in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,817 books
 New: 194 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Can't Download - Resetting Download Limits

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 21

topic icon Author Topic: Can't Download - Resetting Download Limits  (Read 109962 times)

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
Re: Bandwidth troubles
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2010, 08:11:56 AM »

you should be fine now.
ip icon Logged

whitcomb23

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: whitcomb23
message icon
Re: ANYONE WITH THEIR PASSWORD NOT WORKING PLEASE READ THIS TOPIC, THANKS
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2010, 07:20:33 PM »

My apologies if this is not the correct place to ask, but it *looks* as near as I can follow the thread, that most people are able to log in and download at the moment.  I cannot log in or download and, wondering if perhaps my account had disappeared,* I find that nothing happens when I click on the register link.  If there are ongoing global issues, that's life (let us know when we can donate).  If there's something wrong with my account, please help.

Thanks very much!

*Somewhat stupid, I know, since obviously I can log in to the forum side.
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2010, 11:26:14 PM »

New accounts sometimes need 24hrs before they join the bandwidth recycling whit.
Check back tomorrow.

Thanks,
-Yoc
ip icon Logged

webhead68

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: webhead68
message icon
« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2010, 02:53:38 AM »

Yoc - I can log-in but even though I have not downloaded anything in weeks, my limits show 0
ip icon Logged

titan

message icon
« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2010, 11:35:52 AM »

you should be fine now.

yes. Now I am allowed to download. Thanks!
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 11:38:09 AM by titan »
ip icon Logged

rmorrill

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: rmorrill
message icon
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2010, 01:11:24 PM »

Now it is my turn - not so much a band width trouble - but just not being allowed to download anything.

Signed up last night because of the changes for free leeching :-)  and now get Error: Sorry but you do not have permission to view this page. Contact the admin if you think you should have access to this page.. If you believe this to be in error, please quote the above error and report this to the admin

Every download link I checked.

Anything I can do or am I pretty much SOL with this site?

ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2010, 04:24:15 PM »

Now it is my turn - not so much a band width trouble - but just not being allowed to download anything.

Signed up last night because of the changes for free leeching :-)  and now get Error: Sorry but you do not have permission to view this page. Contact the admin if you think you should have access to this page.. If you believe this to be in error, please quote the above error and report this to the admin

Every download link I checked.

Anything I can do or am I pretty much SOL with this site?

You signed up last night? I think it sometimes takes 24 hours for everything to kick in. Don't stress, I bet you are downloading by tonight!

B.
ip icon Logged

locke_vi

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: locke_vi
message icon
« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2010, 09:03:40 PM »

I think it took me 24 hours before I was able to download anything, but it was worth the wait.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2010, 09:06:30 PM »

Glad you have enjoyed your visit. Come again  ;D
ip icon Logged

whitcomb23

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2010, 10:26:29 PM »

Not in that big a hurry, but wanted to report.  Still cannot download or log in.  I was able to log in this morning, but I was just checking while I was at work -- by the time I got home, it was back to my previous results.   ...unless there's something about my home environment.  Do I need to eradicate my cookies or something?
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2010, 04:00:55 AM »

whitcomb, the site might not work from both your home and work PC.  Some have said on the pc that you register on will be recognized.  I can't confirm that though, sorry.

I've reset you for this cycle anyways.
-Yoc
ip icon Logged

Aussie500

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: Aussie500
message icon
« Reply #36 on: March 03, 2010, 01:25:23 AM »

My apologies if this is not the correct place to ask, but it *looks* as near as I can follow the thread, that most people are able to log in and download at the moment.  I cannot log in or download and, wondering if perhaps my account had disappeared,* I find that nothing happens when I click on the register link.  If there are ongoing global issues, that's life (let us know when we can donate).  If there's something wrong with my account, please help.

Thanks very much!

*Somewhat stupid, I know, since obviously I can log in to the forum side.

The log in details are the same for the download site as for the forum, you might need to clear your browser cache of any past passwords for the site, but make sure you actually know your password first.
ip icon Logged
Comic Book Plus In-House Image

rmorrill

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: rmorrill
message icon
« Reply #37 on: March 03, 2010, 12:53:54 PM »

Nah - tried again this morning - no joy - I am coming from the states (or the colonies as my english friends refer to us) - would that make any difference?

ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #38 on: March 03, 2010, 04:01:51 PM »

Sorry to give you all more hassle but I can't even sign in to the download pages.  I'm not desperate - yet - but would be interested to know what you think might be wrong. 
ip icon Logged

sisibeck

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: sisibeck
message icon
« Reply #39 on: March 03, 2010, 11:26:01 PM »

Error: Sorry but you are not allowed to download this file as it is larger than the amount of remaining bandwidth allocated to you for this period. Please check your user control panel for more information on the limits currently available to you.. If you believe this to be in error, please quote the above error and report this to the admin

Will my allocated bandwidth reset after a certain period of time? The bandwidth time in my control panel is 0.
ip icon Logged

InsertMedia

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: InsertMedia
message icon
« Reply #40 on: March 04, 2010, 02:30:23 AM »

I'm having the same problem too. All these scans are so tempting, but ARG!, none can be downloaded. Do I need to be turned on by someone? My CP is 0.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #41 on: March 04, 2010, 03:41:39 AM »

It usually takes 24hours for a new account to become activated
ip icon Logged

InsertMedia

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: InsertMedia
message icon
« Reply #42 on: March 04, 2010, 05:22:45 AM »

Great. Thanks for the quick reply. I'll try, try again tomorrow.
ip icon Logged

Farandil

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: Farandil
message icon
« Reply #43 on: March 04, 2010, 02:58:54 PM »

Hello Admins,

i also just registered but my cp shows 0 MB free but i haven't downloaded anything yet.
Perhaps same problem as member "titan" posted before
No hurry but thanks for help

ip icon Logged

whitcomb23

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #44 on: March 05, 2010, 01:57:44 AM »

I got rid of some corrupted cookies and got in.  All seems to be well, but after downloading some files yesterday, my account has not reset, though the bandwidth and file number timers are at zero.

No hurry.  I'll check back now and then.

Thanks much!
ip icon Logged

permpoom

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: permpoom
message icon
« Reply #45 on: March 06, 2010, 12:52:06 AM »

Hello

My name is Stephen Worth, and I am the Director of the ASIFA-Hollywood Animation Archive, a non-profit archive, museum and library in Burbank, CA. We are building a massive database of biographical information, digitized animated films and scans of flat artwork for the use of students and professional cartoonists and animators. You can see our website at http://www.animationarchive.org

I might be able to help with some of your bandwidth issues. If you are interested, please drop me an email at sworth@animationarchive.org

Thanks
Stephen Worth
Director
ASIFA-Hollywood Animation Archive
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #46 on: March 06, 2010, 01:16:47 AM »

Thanks Stephen maybe Janus will contact you about that. I am sure most of what we have onsite will be of use to you.
ip icon Logged

Ladythriller1

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: Ladythriller1
message icon
« Reply #47 on: March 06, 2010, 04:56:35 PM »

I have tried all the workarounds for downloading, but I am still able to log in only to the forum and not to downloads.
I keep getting this error message.

Error: Login failed... The password does not match the one in our records.
Failed inside $this->usertype->do_login()
. If you believe this to be in error, please quote the above error and report this to the admin

I am certain of the password, so i don't know what else to try.
ip icon Logged

watchstop

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: watchstop
message icon
« Reply #48 on: March 06, 2010, 07:17:51 PM »

I seem to be able to log in satisfactorily, but not to download.  Is this part of the current problem to which you are referring?

Many thanks.

Martin Fass
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #49 on: March 06, 2010, 09:43:47 PM »

New accounts may take 24 hours and maybe more until Janus logs on he is now the only admin able to add new accounts. Old accounts may need to delete old cookies. BTW Martin are you any relation to Myron Fass?
ip icon Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 21

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.