in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,820 books
 New: 187 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

It Rhymes With Lust

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: It Rhymes With Lust  (Read 2346 times)

comicartwrangler

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: comicartwrangler
message icon
It Rhymes With Lust
« on: February 04, 2009, 04:05:25 PM »

The pic shows up in the St John section header, but I can't find the actual comic.  Am I just being dense?
ip icon Logged

rez

• Past Member
message icon
Re: It Rhymes With Lust
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2009, 04:29:29 PM »

I may be wrong but as I have attempted to chase down some of those masthead comics successfully and not, I seem to recall reading that in the early formation of the site some demonstration comic icons like that were used without the particular book being available.

hmm, Reading from that listing... Publisher of the first 3-D comic book, Three Dimension Comics #1 (Sept. 1953) featuring Mighty Mouseis a little tidbit of data I didn't know.

Cheers
ip icon Logged

John C

message icon
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2009, 05:50:32 PM »

I don't know whether the comic is up or not (I seem to remember reading it), but I recall that the images weren't chosen from books available on the site...probably for the simple reason that a lot of the earliest sections were created before any books were there.
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2009, 07:08:07 PM »

The book has not been scanned yet AFAIK.
Anyone with an original to scan please do!
ip icon Logged

JVJ

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2009, 07:28:54 PM »

The book has not been scanned yet AFAIK.
Anyone with an original to scan please do!

Good luck, guys,
I've got a copy and it looks like to scan it you'd have to destroy it. There's a nice reprint out that isn't free, but....

Peace, Jim (|:{>
ip icon Logged

phabox

message icon
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2009, 08:52:02 PM »

I've got a copy of this in my sights right now and may well treat myself to it as an early birthday present.

Sadly being a recent reprint I will be unable to share it here but I WILL let you all know how good it was  ;D

-Nigel
ip icon Logged

OtherEric

message icon
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2009, 01:13:47 AM »

We can't scan the reprint to post it; the only original I can find for sale right now they're asking 800 dollars for.  I would be willing to pay $100 or so for a 2.0 copy that I could destroy to scan here, but NOT that much.  If anybody ever sees a lower grade copy for sale be sure to let me know here.
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.