in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,820 books
 New: 185 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Wanted Golden to Silver age Wonder Woman comics

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Wanted Golden to Silver age Wonder Woman comics  (Read 5352 times)

jemboy

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: jemboy
message icon
Wanted Golden to Silver age Wonder Woman comics
« on: April 04, 2009, 02:08:36 AM »

Hi everyone

I just registered and thought I'd come here looking for some old comics I need.

I need some Wonder Woman comics mostly from the golden age but also looking for the silver age comics as well.  If anyone has any for sale please let me know.

ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
Re: Wanted Golden to Silver age Wonder Woman comics
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2009, 02:27:03 AM »

None to download but someone might have some to sell. I probably have some around. My collection is very scattered but I will let you know if I dig them up.
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2009, 07:36:09 AM »

I suggest you try your local library Jem.
DC has made several Archives with WW and Sensation material reprinted in them.

You wont find any ARCHIE, DC, MARVEL or STREET & SMITH books here.  We only share Public Domain scans.

-Yoc
ip icon Logged

jemboy

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2009, 12:59:50 AM »

narfstar Please let me know if you do. That would be great.

Thank Yoc but I wasn't looking for reprints.  Is there a place like this for other golden age comics? thanks for any help
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2009, 05:42:01 AM »

Hi Jem,
One of the rules for keep our site here going without any lawyers bugging us is nobody is allowed to post links to known copyrighted materials - ie DC, Marvel, etc.
So members, PLEASE, no sharing of links to any sites with these scans are being shared.

Jem, a simple Google for what you want likely would find them.  For now I'm going to lock this thread before someone posts a forbidden link.

-Yoc the cautious
ip icon Logged

Aussie500

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: Aussie500
message icon
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2009, 01:52:54 AM »

Hi Jem,
One of the rules for keep our site here going without any lawyers bugging us is nobody is allowed to post links to known copyrighted materials - ie DC, Marvel, etc.
So members, PLEASE, no sharing of links to any sites with these scans are being shared.

Jem, a simple Google for what you want likely would find them.  For now I'm going to lock this thread before someone posts a forbidden link.

-Yoc the cautious

l cannot imagine any lawyers having anything to say about members selling or buying comics, l will leave this opened just in case any of the others might have a few Wonder Woman comics they would not mind selling. And people should know by now not to post links to non PD scans.

EBay is a good place to search, Heritage Auctions  and the CGC Collectors Society has several forums for collectors wanting to buy and sell comics.

http://comics.ha.com
http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=cfrm&c=5
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2009, 04:21:59 AM »

I differ to Aussie on this but my worry was more about new members posting a link more than any older, more familiar faces.  Sometimes in the excitement of sharing with a fellow fan links can be posted without knowing of the possible ramifications to the site.

-Yoc
ip icon Logged

jemboy

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2009, 06:47:35 AM »

Thanks for the help and I've never heard of anyone getting in trouble for buying and selling old comics.  I think you may be going over board but it's not my site and I thank aussie for the info.
ip icon Logged

John C

message icon
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2009, 01:48:39 PM »

It's not the buying or selling that's at issue.  The fear is that someone (who might not know any better) will come along and say "don't bother to buy them, because you can download them all for free at" and then link to some pirate site.

It's not uncommon, these days, for lawyers to search for links to known sites, then slap the site hosting the link with a lawsuit for "promoting copyright infringement."  That's how they go after BitTorrent trackers, even though the tracking site doesn't actually carry anything offending.
ip icon Logged

phabox

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2009, 02:11:12 PM »

Right On !

This site is such a valuable resource its silly to take ANY risks at all.

-Nigel
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.