in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 43,470 books
 New: 224 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Can't Download - Resetting Download Limits

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 21

topic icon Author Topic: Can't Download - Resetting Download Limits  (Read 111597 times)

Astaldo711

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
Re: Bandwidth troubles
« Reply #225 on: March 19, 2010, 01:25:02 AM »

I'm having the same problem.  Last downloaded several days ago, but bandwidth hasn't reset. 

razormac, Newbies get 200mb and 20 books per week. Once your week is up and you haven't reset, let me know.
ip icon Logged

razormac

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: razormac
message icon
« Reply #226 on: March 19, 2010, 01:38:22 AM »

My bad . . . thought is was 200mb per day.   ::)  Thanks for the reply.
ip icon Logged

Astaldo711

message icon
« Reply #227 on: March 19, 2010, 01:45:41 AM »

No problem. That's why I'm here!
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #228 on: March 19, 2010, 01:47:00 AM »

And we have trying to find a way to run you off for days now without success. You seem to have moved in like a termite and will not get out. ;D :o
ip icon Logged

Astaldo711

message icon
« Reply #229 on: March 19, 2010, 01:52:41 AM »

I am tenacious...just ask my wife. Wouldn't take no for an answer when I wanted a date. Now before you say anything Narf or Skybandit, I wouldn't want a date from any of you ugly mugs!  ;)
ip icon Logged

bakerman3

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: bakerman3
message icon
« Reply #230 on: March 19, 2010, 02:07:56 AM »

Astaldo, can you fix my account?  It still says I have 16 days to go before it gets reset. 

Also, what are the new limits for each rank?  If it's now 200 MB per week for a Newbie, is it still 200 MB per day for a Junior member or has that been increased as well (to more meg per day)?
ip icon Logged

bakerman3

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #231 on: March 19, 2010, 02:08:50 AM »

I just upgraded 5 members today. I am working on getting two new content features here, and am in the process of working with a coder.
Right now instead of donations, if you have uploaded any books I can grant you VIP status. My apologies to newbies, I am working on a content feature that will enable newbies to get VIP status without donating or uploading books as well. I do not want to take the site down, so while the site is functioning best for VIP's I will correct the newbie status asap, and advise you all in the next few days when the content project officially begins....

I'm intrigued by this "content project" thing.  Has there been any further word on exactly what it is?
ip icon Logged

bakerman3

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #232 on: March 19, 2010, 02:10:07 AM »

Yay! Janus is back!
Now where's Yoc the White?

Is Yoc no longer affiliated with this site?  He was the one I was posting the info to about the quirky Freddyfly downloads.
ip icon Logged

Astaldo711

message icon
« Reply #233 on: March 19, 2010, 02:11:44 AM »

Okay bakerman3 I've reset you for this weeks downloads. Not sure what Janus has planned yet.
ip icon Logged

bakerman3

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #234 on: March 19, 2010, 03:02:19 AM »

OK thanks.  I've checked it and it says 190.73 MB for some reason, but that's close enough.

Interestingly, the "time remaining" hasn't changed (still says 16 days), so I guess that means it's still a manual process for you guys to reset limits, huh?

Does this mean that I should download the 190.73 MB before the next reset on Monday?
ip icon Logged

bowers

• Global Moderator
message icon
« Reply #235 on: March 19, 2010, 03:15:37 AM »

Do I understand correctly that newbies are now 200mb. per week? If so, does someone need to manually reset my bandwidth amount or will it eventually take care of itself? Cheers, Jeff
ip icon Logged

Astaldo711

message icon
« Reply #236 on: March 19, 2010, 03:22:31 AM »

bowers, I've reset you. No, it doesn't reset itself manually yet.
ip icon Logged
Comic Book Plus In-House Image

Astaldo711

message icon
« Reply #237 on: March 19, 2010, 03:25:28 AM »

OK thanks.  I've checked it and it says 190.73 MB for some reason, but that's close enough.

Interestingly, the "time remaining" hasn't changed (still says 16 days), so I guess that means it's still a manual process for you guys to reset limits, huh?

Does this mean that I should download the 190.73 MB before the next reset on Monday?

Not sure why it's only 190. When we reset, we have to enter the number in bytes, not kilobytes or megabytes. I set you to 200,000,000 bytes which should equate to 200mb. It looks like you are a junior member now, congrats! You should have an increase to your downloading ability at your next reset.
ip icon Logged

bowers

• Global Moderator
message icon
« Reply #238 on: March 19, 2010, 03:30:11 AM »

Thanks, not only for the reset, but also for getting me off my butt and making me start posting! Cheers, Jeff
ip icon Logged

JVJ

message icon
« Reply #239 on: March 19, 2010, 03:52:00 AM »

Not sure why it's only 190. When we reset, we have to enter the number in bytes, not kilobytes or megabytes. I set you to 200,000,000 bytes which should equate to 200mb. It looks like you are a junior member now, congrats! You should have an increase to your downloading ability at your next reset.

Actually one megabyte = 1,048,576 bytes, Astaldo. I know this because I used to be a technical illustrator for Hewlett-Packard and one day while proof-reading a technical manual I changed all the numbers of megabytes upwards to reflect the actual number of bytes and the writer gently explained to me the exact relationship of bytes to megabytes.

Welcome to the informed club.

Peace, Jim (|:{>
ip icon Logged

Astaldo711

message icon
« Reply #240 on: March 19, 2010, 03:55:09 AM »

Yeah, I figured it should be 209,715,200 bytes to equal 200mb but when I set someone to this limit, Narf told me the user had 209mb.
ip icon Logged

JVJ

message icon
« Reply #241 on: March 19, 2010, 04:05:23 AM »

If you've ever wondered why your 250 GB hard drive only has about 238 GB of space, it's because the hard drive manufacturers get to have the best of both worlds. They agreed that since everybody THOUGHT 250 GB = 250 000 000 000, that's how they would label their drives. But your OS isn't stupid and it knows that 250 000 000 000 is REALLY only 238 GB, so that's what it shows you.

(|:{>
ip icon Logged

JonTheScanner

message icon
« Reply #242 on: March 19, 2010, 04:15:10 AM »

Well, Jim, that's one school of thought.  The other is

1024^2 bytes is a Mebibyte
1024^3 bytes is a Gibibyte
1024^4 bytes is a Tebibyte

With the usual SI prefixes(Mega, Giga, Terra) retaining their original meanings.
ip icon Logged

JVJ

message icon
« Reply #243 on: March 19, 2010, 05:01:21 AM »

Well, Jon,
when you get the computer and hard drive manufacturers to use such terminology, then I'll adopt it, too. As it is now, it's just a private semantic - not especially useful for communicating to a general audience.

(|:{>
ip icon Logged

Komandi

message icon
« Reply #244 on: March 19, 2010, 10:08:26 AM »

bowers, I've reset you. No, it doesn't reset itself manually yet.

Can you please reset me for this week Astaldo? 

ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #245 on: March 19, 2010, 10:13:46 AM »

Yeah I remember from way back when dealing with kilobytes things were not exact. The 200 megs is arbitrary not meant as an exact science. If we want to use 210 to get people a full amount OK
ip icon Logged

Astaldo711

message icon
« Reply #246 on: March 19, 2010, 12:31:29 PM »

Okay Komandi you're reset.
ip icon Logged

jrvandore

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: jrvandore
message icon
« Reply #247 on: March 19, 2010, 01:37:23 PM »

I'm also waiting 16 days for my next download.  I've been trying to be more selective, but just discovered that the GCD has hardly any Jingle Jangle Comics indexed!
ip icon Logged

Astaldo711

message icon
« Reply #248 on: March 19, 2010, 01:58:59 PM »

jrvandore, it looks like you still have some MB left for downloading. All newbies will be reset Monday.
ip icon Logged

jrvandore

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: jrvandore
message icon
« Reply #249 on: March 19, 2010, 02:52:18 PM »

I can wait until Monday, since I get this when I try to download something:  "Error: Sorry but you are not allowed to download this file as it is larger than the amount of remaining bandwidth allocated to you for this period."  I don't want to be greedy.
ip icon Logged
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 21

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.