in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,817 books
 New: 194 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

How did you find us?

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 44

topic icon Author Topic: How did you find us?  (Read 256417 times)

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
Re: How did you find us?
« Reply #125 on: September 19, 2008, 01:54:44 AM »

Hey Jim welcome from fellow GCD member Jim Ludwig.  I use scans from this site to do several indexes.
ip icon Logged

OtherEric

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
« Reply #126 on: September 19, 2008, 02:08:32 AM »

Welcome; I know I recognize your name from somewhere.  Probably several somewheres.  :)

Glad to have you, I'm sure we'll come up with plenty of questions as time goes on.

And, since you claim to have tons of books but _almost_ no time for scans, I figure I'll ask about one specific category just in case you have the books and the time for one page from them:  The Fox books where we have the IW/ Super reprints but are missing the first story page since it's on the inside front cover; I know we have at least Blue Beetle 46 and Phantom Lady 14, 15, and 23 in that category.
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #127 on: September 19, 2008, 03:28:19 AM »

Welcome Jim!
Wonderful to have a authority like yourself in the fold.
Michael T. Gilbert has been spotted here now and again as well under the name 'doccomix'.

Enjoy all the goodies and as OtherEric mentioned above we do have some IW reprints that could really use those inside cover scans!  If you've got the book and some time.

Take care,
-Yoc
ip icon Logged

bix313

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: bix313
message icon
« Reply #128 on: September 23, 2008, 01:31:27 PM »

Hi y'all,

I am Paul Karasik, cartoonist and editor of the Eisner Award winning "I Shall Destroy All The Civilized Planets: The Comics of Fletcher Hanks". I am now working on a second volume of this surprisingly popular anthology which, when combined with Volume I, will comprise, "The Complete Fletcher Hanks".

However, I need some help.

I am now down to missing a final three Hanks stories. These stories are:

Fantomah from Jungle Comics #5
Fantomah from Jungle #11
Whirlwind Carter from Daring Mystery #5

These Fletcher Hanks books could only be made possible through the help of collectors such as yourselves: collectors willing to share high-res scans of their valuable comics.

Those who contribute get an acknowledgment in the published book, a couple of copies and (for what its worth) my undying gratitude!

Hot tips and leads appreciated.

Best to all,
-Paul Karasik
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #129 on: September 23, 2008, 03:28:29 PM »

Welcome Paul, loved the book!
;D

You might want to check out this set of scans for some Hanks:
Witty #1 -
http://goldenagecomics.co.uk/index.php?dlid=3634

-Yoc
ip icon Logged

Endorpheeny

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: Endorpheeny
message icon
« Reply #130 on: October 09, 2008, 03:17:28 PM »

Google + "golden age comics"..

Hello everyone :)
ip icon Logged

rez

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #131 on: October 09, 2008, 03:34:11 PM »

yep, and hello back.

Google + "golden age comics"..

Hello everyone :)
ip icon Logged

accent

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: accent
message icon
« Reply #132 on: October 11, 2008, 12:33:21 PM »

Hi! I just stumbled upon this through a link in another message board... seems pretty interesting :)
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #133 on: October 11, 2008, 12:39:00 PM »

Welcome Accent. It is very interesting here. Great bunch of books and great bunch of people.
ip icon Logged

paulsroom

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: paulsroom
message icon
« Reply #134 on: October 14, 2008, 07:11:50 PM »

Hi, I've always been interested in comics and all its variations so probably like most people, I used a search engine typing in "newspaper cartoon strips" and hey presto, here I am.
I am especially interested in newspaper cartoon strips. Being in the UK I was brought up with The Perishers, Andy Cap, The Gambols and Garth, all of these were in The Daily Mirror I think.
But I also like the American cartoon strips of Blondie, Krazy Kat although I was born after they were popular, so I think that they must have appeared in a British newspaper. There was also a character called Pop, I think, who was a portly bald gentleman. This particular strip was very simply drawn but very effective and had few words.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2008, 07:15:48 PM by paulsroom »
ip icon Logged

fog_runner

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: fog_runner
message icon
« Reply #135 on: October 15, 2008, 02:12:10 PM »

hello everyone.  I just installed a comic book reader on my playstation portable (psp) and was looking for free, legal comics to download.  Found this site and saw that there are horror comics.  can't wait.
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #136 on: October 16, 2008, 05:09:44 AM »

Good luck with reading on the PSP.  Somehow I don't see it working well but who knows...
ip icon Logged
Comic Book Plus In-House Image

ubantuban

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #137 on: October 19, 2008, 08:01:10 PM »

I found you trough a link on the excellent blog "the Horrors of it all"!
Keep up the great work! ;D
ip icon Logged

Subtorp184

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: Subtorp184
message icon
« Reply #138 on: October 21, 2008, 03:02:27 PM »

Glad I found this site( thanks to a link from one of my yahoo groups ). I've finally some time to go exploring. May-be some uploading in the future( but no promises, as yet ).  I'm not really computer literate but did manage to down-load the CDisplay programme. It works just fine( once I figured it out-hey, I'm 1/2 caveman ). I may even have time to do some editing( on some scans ). In the mean-while hoping it stays up for a long while( yes, I read the bulletin AND the FAQ's-it's the first thing I research ).
ip icon Logged

KungFuPimp

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: KungFuPimp
message icon
« Reply #139 on: October 24, 2008, 10:05:35 AM »

Cheers.

Doing some reading up on Irving Klaw, I ran across his grandson's (Rick) blog and saw a favorable mention of the Golden Age Comics site. Wish I'd known about this site sooner.

Paco
ip icon Logged

xray7

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: xray7
message icon
« Reply #140 on: October 27, 2008, 05:31:57 PM »

Found the link on the Steve Ditko page.  Bought the 'World of Steve Ditko' and found the website.  Looks great!
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #141 on: October 28, 2008, 04:14:41 AM »

Welcome to the site guys!
Be sure to read the red FAQ link at the top of each page and Enjoy The Goodies!
:)
ip icon Logged

MysteryMan

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: MysteryMan
message icon
« Reply #142 on: November 02, 2008, 01:57:23 AM »

Hey all.  Found the place "wandering the net" as it were.  Very nice, looking forward to the discussions.
ip icon Logged

OKSaddletramp

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: OKSaddletramp
message icon
« Reply #143 on: November 03, 2008, 12:58:53 AM »

Just wondering how everyone came to find Golden Age Comic download website or support forum?

Tell us how you found us, give us your story...

Thanks, Serj

After buying my shiny new Sony PRS505, I was on MobileRead finding out all the good stuff you can do with it. Someone pointed the way over here, and (after some heartache) here I am.

NOTE: When I first tried out this site, it let me register into the message board fine, but would not allow me to log in at the download site. After a couple of days trying to figure out what I was doing wrong, I gave up and left; until I got the update email today. Guess what? same problem; but different. It still won't let me log onto the download page, but when using the link provided in Yoc's newbie FAQ, it let me download (as a Guest User). I just downloaded three comics and can't wait to try them out on my 505.

OKSaddletramp
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #144 on: November 03, 2008, 01:29:41 AM »

Hey all.  Found the place "wandering the net" as it were.  Very nice, looking forward to the discussions.

Hope you find no mystery in obtaining some great comics here. Welcome aboard.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #145 on: November 03, 2008, 01:30:50 AM »

Just wondering how everyone came to find Golden Age Comic download website or support forum?

Thanks, Serj

After buying my shiny new Sony PRS505, I was on MobileRead finding out all the good stuff you can do with it. Someone pointed the way over here, and (after some heartache) here I am.

NOTE: When I first tried out this site, it let me register into the message board fine, but would not allow me to log in at the download site. After a couple of days trying to figure out what I was doing wrong, I gave up and left; until I got the update email today. Guess what? same problem; but different. It still won't let me log onto the download page, but when using the link provided in Yoc's newbie FAQ, it let me download (as a Guest User). I just downloaded three comics and can't wait to try them out on my 505.

Glad you got it to work enjoy enjoy enjoy
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #146 on: November 03, 2008, 01:31:59 AM »

Found the link on the Steve Ditko page.  Bought the 'World of Steve Ditko' and found the website.  Looks great!

Lots of Ditko and others to read. I was surprised to find how much early Kubert looks like Ditko. Check out some of the Avon titles for early Kubert.
ip icon Logged

rascalite

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: rascalite
message icon
« Reply #147 on: November 03, 2008, 02:43:22 AM »

Thanks, Serj

I found your site by going to Google and asking for Golden Age Comics to download.

Thanks Ted    (rascalite)

ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #148 on: November 03, 2008, 03:25:14 AM »

Glad you found us rascal. Enjoy all we have to offer.
ip icon Logged

Serj

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #149 on: November 04, 2008, 10:38:32 PM »

Hey,

If your still getting this error send me a PM with your error message and ill look into it for you. Don't sit out there with problems. I/We are here to help you out :)

Thanks, Serj

OKSaddletramp
ip icon Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 44

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.