in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,817 books
 New: 194 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

CB+ Down?

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: CB+ Down?  (Read 3209 times)

poppalarge

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: poppalarge
message icon
CB+ Down?
« on: March 13, 2019, 11:22:23 PM »

Hi!
The site's been down for me for almost 2 days, is anyone else having this problem? The forum is working fine, obviously. Any word on what's going on?
ip icon Logged

dbw1957

message icon
Re: CB+ Down?
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2019, 11:41:44 PM »

I'm having the same problem. 
ip icon Logged

SuperScrounge

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2019, 04:34:24 AM »

Yep, been getting an "Http error 500" whenever I try to go to look at the comics..
ip icon Logged

positronic1

message icon
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2019, 04:37:34 AM »

Same here. When trying to view the scans, I get either "Http error 500" or just a plain blank white screen.
ip icon Logged

MarkWarner

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2019, 08:33:52 AM »

The hosting providers made an update, which does not appear to have gone very well!

From what I have been told (3 times now) we are not alone and are in the queue. A tad frustrating to be honest
ip icon Logged

Frank Randle

message icon
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2019, 05:44:49 PM »

Many Thanks Mark for the info about the reason for the "Http error 500" message. Patience is a virtue.
ip icon Logged

SuperScrounge

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2019, 03:44:46 AM »

Hey! I was just able to look at a comic! Woohoo! Hope this means the site is fully back up and not just a fluke.  :)
ip icon Logged

MarkWarner

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2019, 06:37:59 AM »

Just like Rasputin, this site is very hard to kill (I hope)
ip icon Logged

The Australian Panther

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2019, 09:40:46 AM »

Good to see CB+ again. But there might still be some issues. The Box of links on the right hand side of the page does not seem to be working properly. 'Latest Comics' comes up at first but if you click away on another link in the box, you lose it. The Random 12 list does not come up at all. I clicked on ' my last views' and got it, but then I got 'my last views' on every other link. And is the list on ' latest comics' correct? Have there been no new uploads since the site went down?

Cheers!       
ip icon Logged

hqbrum

message icon
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2019, 05:20:53 PM »

Here I was having the error message but the weird part was with Chrome, when I clicked on the CB+ button on the favorite bar it download some file without extension oO. Today I was able to open the site with the incognito window  (crtl+shift+n), made a new favorite and it's all ok now. But I have no idea what was going on.
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.