in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,818 books
 New: 193 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Hi, Everybody! I'm Dannis

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Hi, Everybody! I'm Dannis  (Read 1009 times)

dannistories

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: dannistories
message icon
Hi, Everybody! I'm Dannis
« on: October 12, 2009, 08:59:44 PM »

:) I'm a 50-something kid who never grew up. My 1st husband convinced me we were going to starve if we didn't sell everything, so I had to part with my two wonderful boxes of comics [sigh]. But, I'm glad to read some online that I never saw. I was mostly a Marvel and DC fan growing up, and my sister and I would buy different ones so we could read each other's. I always liked the older ones better; maybe because my parents grew up during the Depression and talked a lot about those days. I do have their love of history. My sister got a bachelor's in it!

My two daughters enjoy sf/f and cartoons, and my younger is into anime, but we enjoy graphic novels, too. Maggie still lives at home and attends Andrew College here in Cuthbert, GA, USA. My older daughter is a vet tech in Portland, OR. We have a cat and a cat-sized dog who get along very well, even though Aki the Silky Terrier came when Anya the Russian Blue was three. At first Anya was properly terrified, but now when Aki gets hyper, she lets him know she doesn't like it, and he calms right down. We got Anya from a no-kill shelter. Aki came from a pet shop [puppy mill territory, alas] because my ex felt sorry for him in the window. I tell everyone to just find a local chapter of AKC and get them to recommend a breeder who's in it for love, not money.

Now I'm disabled and write science fiction to keep myself occupied. I will be looking for sci-fi comics. Often as I read I come up with totally unrelated ideas that grow into stories  :D Aki and Anya stay on my bed all day as I write, and lately, as I try to get my Linux Ubuntu to play nice with Poser 8, Vue 7, and Pinnacle 12 [hard to use this one without sound!]. Ubuntu 9.04 has trouble working with some sound hardware, and I am still troubleshooting this. But, I like Ubuntu better than Windows Vista; I was having to reformat my hard drive about every six months because of viruses...I am up and running a lot more quickly because of Linux, but I am still trying to figure things out. But, I sure am having fun!

Y'all take care.
Dannis
http://dannistories.com
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
Re: Hi, Everybody! I'm Dannis
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2009, 09:12:38 PM »

Welcome to the message board Dannis.
There's a lot to read scans wise and we always welcome comments on almost any subject here on the board.
Heck, we even started a 'pets and children' topic some where around here.
:)
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
Re: Hi, Everybody! I'm Dannis
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2009, 09:38:17 PM »

Welcome Dannis. You find a group there that loves comics and pets. As Yoc mentioned there is a pet thread you will probably enjoy reading. Between us we saved our fair share of furry friends.
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.