in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,817 books
 New: 194 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Worlds of Fear #8 (ATTN Billy Batson & Darkmark)

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Worlds of Fear #8 (ATTN Billy Batson & Darkmark)  (Read 4227 times)

JonTheScanner

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
Worlds of Fear #8 (ATTN Billy Batson & Darkmark)
« on: August 21, 2009, 12:34:14 AM »

I believe this was an original scan by Billy Batson with fills by Darkmark.  The fills are front cover and back cover and maybe the 18th interior page (page 20 counting the front cover as page 1) which is a fiche scan of an ad.  But this ad is clearly an offer to "Readers of Daredevil".  Can anyone check and see what ad should be there?

ip icon Logged

JVJ

message icon
Re: Worlds of Fear #8 (ATTN Billy Batson & Darkmark)
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2009, 01:24:05 AM »

I believe this was an original scan by Billy Batson with fills by Darkmark.  The fills are front cover and back cover and maybe the 18th interior page (page 20 counting the front cover as page 1) which is a fiche scan of an ad.  But this ad is clearly an offer to "Readers of Daredevil".  Can anyone check and see what ad should be there?

If no one fill in this info, Jon,
let me know and I'll check for you.
(|:{>
ip icon Logged

JonTheScanner

message icon
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2009, 01:33:37 AM »

Actually looking more closely at the issue I see that the sixth and seventh page of the first story are clearly both from the left-hand side of a full-page spread, so there is a missing page between these two pages, and the continuity would seem to indicate a story page is missing.  GCD is down now (and may well be for a while) so I can't check to see if the first story should be 9 or 10 pages. 

I do believe I have fills for the ifc and ibc.  I'll post thumbnails of those here if someone tells me how to do that.
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2009, 04:01:40 AM »

Hi Jon,
It's easy to add a scan or text file now.  Hit REPLAY and at the bottom click "Additional Options"

-Yoc
ip icon Logged

JonTheScanner

message icon
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2009, 11:02:09 PM »

Thanks Yoc,  I'll try to do things here then.

Worlds of Fear #8 as uploaded is missing its inside front cover and inside back cover.  I believe the small scans below show what pages should be there.

The Amazing Gift Offer page was included.  This page clearly says "To readers of Daredevil."   The ad might be in the comic, but it's unlikely it's exactly like this.

Finally, pages 6 and 7 of the first story are both left hand pages so there is a missing page between them which I believe to be a story page.  If there is a missing page, then there are 36 pages w/o the fiche scan.  The missing page would come right after the one I show.
ip icon Logged

JVJ

message icon
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2009, 12:19:11 AM »

Thanks Yoc,  I'll try to do things here then.

Worlds of Fear #8 as uploaded is missing its inside front cover and inside back cover.  I believe the small scans below show what pages should be there.

The Amazing Gift Offer page was included.  This page clearly says "To readers of Daredevil."   The ad might be in the comic, but it's unlikely it's exactly like this.

Finally, pages 6 and 7 of the first story are both left hand pages so there is a missing page between them which I believe to be a story page.  If there is a missing page, then there are 36 pages w/o the fiche scan.  The missing page would come right after the one I show.

Hey, Jon,
I'm uploading ifc, ibc and page007 into a folder under JVJ named Worlds-Of-Fear-008. They're 240ppi .tiff files. Those are the missing pages. The encyclopedia ad page is NOT in the book anywhere. I don't know how to integrate these pages into the existing scans, so I'll leave that to you. I hope that's okay.

(|:{>
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2009, 01:55:05 AM »

Thanks for your help Jim!
Let me know when it's ready and I'll add it Jon.
Nice detective work as usual.
:)
ip icon Logged

JonTheScanner

message icon
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2009, 02:40:51 AM »

Going up now
along with Horse Feathers #1 a JVJon scan
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2009, 02:53:13 AM »

Worlds of Fear now up
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.