 07:11:28 PM »

Stars & Stripes #4

The Stars & Stripes 12 pp from fiche
Minimidget 7 pages from paper (though a bit small)
Igloo Iggy 2 pages from fiche
The Shark 8 pages from fiche
Text 2 pages from fiche
Iron Skull 8 pages from paper (though a bit small)
Mighty Man 7 pages from fiche
Private Duffy 1 page from fiche
Dr Synthe 8 pages from paper
Amazing Man 9 pages from fiche
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2009, 04:24:24 AM »

Thanks for passing along that info Jon.
:)
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.