in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,816 books
 New: 194 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Uploaders, please read this.

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Uploaders, please read this.  (Read 1778 times)

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
Uploaders, please read this.
« on: January 27, 2019, 04:38:22 PM »

Attributions.
I've been meaning to do this for a while.  Recently, I've noticed some uploads that have had comments by other members saying the file was scanned by them, usually some time ago. Yet it looks like the uploader also scanned it as there is no note to the contrary.
It would be a good idea if when uploading a file you haven't scanned yourself to at least mark it unknown.
If you know where you found the scan, a note to that effect would help.
So, an upload could look like this:-
"Uploaded   September 8, 2016  by pawbroon/scanner unknown"

in this example, I uploaded a file but I don't know who scanned it.

If you know where the scan originated leave a note on the index card.

I've been doing it round the wrong way so from now on I'll follow this layout.
Always good and polite to give credit where it's due, or at least note that you didn't do all the work yourself, which is a particularly important point to remember for folk like me who excavate files from all sorts of obscure corners of the internet. ;)
ip icon Logged

cbpdc1

message icon
Re: Uploaders, please read this.
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2019, 03:50:05 PM »

paw broon, do you know of any free service to help remove IFrame from a website ?
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2019, 04:28:29 PM »

Sorry, old bean, I don't. I've read up on IFrame but I'm pretty useless with the complicated computery stuff.
ip icon Logged

The Australian Panther

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2019, 11:44:37 PM »

do you know of any free service to help remove IFrame from a website ?

I can't help you personally but if I were you I would would use a search engine and look for a help forum on that subject.Use this query and you will get a number of answers.
[how to remove iframe from website]
Looks like you will have to get the help of a friend who knows how to work in command line with Java.   
Here's a site with comprehensive info on IFrame.
https://www.lifewire.com/when-to-use-iframes-3468667

Cheers.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2019, 11:50:26 PM by The Australian Panther »
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.