in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,816 books
 New: 194 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

A Question About Silver Streak Comics #7.

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: A Question About Silver Streak Comics #7.  (Read 2697 times)

Dr. Mindshadow

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: Dr. Mindshadow
message icon
A Question About Silver Streak Comics #7.
« on: October 04, 2009, 12:53:05 AM »

Hi, for some reason whenever I try and view this comic a window comes up and says "this application has requested that the Runtime be terminated in an unusual way. please contact the applications support team for more information." After this program stops working. I do not understand why as I have tried other downloads from this site using the same program and find that they are working alright. Is there a problem with the latest version of Comical? If not then what is wrong?

Also in order to make this version work I keep having to activate the setup wizard, is there a way to fix this?

Finally the Blue Bolt story in the self-titled comic's 10th issue is out of order and scattered throughout the book. Could this be fixed? I'll do it myself but I do not know how. 
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
Re: A Question About Silver Streak Comics #7.
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2009, 01:19:39 AM »

Learning is a good thing. If you would like to learn how. You can change the name of the file extension from cbr to rar or cbz to zip. Now you computer sees it as a standard compressed file. You compression program will open it as individual files. My guess is that if the BB story is the first story zeroes were not put in front of the single digit page numbers. You can rename the files putting in the zeroes. Or if that is not the case rename the files as best for proper sorting. Then right click the folder they are in and choose add to separate archive and make a new compressed file. Now change the new rar to cbr or new zip to cbz and test to see if it is in order for the reader and re-uploaded. Your efforts will be greatly appreciated. 
ip icon Logged

John C

message icon
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2009, 11:28:06 AM »

While I believe that other people here use Comical, your best bet for support would be the development team.  I don't use it, myself, but i assume there's a website listed in the Help/About section if you don't already know where it comes from.
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2009, 03:55:37 PM »

Rename any problem files as Narfstar suggests.  That will usually fix most files.

-Yoc
ip icon Logged

Dr. Mindshadow

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: Dr. Mindshadow
message icon
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2009, 05:01:56 PM »

Learning is a good thing. If you would like to learn how. You can change the name of the file extension from cbr to rar or cbz to zip. Now you computer sees it as a standard compressed file. You compression program will open it as individual files. My guess is that if the BB story is the first story zeroes were not put in front of the single digit page numbers. You can rename the files putting in the zeroes. Or if that is not the case rename the files as best for proper sorting. Then right click the folder they are in and choose add to separate archive and make a new compressed file. Now change the new rar to cbr or new zip to cbz and test to see if it is in order for the reader and re-uploaded. Your efforts will be greatly appreciated. 

How Do I  change the file format?
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2009, 05:17:25 PM »

If you right click a file it gives the choice to rename. You can change the extension also to the zip or rar as needed
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2009, 04:09:10 PM »

Yep, right click, select rename.
Change the file extension (the three letters after the "." ie .CBR or .CBZ should work)
Save.

-Yoc
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.