in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,782 books
 New: 194 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Dennis the Menace

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Dennis the Menace  (Read 4055 times)

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
Dennis the Menace
« on: January 16, 2009, 01:11:05 AM »

May have come up before but are these books from Standard or Pines off limits? I think that they are original to the comics so would have to be individually renewed. Mine is coverless so I do not know what the indicia copyright is.
ip icon Logged

John C

message icon
Re: Dennis the Menace
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2009, 05:11:29 PM »

The good news is that Pines (et al) only got Dennis post-1950, as far as the GCD knows ('53-56), so any renewals that existed would be in the online database.  During that period, there are a couple of renewals for a "words and music" work, followed by a "household hurricane" work from 1958.  The only worry, then, is the degree to which the stories might follow existing strips, as usual.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2009, 09:20:31 PM »

They look original to me. I will get it scanned and posted it is issue 19
ip icon Logged

JonTheScanner

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2009, 09:58:51 PM »

Scans of all issues of Dennis through at least #50 exist abnd have been on ABPC.  If they are allowed here, I can post all the Wiseman issues (approx 50) of the regular series.
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2009, 10:53:56 PM »

Jon, please PM Aussie on the subject as well.  On 'iffy' titles like this or The Spirit Sections we trust her to give the final say on them.  If Aussie says go then sure, please upload them.

-Yoc
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.