in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,816 books
 New: 194 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Buck Ryan # 42

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Buck Ryan # 42  (Read 1297 times)

neil meikle

• VIP
message icon
Re: Buck Ryan # 42
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2019, 03:30:54 AM »

I would like to thank both you and Paw Broon for the wonderful job you are doing Wiseman. Starting a Saturday morning with a cup of tea and a Buck Ryan is getting to be a bit of a ritual with me and I'll be quite disappointed when you run out of stories. Could either of you tell me if the stories that featured in Super Detective Library were Daily Mirror reprints or originals done for the book please? Thanks again.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2019, 03:33:11 AM by neil meikle »
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2019, 07:51:49 AM »

The SDL stories were all Mirror reprints, cut and edited to fit the pocket library size pages.
As I'm  currently trying to change to a new pc, I'll not be able to compile any new stories for a few days.  Sorry. I'll get back to it as soon as I can.  Wouldn't want to ruin your Saturday mornings ;)
ip icon Logged

wiseman

message icon
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2019, 12:43:07 PM »

Alas, Paw Broon is right, the stories on SDL are not useful for restoring the Buck Ryan saga. In fact, I work on material from Italian, Australian, French and Portuguese sources. And of course the online pages of Dailly Mirror (which are generally ugly). My goal is to complete the entire post-war run by the beginning of 2020. Better this is my goal: some stories are still missing, but I hope to find them soon.
I don't want to ruin your Saturdays either!

ip icon Logged

The Australian Panther

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2019, 01:56:57 PM »

Wiseman and Paw Broon, what you men are doing with Buck Ryan is above and beyond the call of duty and i'm sure the new posts are eagerly awaited by most of us.
Keep on keeping on!
ip icon Logged

wiseman

message icon
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2019, 04:44:43 PM »

Australian Panter, for me is to pay a debt contract when I was a boy. In Italy, in the Fifties, we saw a lot of comics from England. I can say that Dan Dare (ah, Dan Dare...), Rick Random, Buck Ryan and, little after, Jeff Hawke (I am proud to own an autograph or Sidney Jordan, the Master) were among the few best things of my complicated childhood. Now that a masterpiece like the work of Monk and Freeman is almost forgotten in his country, I try to make up for it as much as possible. The child of that time owes it to old Buck, Zola, Twilight, Ma-the Cache and Inspector Horatio Page.
ip icon Logged

ghmcleod

message icon
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2019, 07:05:46 AM »

Thanks wiseman for the Srubber comic.
Very enjoyable.
Sort of TV sitcomish.
ip icon Logged

wiseman

message icon
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2019, 10:28:38 AM »

You are welcome. Yes, more "Murder she wrote" than Dashiell Hammett.
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.