in house dollar bill thumbnail
In-House Image
 Total: 42,818 books
 New: 193 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Re: Password not working

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Re: Password not working  (Read 6328 times)

Astaldo711

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
« on: August 04, 2009, 05:51:17 PM »

I was able to log into the forums okay, but not the main site. I have the same username/password for both but when I submit my password on the main site, I get this error;
Error: Login failed... The password does not match the one in our records.
Failed inside $this->usertype->do_login()
. If you believe this to be in error, please quote the above error and report this to the admin

I have Firefox but couldn't find anything about no scripts in the addons.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2009, 07:05:04 AM by Yoc »
ip icon Logged

Brainster

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: Brainster
message icon
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2009, 02:51:29 AM »

Just mentioning that I'm getting this message:

Error: Login failed... The password does not match the one in our records.
. If you believe this to be in error, please quote the above error and report this to the admin

Willing to wait for a day or two, just wanted to note it.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2009, 03:41:12 AM »

I am getting it too also has
{userdb_js} in the upper left corner of the main page
ip icon Logged

OtherEric

message icon
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2009, 04:26:22 AM »

Same here; and Narf and I can't get to the control panel to try and fix stuff if we can't get in!
ip icon Logged

John C

message icon
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2009, 05:03:37 PM »

I doubt this tells anybody anything or helps anybody, but if it does, I'm in, presumably by virtue of never having logged out.  But I do have the peculiar "{userdb_js}" in the upper left, as well.

That tag turns up some very interesting results on Google, by the way.
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2009, 03:56:44 AM »

Serj is aware of the problem and is trying to fix it gang.
For now only admins and mods can directly add scans to the site and only by one method:
USING THE UPLOAD FILE LINK ON THE SITE.
I've just added Fight84 (fixed) as a test of the Upload File link.  It worked fine.
(Note your normal user name should be showing as logged in.  If it doesn't appear then mod uploads will have to be approved later.

Normal members and VIPs can still use this upload method but the files wont go 'live' on the site until Serj can correct the problem.

-Yoc
« Last Edit: October 17, 2009, 02:33:28 PM by Yoc »
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2009, 05:20:03 AM »

If you can not log in how can it know that you are a mod or JVJscanner
ip icon Logged

OtherEric

message icon
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2009, 05:29:14 AM »

Some people have their settings so they stay logged in, or they never close all their browser windows, or something else.  If you were in, you're still good.   As for me, I'm way out...
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2009, 10:16:51 AM »

Thank you Eric you are correct. On this laptop I am good to go on other I am out.
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2009, 02:35:56 PM »

Your membership title is listed under your name Narf - 'Global Moderator' in the case of you and OtherEric.
Nice to hear you are logged in on on laptop.  That should mean your uploads will go live once they've finished using the UPLOAD FILE link.
:)
ip icon Logged

Guardian7

message icon
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2009, 02:23:33 AM »

Hello.
I haven't been here in a while and I am a huge Centaur fan.
I have tried to log in as well and for some reason I can't either (I have tried doing what was suggested and I have waited a few days as well), Any suggestions? is it possible that I have been gone too long? ComicsNorth (actual friend of mine) said you guys had a crash and it is possible that maybe my info was wiped out.
Anyway to check this? or should I just keep trying?
Thanks in any case.

G7
ip icon Logged
Comic Book Plus In-House Image

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2009, 06:57:38 AM »

As mention in the announcement-
there has been a failed attempt to upgrade the software running the site.
None of the admins or mods can access the control panel for the site to add new scans OR FIX BROKEN PASSWORDS.

Please be patient and check back in a while.

As long as you can see "{userdb_js}" in the top left of the site you likely can't log in.
Sorry.

-Yoc
ip icon Logged

John C

message icon
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2009, 01:19:38 PM »

Perhaps a short blurb should be added to the FAQ or the news blurb up top?  The avatar scoop seems to pale in comparison.
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
Re: Re: Password not working
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2009, 03:10:46 PM »

Already added to the FAQ.  Working on the other John.
I'm guessing any Mod/JVJ Scanner who selected 'always logged in' should still be able to upload.
I'm adding a couple books today.  I just wish my upload speed was faster than 'paint drying'

-Yoc
ip icon Logged

John C

message icon
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2009, 05:19:49 PM »

Yeah, figured I'd mention it in case everybody else thought it was too obvious.  I used to say I made my career on being the one person in the room willing to ask the stupidest question...

And yeah, while there are good reasons not to do it if you have added authority or share a computer, those of us who never log out and check the "stay logged in" box when possible keep our access.

I briefly considered the idea that it might be possible to write a browser cookie that makes the site think you did this, but it'd be over my head and probably a huge security hole, if it worked.  There's probably a unique identifier that needs to match up to the database or something.
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2009, 05:23:59 PM »

It's all Greek to me John.
Bottom line is the open source version of the software doesn't want to play nice with the closed source version of the software.  Until Serj can sort it we stay in this holding pattern.  I sure hope not that many members have been affected.  It's bad enough that we mods and admin can't log in to add new books...

-Yoc
ip icon Logged

John C

message icon
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2009, 06:09:09 PM »

Oh.  Ew.

Yeah, I know what's going on.  Not in an "I can fix it" kind of way, mind you, but I know how we got here.

Stupid question that I don't wanna test (because it has the possibility of a longer-term lockout) - Is there an "I forgot my password" option?  Perhaps just having the site create a new password under the new system will work.

For those who care, my best guess is that the encryption algorithm used in the commercial software was licensed.  That would mean that the Open Source version needs something else, meaning that no password can be recognized (and it can't be fixed).  If that's the case, then resetting your password would create it so that it can be read properly.

In theory.  Alternatively, doing that could put the password somewhere the software doesn't wanna look and make the account worse...
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2009, 06:30:33 PM »

I think the message board here has the 'lost password option' but I've no idea on the main site.
And I can't get in to check.  :(
ip icon Logged

Guardian7

message icon
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2009, 08:37:26 PM »

I was under the impression I needed to be logged in to "download" from your site.
Apparently I don't. As I have downloaded several comics since I posted my problem with the password thing. Just thought if I should mention that.

Thanks guys.
Beautiful site by the way. You guys have done an extremely GORGEOUS job of rescuing so many lost characters.

G7
ip icon Logged

John C

message icon
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2009, 10:28:22 PM »

I think the message board here has the 'lost password option' but I've no idea on the main site.
And I can't get in to check.  :(

No, if it was there (it isn't), it'd be on the login page.  Although I've worked with people--professional, degreed programmers--who put features like that behin the "login wall" without realizing nobody could ever use it...

Don't know if it's unsupported or just needs to be turned on, in this case, without tracking down the software.
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2009, 10:45:12 PM »

The actual open source version of the software is available at this link John:
http://www.rwscripts.com/rwdownload/rwdownload.zip

-Yoc
ip icon Logged

Mikeall

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: Mikeall
message icon
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2009, 12:36:29 PM »

same error: Error: Login failed... The password does not match the one in our records.

Hope it's fixed soon.

Mikeall
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2009, 10:56:30 PM »

Sorry Mikeall, no news to report.
But many are still able to download even without logging in.
Give it a try.

-Yoc
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.