in house dollar bill thumbnail
In-House Image
 Total: 42,820 books
 New: 187 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Blue Flame and Fire

Pages: 1 [2] 3

topic icon Author Topic: Blue Flame and Fire  (Read 28009 times)

DOC

• VIP
message icon
Re: Blue Flame and Fire
« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2009, 02:48:26 AM »

Thanks Yoc, will let you know.
ip icon Logged

DOC

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2009, 07:27:01 PM »

Sorry, between visiting my kids and going to CCC last Sunday (which was weird in itself) I haven't had time to scan but hope so tomorrow.
ip icon Logged

rez

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2009, 03:33:19 AM »

Sorry, between visiting my kids and going to CCC last Sunday (which was weird in itself) I haven't had time to scan but hope so tomorrow.

What's CCC?
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2009, 04:56:24 AM »

What's CCC?

The Chicago-Comic Con was this past weekend. DOC attended and appeared to have enjoyed himself from other posts I've seen.

I attended CCC as a guest back in the late 1990s (back when I was doing things in the comics industry that would have qualified me as 'guest worthy') and had so much fun -- I mean serious fun!!!  ;D Not quite "what happens in vega" level fun, but fun nonetheless.

B.  ;D
ip icon Logged

rez

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2009, 06:15:30 AM »

What's CCC?

The Chicago-Comic Con was this past weekend. DOC attended and appeared to have enjoyed himself from other posts I've seen.

I attended CCC as a guest back in the late 1990s (back when I was doing things in the comics industry that would have qualified me as 'guest worthy') and had so much fun -- I mean serious fun!!!  ;D Not quite "what happens in vega" level fun, but fun nonetheless.

B.  ;D

I recall now. Thanks.
A while back a buddy and I were discussing the possibility of going seeing the distance around a mere 350 miles but nothing panned out of the conversation.

Ah, it's great being young.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, 01:14:49 PM by Yoc »
ip icon Logged

DOC

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2009, 03:09:33 PM »

I did enjoy myseld but I did hear some disturbing stuff like the local strip joint (Admiral Theater) having a booth. I'm not a prude but kids go to these things.
I am hoping to see how it goes next year. Artist Alley was fun and they made a lot more sale due to the big publishers not being there.
Lotta of GA stuff for sale.
ip icon Logged

rez

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2009, 04:43:10 PM »

I did enjoy myseld but I did hear some disturbing stuff like the local strip joint (Admiral Theater) having a booth. I'm not a prude but kids go to these things.
I am hoping to see how it goes next year. Artist Alley was fun and they made a lot more sale due to the big publishers not being there.
Lotta of GA stuff for sale.

Buddy and I've been kicking around the idea of going to the Oklahoma Show ifthey have one this fall. Here's a link to a show last year. Heard it was directed more towards Golden/Silver Ages without the modern media hype stuff.
http://oafcon2008.blogspot.com/

Cheers
ip icon Logged

DOC

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2009, 08:25:13 PM »

Yep, I have them in my favorites, some Houston Retailers I know go to it. Wish I could go too. I think Bill Schelly is going.
ip icon Logged

DOC

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2009, 09:27:57 PM »

Tried to scan those fiche I had but no luck. Still woulf like ti get a scan of that comoc, I'll pay to have it done.
ip icon Logged

rez

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #34 on: October 19, 2009, 12:16:55 AM »

Tried to scan those fiche I had but no luck. Still woulf like ti get a scan of that comoc, I'll pay to have it done.

I didn't make it to the show either. Hope they post pics on the site like they did last year.

Copying fiche files is a world of it's own, aye?
ip icon Logged

Guardian7

message icon
WHAM #2 + Centaur Stuff
« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2009, 10:57:01 PM »

So does this mean that we might see the "FABLED" Wham comics #2 soon?
Cause frankly I was beginning to think it was a myth (LOL).

I would really LOVE to see this particular issue!

I want to see the Blue Fire and Solarman stories (and curious about the Buzzard one, plus whatever other Detectives/Goverment Agents/Reporters they may have in it).

Anyone have a status for ARROW # 2? I have #1 & #3

Speaking of that... Are all the Arrow stuff reprints from the Funny Pages stuff? (Does that apply also with the Fantom stuff in Fantoman?).

I am also seeking the last pages of Dinosaur Island (From AMC #7)... mine just abruptly ends (So I think it may have been lost or missing).

Great subject on the scanning techniques used for fiche... I know that in the Archives department of Michigan State in Lansing, MI they have fishe machines that can do printouts of the images... but they are horribly grainy and in Black and White (Which is how I originally got most of my initial introduction to most of the AMC issues).

Thanks!
G7
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #36 on: October 19, 2009, 11:19:55 PM »

Eventually JVJ (Jim) will have his Centaur books back and our JVJ Project Scanners can start requesting them.
No ETA on when that will start to happen though.

AMC #7 fiche scans are on the site here - http://tinyurl.com/yz8b9ds

-Yoc
ip icon Logged
Comic Book Plus In-House Image

JVJ

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
« Reply #37 on: October 20, 2009, 12:15:21 AM »

Eventually JVJ (Jim) will have his Centaur books back and our JVJ Project Scanners can start requesting them.
No ETA on when that will start to happen though.

AMC #7 fiche scans are on the site here - http://tinyurl.com/yz8b9ds

-Yoc

At some point, Yoc,
I really have to find out when I might get the books back. It's been several months now, and I don't want to push, but it would be nice to have them available for scanning.

(|:{>
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #38 on: October 20, 2009, 12:36:29 AM »

No problem on our part Jim.
Just give a shout in the JVJ Lounge when they are available.
:)
ip icon Logged

Guardian7

message icon
« Reply #39 on: October 20, 2009, 12:03:57 PM »

I seriously am just all excited about eventually getting my hands on the Blue Fire and Solarman stories (I'll probably be bitterly disappointed... LOL). Waiting a bit longer is not a huge deal... just nice to know someone actually has it.

G7
ip icon Logged

DOC

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #40 on: October 20, 2009, 01:48:20 PM »

Sorry the scanning experiment didn't work with my scanner. Can anyone describe the character for me as I am doing an GA mural and would like him in it.

Just in penciling stage.
ip icon Logged

crimsoncrusader

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #41 on: October 20, 2009, 06:35:04 PM »

I'm guessing you want to see Blue Fire
http://pdsh.wikia.com/wiki/Blue_Fire
ip icon Logged

Guardian7

message icon
« Reply #42 on: October 22, 2009, 02:37:20 PM »

So does someone have WHAM #2 avalible now? Even if you can't scan it... can you take a digital photo of Blue Fire, Buzzard and Solar Man... so we can have a better look at them?

If it is going to take even a bit longer to transfer them... would it be okay to ask if maybe you could do a synopsis of the stories involving them (along with the foes).

I have a couple of pics of Solarman... like the one that is my Avatar and I have a semi-clear colored full body one as well (Though I can't remember for the life of me where I got it from. Some other forum I think).

Anyhow. I don't want to be a pain with all the questions and requests. I just figure it can't hurt to ask.

Thanks irregardless.

G7/Les
ip icon Logged

bchat

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: bchat
message icon
« Reply #43 on: October 22, 2009, 03:46:44 PM »

I have a couple of pics of Solarman... like the one that is my Avatar and I have a semi-clear colored full body one as well (Though I can't remember for the life of me where I got it from. Some other forum I think).

The CentaurUniverse Yahoo Group has both pictures of Solarman you're referring to.
ip icon Logged

crimsoncrusader

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #44 on: October 23, 2009, 04:09:57 PM »

The Blue Fire pict is cropped from an image of the cover of Wham #2. You can see at the Grand Comic Database.
ip icon Logged

comicsnorth

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #45 on: October 23, 2009, 08:24:34 PM »

I believe that Blue Fire may have looked slightly different in the actual story than he did on the cover.  Of course, we can't confirm that until the story actually gets scanned.  I'm still reeling from the fact that Man of War was miscolored in all of his cover appearances!

-comicsnorth
ip icon Logged

Guardian7

message icon
« Reply #46 on: October 24, 2009, 11:57:11 PM »

Seems to me like in the Man of War stories there were a quite a few problems with being consistant with his looks as well as the coloring.

God knows try to map out the costume for TNT Todd. Great looking chara... but his costume can be a jumbled mess to figure out. I finally sat down and did a template of it and figured it out. Though his lack of a head and face make him difficult to put into all kind of positions... it is doable.

G7
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #47 on: October 25, 2009, 06:51:09 AM »

Hey G7,
If you want to see the variety of costumes many GA heroes wore in one place check out this great site!
http://www.geocities.com/copperagecomics/index.html
It works best in MS Explorer - put your mouse over the image to see the name of the character.  Doesn't work in Firefox.

-Yoc
ip icon Logged

bchat

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: bchat
message icon
« Reply #48 on: October 25, 2009, 03:38:22 PM »

If you want to see the variety of costumes many GA heroes wore in one place check out this great site!
http://www.geocities.com/copperagecomics/index.html

To any and all:  If you have a geocities site, or frequently visit one, or were planning to check one out, do it soon.  Yahoo is shutting-down all the GeoCities sites on October 26.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #49 on: October 25, 2009, 08:42:55 PM »

thanks for the heads up. BTW can anyone believe that a thread with this title has gone on this far?
ip icon Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.