in house dollar bill thumbnail
Comic Book Plus In-House Image
 Total: 42,879 books
 New: 98 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

List of Golden Age superheroines.

Pages: 1 [2]

topic icon Author Topic: List of Golden Age superheroines.  (Read 4977 times)

The Australian Panther

• VIP
message icon
Re: List of Golden Age superheroines.
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2020, 05:01:20 AM »

Well Robb, here goes -  No - tried it and did not succeed.
Where are they?
When I attach a quote, I hit the hit the quote button above, and insert the quote between the formatting that appears. Presumably I need to do that with the 'insert image' button above, before I insert the attachment?   

ip icon Logged

Robb_K

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2020, 07:06:36 AM »

Well Robb, here goes -  No - tried it and did not succeed.
Where are they?
When I attach a quote, I hit the hit the quote button above, and insert the quote between the formatting that appears. Presumably I need to do that with the 'insert image' button above, before I insert the attachment?  

Your description sounds like you are trying to use the "insert image" tool.  I succeeded in doing that, which ends up providing a larger image than trying to upload images as attachments.  So, I suggest you use the "insert image tool", as I did with the image below.

You need to whittle the memory size of your image down to 128 kb or less.  But that can be done automatically by your choosing a "thumbnail code from your image host website.  That means you can upload it as is (above 128 kb) onto an image hosting website.  To obtain the smallest upload size, you must choose the  "thumbnail" code. Then, return to this thread, and copy that embedding code into your post(e.g. clicking on the "insert image tool", which is the icon at the very left end of the lower of the 2 rows of posting tools situated just above the typing window.  Simply insert the address (code) between the icons after having clicked on the picture icon to get the start and end img icons to appear). 

I hope you understand what to do based on my description.  It's a bit tricky and complicated.  My hosting website includes a bunch of extra code AND an extra set of img icons that MUST be deleted, or you will have two SETS of image icons, which will prevent the upload.  You must copy and use ONLY the "address" situated BETWEEN  the img icons which was given to you by your hosting website after you clicked on the "thumbnail" button.

Good luck!

Robb
« Last Edit: August 22, 2021, 04:39:08 AM by Robb_K »
ip icon Logged

Electricmastro

message icon
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2020, 08:56:39 PM »

What about MLJ's Super Duck, Timely's Super Rabbit, Fox's Cosmo Cat, E.C.'s Freddy Firefly(Human Torch clone), Orbit's Wiggles Worm and Upan Atom, Magazine Enterprises' The Atom, Super Mouse, Mighty Mouse, Atomic Mouse, Atomic Rabbit, Superkatt, and Star/Farrell's Super Cat?

Of course, these funny animal superheroes were ALL male characters, so they don't apply to this thread.  But, I think it is interesting that there were NO female funny animal superheroes, at least probably until the "underground era" of the 1970s.

Well, I treated animal characters as separate, though there was Pussy Katnip:

ip icon Logged

Robb_K

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2020, 11:16:03 PM »

What about MLJ's Super Duck, Timely's Super Rabbit, Fox's Cosmo Cat, E.C.'s Freddy Firefly(Human Torch clone), Orbit's Wiggles Worm and Upan Atom, Magazine Enterprises' The Atom, Super Mouse, Mighty Mouse, Atomic Mouse, Atomic Rabbit, Superkatt, and Star/Farrell's Super Cat?

Of course, these funny animal superheroes were ALL male characters, so they don't apply to this thread.  But, I think it is interesting that there were NO female funny animal superheroes, at least probably until the "underground era" of the 1970s.

Well, I treated animal characters as separate, though there was Pussy Katnip:

It seems to me that Pussy Katnip wasn't really a "Superhero" per se.  She was just a very athletic, tough, intelligent, street-wise, and well-trained undercover detective. 
« Last Edit: April 10, 2020, 01:20:07 AM by Robb_K »
ip icon Logged

Electricmastro

message icon
« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2020, 03:15:33 AM »

Hey Electridmastro,

can you tell me how to get an image on a post! For the life of me I can't do it!

Cheers!

Put an image link between these:

img] and [/img], with a square bracket put on the left side of the left img as well, making it look like [img]

I upload images to Imgur, which helps when wanting a more stabilized link.

It seems to me that Pussy Katnip wasn't really a "Superhero" per se.  She was just a very athletic, tough, intelligent, street-wise, and well-trained undercover detective.

Fair enough, but I felt she was still worth mentioning since you brought the subject up!
« Last Edit: April 10, 2020, 03:26:52 AM by Electricmastro »
ip icon Logged

crashryan

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2020, 03:37:24 AM »

I'd say Ms Katnip was right on the dividing line, shading a tiny bit toward superhero because drinking "Katnip Fizz" supposedly gave her extra strength and other vague abilities. However she didn't look or act any differently after taking the drink, so maybe she was just hooked on the stuff and used superpowers as an excuse to take another shot. She did perform dangerous action stunts while under the influence, which suggests enhanced abilities. I think George summed her up succinctly when he said (direct quote; don't shoot me), "What a wonderful Pussy!"
ip icon Logged

Robb_K

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2020, 09:50:53 AM »

I'd say Ms Katnip was right on the dividing line, shading a tiny bit toward superhero because drinking "Katnip Fizz" supposedly gave her extra strength and other vague abilities. However she didn't look or act any differently after taking the drink, so maybe she was just hooked on the stuff and used superpowers as an excuse to take another shot. She did perform dangerous action stunts while under the influence, which suggests enhanced abilities. I think George summed her up succinctly when he said (direct quote; don't shoot me), "What a wonderful Pussy!"

I think I'll vote for her being just over the edge of being a superheroine, because even she didn't know she was one, if she never used the only non-normal power she had in the drink (IF it existed).  As a reader of all her stories other than the one in the 1945 Ribtickler Giant 50
ip icon Logged

Electricmastro

message icon
« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2020, 03:58:49 AM »

Probably the first traditional superheroine in comic books, the Magician from Mars by Centaur Comics, from 1939.

ip icon Logged
Pages: 1 [2]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.