in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,838 books
 New: 135 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

My Website

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: My Website  (Read 2108 times)

MarkWarner

• Administrator
message icon
My Website
« on: June 01, 2009, 03:10:43 PM »

Hi,

I only joined here recently. I was just looking for a couple of small images to use on a site I was developing. Well a couple of months later and still a comicbook dunce I have written http://furycomics.com  Not quite sure how it came about

Thought I'd just let you know, and I will put in a donation when I next have some money. And also I promise not to chew up your bandwidth  anymore :)

Best regards,

Mark
ip icon Logged

bchat

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: bchat
message icon
Re: My Website
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2009, 03:46:04 PM »

Nicely done site you've got there.  Not sure why but I like "online comics" like this.  If you don't mind suggestions, maybe adding some buttons so people can skip ahead to the next story or adding an index for each book so that anyone unfamiliar with the comics can see the contents without having to go through every page.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2009, 04:53:14 PM »

Well done site. Books was a good size and easy to read
ip icon Logged

MarkWarner

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2009, 06:05:57 PM »

Thanks for the nice comments

Yes I did think about doing something like you suggested but at the moment it's all pretty simple (bit like me) :). There is just a bit of javascript that only knows 3 things: the folder the comic is in, the total number of pages and what page it is on. But if I get a bit of traffic then will have to look at ramping it up a level and adding what you suggest.

Mark
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.