in house dollar bill thumbnail
In-House Image
 Total: 42,820 books
 New: 189 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Hello Nice People!

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Hello Nice People!  (Read 6933 times)

larrytalbot

• VIP
message icon
Hello Nice People!
« on: December 15, 2006, 02:27:11 AM »

I'm happy to find your site!  Found it just browsing comic book sites on Google.  Golden Age comics are my favorites.  I accumulated a number of them back when $5 was considered an exhorbitant price to pay for an old 10 cent comic!  I'm interested in the Fawcett line, especially Captain Marvel & family.  Would like to share what I have with you, and in turn am looking forward to downloading yours.  Kind of like trading comics again!

I hope you will answer a few questions.  I'm new to computing, so please bear with me.

(1) I downloaded Capt Marvel Adv #4.  It was almost 30 MB, and the individual pages were too large for the screen and had to be scrolled to view a whole page.  Is it possible to reduce the size of the file and also the size of the pages so that each page can be viewed without having to scroll?

(2) Is there a limit to the number of downloads that a registered member can make after signing in?

(3) How do I arrange uploading to your site?

Thanks very much!
ip icon Logged

Aratak

• VIP
message icon
Re: Hello Nice People!
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2006, 02:46:54 AM »

Hiya, Larry! Welcome to Golden Age madness!

(1) Have you downloaded CDisplay to view the files? If not, do so. If you have, right-click on the large page, go to 'configure' and set the size to whatever you like. Clicking on "Fit If Oversize (C+S=F)" should do what you want.

I'll let the site administrators handle the others, as I've been busy and haven't checked about lately.
ip icon Logged

Serj

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2006, 02:18:41 PM »

2) Limit is 150MB a day or 25 files per day (whatever limit you hit first). This is refreshed every day, if your bandwidth doesn't get refreshed after 24 hours please log in to site and visit the User Control Panel and it should update.

3) PM me or Aussie500 asking for upload details and we will PM you back ftp details.
ip icon Logged

larrytalbot

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2006, 02:33:56 AM »

Many thanks, Aratak.
Your info solved my problem.  Can now view pages without scrolling.
ip icon Logged

larrytalbot

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2006, 02:49:12 AM »

Thanks for your reply, Serj!

Yes, do send me info on how to upload comics to your site.  Please bear in mind that I'm total beginner in computer world, including computer jargon, & will need simple directions (I had to consult Google to learn that PM meant "personal message!). 

I have Visioneer 0neTouch 9000 USB scanner, and am connected to internet by cable broadband (lowest speed). 
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2006, 12:45:40 AM »

Welcome to the site Larry.
And remember, everyone was a 'newbie' at some point.

Enjoy the goodies!
-Yoc
ip icon Logged

larrytalbot

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2006, 11:46:01 AM »

Thanks, Y0C, nice to meet you!

My first experience with a message board.  A little bewildering right now.   Will take me a while to learn where everything is & which gizmos to press.  Navigating now by the seat of my pants!  But all worth the trouble for the Big Red Cheese & other GA pals.

Tried to make a donation, but playpal seems not to accept it.  Hope to work it out soon.
ip icon Logged

Serj

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2006, 04:55:40 PM »

Thanks, Y0C, nice to meet you!

My first experience with a message board.  A little bewildering right now.   Will take me a while to learn where everything is & which gizmos to press.  Navigating now by the seat of my pants!  But all worth the trouble for the Big Red Cheese & other GA pals.

Tried to make a donation, but playpal seems not to accept it.  Hope to work it out soon.

What problems your getting with the donation?

Let me know if I can help with anything.
Thanks
ip icon Logged

larrytalbot

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2006, 07:34:50 AM »

Hi Serj.  filled out info  paypal asked for.  They said they would e-mail confirmation.  that was 3 days ago, but no reply from them.

I have not done any business with paypal before, so I checked them out on the net.  From what I learned, I don't want to get involved with paypal.
Rather, I would prefer to send a donation by money order, if you give me an address where I can mail it.

Thanks
ip icon Logged
Comic Book Plus In-House Image

luciano

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: luciano
message icon
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2006, 11:46:45 AM »

Hi Serj.  filled out info  paypal asked for.  They said they would e-mail confirmation.  that was 3 days ago, but no reply from them.

I have not done any business with paypal before, so I checked them out on the net.  From what I learned, I don't want to get involved with paypal.
Rather, I would prefer to send a donation by money order, if you give me an address where I can mail it.

Thanks

I would not use paypal anymore to make payments of any kind.
I had a problem with a +$1500
payment and never received the goods. Reclamations to paypal where of no help
(the solution they suggested was to call the police for internet crime!).
Fortunately I paid with credit card and could order a  chargeback from my bank office and recover my money.

see  http://paypalsucks.com  for more information

ip icon Logged

Serj

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2006, 12:51:04 PM »

Thanks

I don't do mailing donations sorry. Reason we use paypal is that its an easy option for us to take donations etc and without paypal none of our sites would exist as our server is paid via paypal via the funds. We never have anymore than $200 in account at anyone time so we would never lose alot if paypal went nasty on us, but we have used them for 3+ years now with no problems.

With a global company anyway like ebay/paypal chances are your bound to have people who hate you or you do things wrong, you cant please 100% of people.

Also you don't need to be a paypal user to donate to site as theres an option to donate via your card and not your paypal account.

Serj
ip icon Logged

cimmerian32

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2006, 04:14:21 PM »

I have used Paypal extensively (over 1300 transactions) since 2003...  Never one problem!  I have read their bad press, and it seems to be all from people who don't follow the instructions.  my 2c.

Cimm
ip icon Logged

larrytalbot

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2006, 07:24:51 AM »

Thanks for feedback everyone.  Two votes for (Cimmerian32 & Serj), one big! vote ($1500, Luciano) against paypal.  As computer beginner, I want to keep things simple as possible, and would rather not get involved with yet another third-party payer in addition to my credit card.  Serj, thanks for pointing out that your donor site has a credit card option.  I didn't see it last time.  Will try again.
ip icon Logged

Aratak

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2006, 12:24:46 AM »

For what it's worth, I've used Paypal dozens of times without a problem. Still, it certainly does pay to be careful, what with phishing scams and such creating bogus doppelganger sites.
ip icon Logged

larrytalbot

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2006, 04:43:10 AM »

Agreed, Aratak.  that's why I want to keep things simple, till I know more about how things work in the computer world.  By the way, I finally was able to post a donation with my credit card without  getting involved with paypal. 

Next on my agenda is to learn how to upload my comics to this fine site!
ip icon Logged

Serj

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2006, 05:52:49 AM »

Agreed, Aratak.  that's why I want to keep things simple, till I know more about how things work in the computer world.  By the way, I finally was able to post a donation with my credit card without  getting involved with paypal. 

Next on my agenda is to learn how to upload my comics to this fine site!

I have not had any donation from anymore in last few days so if you posted a donation can you double check who you sent it to or make sure it went though.

ip icon Logged

larrytalbot

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2006, 08:20:17 AM »

Hi Serj,

my donation was accepted couple days ago.  I got your PM confirming that. Thanks for adjusting my download quota.  But, just to set the record straight on this string, I paste here the receipt I got from paypal (though I paid through my credit card, and not paypal).

Thanks.
------------------------------------------------------------------

This email confirms that you have paid supportus@goldenagecomics.co.uk $25.00 USD using PayPal.
This credit card transaction will appear on your bill as "PAYPAL *ZCULTFM".

Payment Details

Item Price:  $25.00 USD
Total:  $25.00 USD
Item/Product Name:  Support GoldenAgeComics.co.uk

Receipt Number: 4994-4052-6721-2604

Keep your Receipt Number (shown above) for future reference. You will need to refer to this number if you need customer service from supportus@goldenagecomics.co.uk or from PayPal.

If you have questions about your purchase, such as shipping and tracking, we encourage you to contact the seller, supportus@goldenagecomics.co.uk at supportus@goldenagecomics.co.uk.

If you have been unable to resolve your questions with the merchant, PayPal offers a free buyer complaint resolution service that offers a quick, easy resolution to your concerns. It covers physical goods purchases made through PayPal, and is offered at no charge when you register for a free PayPal account. To sign up for an account, click on the 'Save My Info' link above.

Thank you for using PayPal!
The PayPal Team
ip icon Logged

Serj

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2006, 05:27:59 PM »

Yeh all sorted. Your donation wasnt on the page but once I searched for your email addy in paypal is showed it.

Thanks for helping the donation fund :)
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2006, 09:40:27 PM »

« Last Edit: January 15, 2007, 06:23:34 AM by boox909 »
ip icon Logged

Serj

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2006, 12:27:50 PM »

Yeh got your donation thanks boox. I missed Mr Bots because when removing 2 from the paypal list I checked his my accident before reading it and for some reason donation emails not being sent to my inbox right now so gotta fix now soon.
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.