in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,817 books
 New: 194 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

A-1 (Magazine Enterprises)

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: A-1 (Magazine Enterprises)  (Read 2815 times)

JonTheScanner

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
A-1 (Magazine Enterprises)
« on: January 20, 2009, 04:03:31 AM »

The comics identified as A-1 #2 is internally named A-1 #1.  Over street says there is no #2.  There is a nn then #1 then 3 on

The White Indian could be move into the A-1 category.  They are
#11 = A-1 #94
#12 = A-1 #101
#13 = A-1 #104
#14 = A-1 #117
#15 = A-1 #135

Ditto
Undercover Girl #5 = A-1 #62
Manhunt #13 = A-1 #63
Jet Powers #1 = A-1 #30
Jet Powers #2 = A-1 #32
Jet #3 = A-1 #35  (no ads in this scan)
Jet #4 = A-1 #38  (no ads in this scan)
Great Western #11 = A-1 #127
Cave Girl #12 = A-1 #96
Cave Girl #13 = A-1 #116
Cave Girl #14 = A-1 #125
Avenger #4 = A-1 #138

ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
Re: A-1 (Magazine Enterprises)
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2009, 05:21:40 AM »

Like on the GCD this series is a conundrum to deal with. On one hand it is the continueing A1 series but books are labeled as series within. People looking for it one way may miss it the other. Which is why it is one of the few GCD lists twice with a dupe.
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2009, 05:46:01 AM »

Hi Jon,
I've got a few A-1 books in a folder on the FTP waiting for me to figure out just how to name them.
Personally I lean towards using the COVER number and having the A1 issue number in brackets.
ie-  Undercover Girl 05 [A1#062]
Manhunt 13 [A1#063]
Jet Powers 01 [A1#033]

I think collectors are likely looking for titles more than wanting the series in the order ME published them.

What do you guys think?  It's a project I've had on hold for months trying to avoid it.   :-\
-Yoc
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2009, 05:56:18 AM »

Yeah like I said same problem at GCD. If we use cover series most would be unsorted in ME because few even go four issues. But if we put them all together under A1 they would still be unsorted there. We cannot anticipate the knowledge of our user. GCD goes for indicia primarily and have such as a pretty hard rule. I think most looking here would probably go by cover title. I say go with the cover title and put A1# in brackets. We can make categories for the series with at least 4 in ME. Alternative would be to make an A1 category with individual sub categories but am not sure how many would know to look there.
ip icon Logged

Geo (R.I.P.)

message icon
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2009, 06:01:12 AM »

Hi Jon,
I've got a few A-1 books in a folder on the FTP waiting for me to figure out just how to name them.
Personally I lean towards using the COVER number and having the A1 issue number in brackets.
ie-  Undercover Girl 05 [A1#062]
Manhunt 13 [A1#063]
Jet Powers 01 [A1#033]

I think collectors are likely looking for titles more than wanting the series in the order ME published them.

What do you guys think?  It's a project I've had on hold for months trying to avoid it.   :-\
-Yoc

Myself, I like the idea of title then the A1#, it's easier to find the book you want. The other way is just to confusing to me if you didn't know the numbering of/on them.

Geo
ip icon Logged

OtherEric

message icon
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2009, 08:05:37 AM »

Let me look at something on the upload functions on my weekend (Which is now thur-fri).  We may be able to point to the same file from multiple locations.
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.