in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,816 books
 New: 194 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Earth Man on Venus

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Earth Man on Venus  (Read 5214 times)

misappear

• VIP
message icon
Earth Man on Venus
« on: December 10, 2006, 11:40:30 PM »

Can't seem to extract the files
ip icon Logged

Serj

• VIP
message icon
Re: Earth Man on Venus
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2006, 04:46:24 AM »

You getting any error?

File downloaded, opened fine in CDisplay and renamed to rar and extracted perfectly fine with no errors.
ip icon Logged

misappear

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2006, 04:44:02 PM »

Serj,

I'm not using CDisplay, which might be the reason for the inablility to extract.  I'll hunt around for a copy and see how that goes.

Thanks for responding.

ip icon Logged

Serj

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2006, 05:09:02 PM »

CDisplay is just an easy comic viewer to use that allows you to directly open cbr/cbz files and view the contents full screen, there are many comic book viewers about but I personally use CDisplay.

As for cbz/cbr files all they are are rar/zip files renamed. Ie .zip is renamed to cbz and rar to cbr.

So if you want to get the images out of the cbr file, open it with winrar OR rename extension to .rar and open with winrar etc.

Hope this helps and moved topic to help section
ip icon Logged

Kashmir

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: Kashmir
message icon
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2006, 08:56:48 PM »

I think I found the problem with this. I downloaded to check problem and found it works fine on CDisplay (my image display program) as is but when I converted .CBR to .RAR, I couldn't unpack the .RAR file. I think this is because I may have originaly compressed as an .ACE file. This file unpacks fine as an .ACE and CDisplay works with .ACE or .CBA files but other display programs may not.

Three things you can do..
1) unpack as an .ace and repack in a format you can use (.rar>.cbr or .zip>.cbz, etc.)

or..
2) get CDisplay and use it.

or..
3) download the NEW version of "Avon Fantasy - An Earth Man On Venus" I will upload soon. It will be a .zip>.cbz and WILL work fine!

I'm very sorry for all this and hope this helps.

--- Kashmir ---
ip icon Logged

Serj

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2006, 09:33:49 PM »

Strange because I managed to unpack the .rar when I downloaded and tested it.

Ill download it again now and double check it and see what the outcomes are on my end.
ip icon Logged

Kashmir

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: Kashmir
message icon
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2006, 08:01:52 AM »

Serj,

Perhaps your unpack program works on both .RAR and .ACE files. I can only find Win-Ace on my hard drive and don't think I have any way to make a .RAR so it must have been an .ACE.

I think most of our group must use CDisplay because out of 68 downloads, only 3 or 4 had problems. It would only become a problem when someone trys to unpack it or view on some other display program.

Any way, I now have repacked the comic as a .ZIP and changed it to a .CBZ and it is now uploaded in the Avon folder.

Perhaps the first upload should be removed All together.

--- Kashmir ---
ip icon Logged

Aussie500

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: Aussie500
message icon
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2006, 10:19:16 AM »

Perhaps the first upload should be removed All together.

--- Kashmir ---

l am just waiting to make sure no one is going to complain about the fixed version  ;)
ip icon Logged

Serj

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2006, 10:52:01 AM »

When I converted .CBR to .RAR, I couldn't unpack the .RAR file.

This part I was confused about. What program did you use to try and unpack it which returned in a problem?

Doesn't matter now as you put a fix up so thanks
ip icon Logged

nude0007

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: nude0007
message icon
« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2006, 03:21:47 AM »

I was irate at not knowing what to extract the file with at first also, but then I took a lucky guess qnd extracted it WITHOUT RENAMING IT.  I just right click on it and select the correct program to open it with.  If I choose the wrong program, it just doesnt open. 

Thankfully, now there is a forum with all kinds of great info on how to do things and what it all means! :)
The people responsible are doing a great job with this site.
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.