in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,816 books
 New: 194 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

How did you find us?

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 44

topic icon Author Topic: How did you find us?  (Read 256398 times)

Serj

• VIP
message icon
Re: How did you find us?
« Reply #150 on: November 04, 2008, 10:40:30 PM »

Just wondering how everyone came to find Golden Age Comic download website or support forum?

Tell us how you found us, give us your story...

Thanks, Serj

I found your site by going to Google and asking for Golden Age Comics to download.

Thanks Ted    (rascalite)

Welcome to site. Glad you found us. As far as I'm aware typing in "Golden Age Comics" or "Comic Downloads" into google put our site either 1st or 2nd in the result list so glad we worked hard on this site to make it good so members can easily find us on google and enjoy all the free comic books :)
ip icon Logged

modanim

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #151 on: November 06, 2008, 01:32:55 AM »

I've been downloading a lot - now I'd like to share.

Got Silver Streak #8 & 10, Bomber #2 & some other old stuff, scanned flat from paper.  Is there an FTP I can upload to?
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #152 on: November 06, 2008, 02:26:38 AM »

Check your My Message
Looking forward to these especially Bomber.
ip icon Logged

modanim

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #153 on: November 06, 2008, 02:50:28 AM »

Thanks, Narf.  I'm uploading SilverStreak8 now as a test.

If that works fine then I'll do the Bomber2 for ya! (sorry, it's coverless)
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #154 on: November 06, 2008, 03:31:40 AM »

Much thanks. I am usually content with fiche but I know others here will be jumping on the SS when I get it up. I jumped on the Bomber.
ip icon Logged

donarose

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: donarose
message icon
« Reply #155 on: December 09, 2008, 06:02:22 AM »

I was googling for a list of Four Color Comics published from issue #1 thru #1000, and found this site.  Unfortunately not much info about Four Color, but quite a few terrific downloads (The Funnies, Uncle Sam Comics, Smash, etc).  Wow.  Nice site.  Thanks to everyone for your uploads.  If anyone has a list of Four Color (number, date of pub, subject), or knows of one online, I'd sure like to get it.  Thanks again.   ;D
ip icon Logged

JVJ

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
« Reply #156 on: December 09, 2008, 06:36:19 AM »

Hi, Donarose,
Try the GCD (http://www.comics.org) or check out a copy of The Overstreet Comic Book Price Guide. Your library should have one.

Peace, Jim (|:{>
ip icon Logged

OtherEric

message icon
« Reply #157 on: December 09, 2008, 06:42:43 AM »

I was googling for a list of Four Color Comics published from issue #1 thru #1000, and found this site.  Unfortunately not much info about Four Color, but quite a few terrific downloads (The Funnies, Uncle Sam Comics, Smash, etc).  Wow.  Nice site.  Thanks to everyone for your uploads.  If anyone has a list of Four Color (number, date of pub, subject), or knows of one online, I'd sure like to get it.  Thanks again.   ;D

We think it's a pretty neat place, at least.  Glad you like the Funnies in particular; at least a few of them were my first real project when I started scanning.  Welcome, and have fun!
ip icon Logged

rjsama

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: rjsama
message icon
« Reply #158 on: December 10, 2008, 04:26:16 PM »

Hi! I'm a new on this forum :) My name is Jacqueline and I'm from Peru.
And How did i find you???...searching in Google *o* XDXDXDXDXD
C you soon, bytes!

RJsama
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #159 on: December 10, 2008, 09:21:45 PM »

Welcome Jacqueline. Join in any conversation and be sure to grab some great books.
ip icon Logged

brian

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #160 on: December 12, 2008, 12:12:32 AM »

I found this place before when the Boss first created it. Uploaded a lot of Rolster's fiche work too.. But, I haven't had time to do his stuff... and got distracted with life.. just hunting down friends.  :D
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #161 on: December 12, 2008, 02:49:29 PM »

Welcome Brian.
Rolster has gone missing so if you see or hear from him please tell him to check his Yahoo email some time.

Enjoy the goodies!
ip icon Logged
Comic Book Plus In-House Image

3!LL

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: 3!LL
message icon
« Reply #162 on: December 15, 2008, 05:48:37 PM »

I'm researching public domain superheroes for a project. Definitely a resource!

3!LL
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #163 on: December 15, 2008, 09:05:08 PM »

Well 3 this is the place to look. The heroes found here all have pd stories. However the character may still be trademarked. They are not the same thing. You can check several past threads for more information on the subject. Welcome aboard. narfstar
ip icon Logged

1peace

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: 1peace
message icon
« Reply #164 on: December 26, 2008, 08:22:35 PM »

I was Searching the net for Western Comics and got sided tracked into the great Golden Age Western Heroes most of whom i had never heard of before. from there i started to look for more on a character called  "Firehair" and BAM here I am.

peace
ip icon Logged

rez

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #165 on: December 26, 2008, 08:42:53 PM »

Well, Welcome 1peace. Glad to have you visit.
Have you found anything of interest yet?

Cheers

I was Searching the net for Western Comics and got sided tracked into the great Golden Age Western Heroes most of whom i had never heard of before. from there i started to look for more on a character called  "Firehair" and BAM here I am.

peace

ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #166 on: December 30, 2008, 06:38:17 PM »

Hello,
On Yahoo.  I'm a fan of superhero stuff, the more obscure the better, and have been for most of my life.
I searched for something on Yahoo and eventually found this site and I'm chuffed.  All these  great comics to read.  I'm impressed with the talk of collecting books that aren't in the best nick, as that's what I've always done.  You don't spend a fortune and you get the same stories as in a n.m. copy.  I'm in Scotland -  not many comic shops left here now.
ip icon Logged

OtherEric

message icon
« Reply #167 on: December 30, 2008, 09:11:35 PM »

Welcome, and enjoy the books!
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #168 on: December 30, 2008, 11:19:12 PM »

Welcome Paw from a fellow obscure comic fan. You will find many of those oddballs tagged from narfstar because I like 'em and like to share 'em.
ip icon Logged

rg10471

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: rg10471
message icon
« Reply #169 on: January 06, 2009, 03:36:33 AM »

Hi guys, i am a newbie to this . I have been collecting comic books since 1963. I found this site by goggling otr(figure this out).  thxs.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #170 on: January 06, 2009, 03:55:58 AM »

Well at least you found us. I started collecting about the same time as you. Enjoy what we have and contribute if you can. Welcome aboard :D
ip icon Logged

DOC

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #171 on: January 08, 2009, 11:05:38 PM »

Hi, My name is DOC Boucher, I've been a collector of comics since the early-mid 60's. A friend told of this site afterv I had told him of the Golden Age DVDs I got on eBay so yes I am here to download and support the site and giving my DVD's to a friend who has no internet access. I do have a few GA comics. I have a Blue Bolt vol1 #9 which was the last Simon and Kirby issue, unfortunately I can't read it as it would turn to dust.
I run a group called INTER-FAN PRODUCTIONS INK, an art group that started in the 70's. I also use the site for Fandom History and Fanzine info.
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #172 on: January 09, 2009, 12:31:04 AM »

Hi, My name is DOC Boucher, I've been a collector of comics since the early-mid 60's. A friend told of this site afterv I had told him of the Golden Age DVDs I got on eBay so yes I am here to download and support the site and giving my DVD's to a friend who has no internet access. I do have a few GA comics. I have a Blue Bolt vol1 #9 which was the last Simon and Kirby issue, unfortunately I can't read it as it would turn to dust.
I run a group called INTER-FAN PRODUCTIONS INK, an art group that started in the 70's. I also use the site for Fandom History and Fanzine info.

Welcome aboard Doc! You are going to love this place. Feel free to ask questions. The FAQs are simple and easy to read -- which explains why I have no idea what's in them!  ;D

B.
ip icon Logged

JVJ

message icon
« Reply #173 on: January 09, 2009, 06:53:53 AM »

Welcome, Doc.
I bought my first comic around 1966, so you've been at it longer than I.

I have a copy of Blue Bolt V1:9, too. It's a pretty cool book. I'll tell you what I do with brittle comics:
I put each page into a clear "sheet protector" (I buy the Arvey light-weight ones at Office Max) and then put them all into a cheap three-ring folder with a cover sleeve to hold a color scan of the cover. Voila! A comic that I can read and enjoy without chips covering my lap every time.

Here's an example:

Best of luck with preserving your copy. Not much point in having it if you can't enjoy it.

Peace, Jim (|:{>
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #174 on: January 09, 2009, 07:12:38 AM »

Welcome to the site Doc.
Feel free to join in the fun.
:)
ip icon Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 44

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.