in house dollar bill thumbnail
Comic Book Plus In-House Image
 Total: 43,470 books
 New: 224 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Can't Download - Resetting Download Limits

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 21

topic icon Author Topic: Can't Download - Resetting Download Limits  (Read 111593 times)

JVJ

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
Re: Bandwidth troubles
« Reply #275 on: March 21, 2010, 08:13:55 PM »

Hi, Hawk,
All of those artist IDs on the GCD were provided by Henry Steele, Hames Ware and myself (in descending order of importance, I assure you). I'm sure by now you've discovered and downloaded Contact Comics (http://goldenagecomics.co.uk/index.php?dlid=7919) from Aviation Press.

If you have, you might be interested in the fact that last week I received an issue of Contact MAGAZINE (V7:9 11/43) from an ABE bookseller. Turns out that Contact Comics must have been started using the paper allotment of Contact Magazine, since it also was from Aviation Press at the editorial and advertising address of Airlines Terminal, 80 E 42nd St. NYC. No comics, but an interesting antecedent to the comic book.

Peace, Jim (|:{>
ip icon Logged

hawk1

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: hawk1
message icon
« Reply #276 on: March 21, 2010, 08:29:10 PM »

Yes I think Contact is one of the best "aviation" titles since the entire book is all aviation caracters,unlike Captains Aero & Flight which are all costume hero's besides the 1(Aero) or 2 (Flight) stories. I bought Contact 1,2,10,11 to complete the run. Rudy Palis art on The Golden Eagle (a Blackhawk copy) is great. Your #5 issue made me a fan of the book & Palis Golden Eagle.

A few years ago a fellow collector told me about "Bit Torrents" that had all DC comics from 1937 up. Went looking for all Green Arrow / Arrowplane (the plane not the car!) stories. Found alot,the first one was 1947 by George Papp natch. In looking for more torrents I stumbled upon your site. Also found loads of Hop Harrigan and went through hell buying more (GA Green Lantern is expensive)
« Last Edit: March 21, 2010, 09:22:46 PM by hawk1 »
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #277 on: March 21, 2010, 08:37:53 PM »

We look forward to those issues of Contact an overall great comic. Also look forward to Johnny Law 1 and 3
ip icon Logged

BigRedCheese

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: BigRedCheese
message icon
« Reply #278 on: March 22, 2010, 06:27:42 AM »

Hi Folks!  This is a great site and I really appreciate the effort by Golden Age Comics in providing comics addicts with such treasures.  I've just signed up but my user cp states I've already used up my limit?  Is there a 24hr waiting period before downloading?   ???

Thanks!  ;D
ip icon Logged

Mandrake9

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: Mandrake9
message icon
« Reply #279 on: March 22, 2010, 06:37:38 AM »

Well, I got my bandwidth reset a week or so ago (thanks, Narfstar), and downloaded a file or two at the time, but ever since, even though my CP now looks good, I just get

Error: Sorry but you are not allowed to download this file as you have exceeded the number of files you are allowed to download during this period. Please check your user control panel for more information on the limits currently available to you.. If you believe this to be in error, please quote the above error and report this to the admin

-- or sometimes the shorter error about following a link. I keep going back to the download page and recycling it before trying again, but no luck. Is this where I should report this?
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #280 on: March 22, 2010, 06:42:18 AM »

Hi Folks!  This is a great site and I really appreciate the effort by Golden Age Comics in providing comics addicts with such treasures.  I've just signed up but my user cp states I've already used up my limit?  Is there a 24hr waiting period before downloading?   ???

Thanks!  ;D

Narf or Astaldo will be with you sometime Monday -- since you are totally new, one of them will have to  "put you in" to the system so you begin receiving your bandwidth. Have patience.

B.
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #281 on: March 22, 2010, 06:44:08 AM »

Well, I got my bandwidth reset a week or so ago (thanks, Narfstar), and downloaded a file or two at the time, but ever since, even though my CP now looks good, I just get

Error: Sorry but you are not allowed to download this file as you have exceeded the number of files you are allowed to download during this period. Please check your user control panel for more information on the limits currently available to you.. If you believe this to be in error, please quote the above error and report this to the admin

-- or sometimes the shorter error about following a link. I keep going back to the download page and recycling it before trying again, but no luck. Is this where I should report this?

Bandwidth for folks is supposed to reset weekly on Monday. However, no one ever said when on Monday, so give it a wait later today and check in with Narf or Astaldo to see if there is anything you should do on your end. Regardless, the entire process will be automated as the site is revitalized by Janus. Have patience.

B.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #282 on: March 22, 2010, 10:19:19 AM »

I reset and checked a couple of names and it appears to have worked
ip icon Logged

Astaldo711

message icon
« Reply #283 on: March 22, 2010, 10:27:07 AM »

Woo hoo!  ;D
ip icon Logged

dandavis

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: dandavis
message icon
« Reply #284 on: March 22, 2010, 07:02:06 PM »

Just logged back into the site after many months absent.  My login went ok, but I can't download.  Can this be reset?

Thanks.
ip icon Logged

Astaldo711

message icon
« Reply #285 on: March 22, 2010, 07:36:49 PM »

You're set dandavis
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #286 on: March 22, 2010, 10:02:05 PM »

Just logged back into the site after many months absent.  My login went ok, but I can't download.  Can this be reset?

Thanks.

I did not know that you were a member here Mr. Davis. I still remember the time years ago at a Min-Mid-Ohio-Con where I purchased a few JLA related art pages from you that you had did the inks on.

I have not seen your name in anything as of late -- are you contributing to anything from DC or Marvel these days?  Have you appeared at any of Jeff Harper's conventions? I believe that might have been the last convention that I saw you at, but I haven't been to his big one in Akron for a few years now due to other pursuits.

Regardless, it is good to see you here.  ;D

B.

ip icon Logged

skeelow

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: skeelow
message icon
« Reply #287 on: March 22, 2010, 10:50:49 PM »

I am getting this message after just 4 or 5 downloads today.. Please help. I have been a member for around 3 years. how do I get more bandwidth?

Error: Your session ID does not match the session ID for this download link. If you are following this link from our site, please report it to the admin.. If you believe this to be in error, please quote the above error and report this to the admin
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #288 on: March 22, 2010, 10:54:00 PM »

You get more bandwidth by being a contibuter to the community. Newbie refers to lack of posting and has a weekly limit. You will be reset on Mondays
ip icon Logged

JonTheScanner

message icon
« Reply #289 on: March 22, 2010, 11:26:03 PM »

Error: Your session ID does not match the session ID for this download link. If you are following this link from our site, please report it to the admin.. If you believe this to be in error, please quote the above error and report this to the admin

This is not a bandwidth problem; it is some kind of time-out error.  If you get this error message, reload the page and try again. 

Of course, you might be out of bandwidth as well.
ip icon Logged

BigRedCheese

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #290 on: March 23, 2010, 02:32:31 AM »

Narf or Astaldo will be with you sometime Monday -- since you are totally new, one of them will have to  "put you in" to the system so you begin receiving your bandwidth. Have patience.

B.

Thanks, Narfstar and boox909.  I've downloaded some Whiz comics: superb! ;D

However, I'm having trouble with Whiz #104 zip file.  I've tried renaming to .cbz, .cbr, .rar and opening with Winzip and Winrar, to no avail.  Cdisplay still states the files are missing or corrupted. Thanks for you help!
ip icon Logged

Astaldo711

message icon
« Reply #291 on: March 23, 2010, 02:39:14 AM »

Try deleting it and download it again. It worked okay for me in CDisplayEx.
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #292 on: March 23, 2010, 02:40:21 AM »

B.

Thanks, Narfstar and boox909.  I've downloaded some Whiz comics: superb! ;D

However, I'm having trouble with Whiz #104 zip file.  I've tried renaming to .cbz, .cbr, .rar and opening with Winzip and Winrar, to no avail.  Cdisplay still states the files are missing or corrupted. Thanks for you help!

Have you tried IZArc or TUGZip? When CDisplay fails to open a file I try to open the files and put the individual pages in a new folder. CDisplay works wonderfully for viewing any folder of images.

B.
ip icon Logged

BigRedCheese

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #293 on: March 23, 2010, 08:02:26 AM »

Thanks Astaldo711 and boox909!  I downloaded the newer CDisplayEX and then TugZip.  Extracted the files to a folder and renamed it .cbz.  Now it works!  ;D
ip icon Logged

Astaldo711

message icon
« Reply #294 on: March 23, 2010, 10:11:44 AM »

Glad to hear it!  :D
ip icon Logged

slawsonc

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: slawsonc
message icon
« Reply #295 on: March 24, 2010, 06:10:55 AM »

Hi. I know I'm a NEWBIE but it has been more than 24 hours since I registered. Could someone check my status and hit the reset so I can try to download my first Comic from this site.

Once I understand the rules better on what can be uploaded, I have over 2TB of comics that may be made available. Most will not meet the PD requirements but many will.

Thanks
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #296 on: March 24, 2010, 06:15:32 AM »

Hi. I know I'm a NEWBIE but it has been more than 24 hours since I registered. Could someone check my status and hit the reset so I can try to download my first Comic from this site.

Once I understand the rules better on what can be uploaded, I have over 2TB of comics that may be made available. Most will not meet the PD requirements but many will.

Thanks

Welcome to the site.

You have to be put into the system so that you can begin downloading. Eventually this feature will be automated. For now Narf or Alstado will be along in the morning to check things out. Have patience, they will have you downloading in no time.

Also, if you want to know what what comics you can upload (which will gain you VIP status), check out http://goldenagecomics.co.uk/forum/index.php/board,15.0.html -- the Comics Not Allowed folder.

Again, welcome. Enjoy your stay.
B.
ip icon Logged

Astaldo711

message icon
« Reply #297 on: March 24, 2010, 09:51:48 AM »

Okay slawsonc, you'r eset up with this weeks downloads - 200mb/20 books whichever comes first. Choose wisely as you won't be reset again until Monday.
ip icon Logged

slawsonc

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: slawsonc
message icon
« Reply #298 on: March 24, 2010, 10:15:49 AM »

Astaldo711, thanks for the quick turn around. I appreciate it. Yes, I will choose wisely until I achieve the VIP level. I've read most of the strings and understand. Normally I sit back and enjoy readin the chit chat.
ip icon Logged

Astaldo711

message icon
« Reply #299 on: March 24, 2010, 10:22:12 AM »

Well now you'll be motivated to join in! Welcome aboard!  ;D
ip icon Logged
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 21

Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.