in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,782 books
 New: 213 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

A Bulletman Dilemma!

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: A Bulletman Dilemma!  (Read 3512 times)

Dr. Mindshadow

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: Dr. Mindshadow
message icon
A Bulletman Dilemma!
« on: June 09, 2009, 04:26:12 PM »

I really want to read Bulletman #03 and #07 but no one seems to be willing to upload to this site it even tho I can buy it for viewing online. Should I buy the comics and then post them here or should I wait until its on this site?
ip icon Logged

OtherEric

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
Re: A Bulletman Dilemma!
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2009, 04:35:34 PM »

We don't generally post scans that have come from commercial sites; even if the material is arguably in the public domain we don't want to get into the issue of what counts as "transformative".  With that said, a lot (not all) of the people selling scans seem to grab them from free scanners; so there's a decent chance somebody has the issues and will post them now that you've asked.  If nobody does within a few days you may want to buy them if you want to read them yourself; but we would not want you to post them here.

+1 Karma for offering to buy something to provide for us here; though.  Even if we don't approve the specific action we really like the thought!
ip icon Logged

JonTheScanner

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2009, 07:23:57 PM »

The ABPC shows these two comics as scanned.  I'll see if I can locate them from scanners over there and post them here if I do.
ip icon Logged

bchat

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: bchat
message icon
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2009, 07:28:26 PM »

There is an online comic books archive that has Bulletman 3 & 7 (and a lot of other Quality and Fawcett titles) available as free downloads.  If one of the moderators says it's ok, I'll post a link to the site, but I'm not 100% sure that everything they host is Public Domain.
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2009, 08:06:41 PM »

Guys, those scans floating around are the 'GM' scans.
Please don't post any links here in a public message board.

Private Messages please.
ip icon Logged

bchat

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2009, 10:59:48 PM »

I never downloaded anything from the site I was referring to, so I don't know whose scans they are.  I certainly don't want to get this site in trouble with someone else [or rekindle problems with "GM"], which is why I didn't post the link earlier.
ip icon Logged
Comic Book Plus In-House Image

John C

message icon
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2009, 11:08:39 PM »

I checked, just for the heck of it, and yeah, they're the GM scans that've been around forever.

Assuming we're all talking about the same place, I mean.  Not that there are too many options.

I won't post the link without permission either (though I do like Jon's work, especially the grading quizzes, and have to respect how hard he tried to work to keep supplying DC books at least somewhat legally), but since he has limited himself to public domain scans (well, using the same guidelines as we do here, including the weird "Fawcett doesn't count" bit), there's no legal problem with linking.

Even if the GM guy comes a-knockin', all he can do is complain that someone else is providing things that are in the public domain.  Even the most liberal reading of the DMCA doesn't help him there.
ip icon Logged

Dr. Mindshadow

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2009, 12:17:29 AM »

The ABPC shows these two comics as scanned.  I'll see if I can locate them from scanners over there and post them here if I do.

Thanks a ton Jon. :) Whose GM? What site are guys talking about? Whats ABPC?
« Last Edit: June 10, 2009, 12:22:37 AM by Dr. Mindshadow »
ip icon Logged

Dr. Mindshadow

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2009, 01:52:52 PM »

Never mind I can't download from rapidshare.com. What should I do?
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2009, 04:02:50 PM »

A note to Dr. M this site is dedicated to only legal public domain scans. We have a policy not to discuss other sites or means that carry bootleg scans. Sorry but we want to make sure that this site stays unblemished and unbothered by legal action for years to come.
ip icon Logged

bchat

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2009, 04:59:19 PM »

Assuming we're all talking about the same place, I mean.  Not that there are too many options.

I'm thinking that we probably are, since like you say, there are not a lot of options for downloading comics, and out of the sites out there that host comics files, I'm sure not too many have both Bulletman 3 and 7.

Dr Mindshadow - I wish I could tell you what to type into a search engine to find the site I'm referring to without breaking this site's policy, but everything I tried gave me results for every website BUT the one I was trying to get to ... and I know what it is I'm looking for!
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2009, 05:37:18 PM »

Guys PLEASE use the Private Message Option here.

Click the little 'word balloon' under the name of the person you want to talk privately to.
Or use the Email option which is the 'letter' icon also found under the person you would be sending to.

Thanks,
-Yoc
ip icon Logged

Dr. Mindshadow

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2009, 06:53:04 PM »

A note to Dr. M this site is dedicated to only legal public domain scans. We have a policy not to discuss other sites or means that carry bootleg scans. Sorry but we want to make sure that this site stays unblemished and unbothered by legal action for years to come.

I understand. If theirs something thats not PD then I will ask if any one knows where I can get it legaly.
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.